Is Fist of guthix a good place to train magic?

wojfball

it isnt because you can get xp much faster on f2p using strikes on low level creatures. If teh runes cost too much jsut mine and craft them yourself.

Then you would have to divert time away from maging and craft them instead.

FoG is VERY good if you're low on cash. You can cast a ridiculous number of spells and since your opponent has his stat effectiveness reduced, as long as he's not like 70 levels higher than you, you should be able to hit a fair amount.

I still train there. Where else am I going to cast that many fire blasts for free?

it isnt because you can get xp much faster on f2p using strikes on low level creatures. If teh runes cost too much jsut mine and craft them yourself.

Then you would have to divert time away from maging and craft them instead.

FoG is VERY good if you're low on cash. You can cast a ridiculous number of spells and since your opponent has his stat effectiveness reduced, as long as he's not like 70 levels higher than you, you should be able to hit a fair amount.

I still train there. Where else am I going to cast that many fire blasts for free?

You'd have to divert time from maging to craft them, yeah, but you'd also need to divert time from maging to, y'know, play FoG. You'd waste time chasing after an enemy who is actively avoiding you, you'd waste time being the hunted and not being able to cast spells at all, and you'd waste time waiting in the lobby to start games, and to top it off there's a good chance the opponent will switch to magic-resistant armour. So it's not really an effective way to train magic.