90 slayer worth it?

narnarkille2

I just want to know if 90 slayer and mourning ends part 2 is worth the reward, namely dark beasts. They sound very nice: always aggro(can you "afk" because of this?), dark bows, and you pray so its easy.

90 slayer and the quests are hard though and i haven't really started the mourning end quest chain.

So are the drops and xp from dark beasts worth 90 slayer and the quests?

I'm pretty sure that most people who go past level 83 or 85 like slayer(my favorite skill) so if it has to be "worth" it to train for you. I would say no.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Is any skill worth it? Is any quest worth it? Is it worth playing this game in the first place? If you enjoy runescape, it's worth it. If you enjoy the slayer skill it's worth it. What determines the "worth" of any skill (or lack there of) is the enjoyment you take from grinding it and the feeling of acheivement you get from leveling it.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated and drunkeness sobered, but stupid is forever.

wolfboy_kh.png

wolfboy_kh.png

You only have to go through like ten minutes of MEP2 to unlock them so yeah. You don't even have to finish it to get them as a task.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Dark Beasts aren't bad; they are just decent experience, nothing more, nothing less. As for the drop rate of dark bows, it is low, very low. I'm 9 Dark Beast tasks in a row right now without a dark bow. Their drops are alright, including several alchable rune items that will pay for your prayer pots. I wouldn't suggest camping these though, as without a black mask it will be painful to kill them. I've found they have a very high defense to the point where you can kill them roughly 20% faster using a gs over a whip. The charms are alright; they are the best blue charm dropper in the game, but its not as good as hunting waterfiends. And yes, they are aggressive forever making them easy to afk; just don't let your prayer run out or you will become quick food in your proselyte.

Is it worth it? No.

Is it worth it if you enjoy training the skill, and would eventually want the cape? Yes.

Foooman.png

Dark Beasts aren't bad; they are just decent experience, nothing more, nothing less. As for the drop rate of dark bows, it is low, very low. I'm 9 Dark Beast tasks in a row right now without a dark bow. Their drops are alright, including several alchable rune items that will pay for your prayer pots. I wouldn't suggest camping these though, as without a black mask it will be painful to kill them. I've found they have a very high defense to the point where you can kill them roughly 20% faster using a gs over a whip. The charms are alright; they are the best blue charm dropper in the game, but its not as good as hunting waterfiends. And yes, they are aggressive forever making them easy to afk; just don't let your prayer run out or you will become quick food in your proselyte.

Is it worth it? No.

Is it worth it if you enjoy training the skill, and would eventually want the cape? Yes.

I agree with this here. If you enjoy Slayer, then it's absolutely worth it. I for one cannot wait for 90 Slayer.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It depends what your prayer level is. I say let it build up from slayer and just accumulate it, no need to throw 50M at something when you can get it slowly

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

You only have to go through like ten minutes of MEP2 to unlock them so yeah. You don't even have to finish it to get them as a task.

Hoodie - is this right, I've been 90 slayer for about 3 months now & still haven't got them as a task. I've unlocked the Dark Beasts, but haven't completed MEP2.

I'm still stuck in the Iron Dragon, Steel Dragon, Black Dragon , Abby Demon & Fire Giant Duradel Loop & have been for the past 74 tasks!!!

I was debating taking some time out to finish MEP2, but if you can confirm that you can get task without finishing it I won't bother.

the_lad_1.png

Yes they are worth it. The XP you get is amazing. both to combat and slayer. You can AFK to an extent yes and they are pretty slow kills due to the huge HP they have.

Drop wise they are meant to drop lots of rune gear but I've not found this to be true. Get more from Black Demons in my experience. Never had a Dark Bow drop in about 400 kills.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Hoodie - is this right, I've been 90 slayer for about 3 months now & still haven't got them as a task. I've unlocked the Dark Beasts, but haven't completed MEP2.

I'm still stuck in the Iron Dragon, Steel Dragon, Black Dragon , Abby Demon & Fire Giant Duradel Loop & have been for the past 74 tasks!!!

I was debating taking some time out to finish MEP2, but if you can confirm that you can get task without finishing it I won't bother.

I think you need completion of the quest, same with Scarbites.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!