R&B and Slow Jams

Infi

Anyone here listen to this genre? I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them, they're just so melodic and can be easily related to :lol:

Some of my artists:

-Brian McKnight

-Mario

-Mario Winans

-Etc.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Kind of funny. I grew up on hip hop when I was a kid and when I would hang out w/ my cousin's and his mom and stuff they were like older black people and they'd always have the mature R&B. And today I was driving up towards NYC and I caught a station w/ that mature R&B. I had to let it ride for a minute and give it pause. Ever since I was 17-18 I've been heavier into rock and disregarded my roots. :( But yeah the slow jams are the truth man. :)

It's funny b/c I've always liked commercial music and couldn't stand people who downplay it. But now I kind of see where they're coming from. With the likes of Chris Brown and such you can definately see the heart getting ripped out of it.

An epiphany has just occured.

- Proud member of Damage Incorporated -

14o0r4n.jpg
Infernal Pkers '05-'07
Pked 200+ ahrims,100+ dh sets
2aiiuf5.png

Old accounts: Adamlion5, Zurhone27, Socaplaya0, Shadyplaya00

PERM BANNED FROM RS NOVEMBER 18, 2008

Ugh, I hate Rhythm and Blues :| That particular style of music makes me cringe. Probably because I am a rock man, however ;)

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I don't really like most of the newer R&B, it's all a bit too, uhm, sweet for me. If you could touch it you would need to wash your hands afterwards, because they are sticky. If you know what I mean. Frank McComb has done some great stuff though.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Ugh, I hate Rhythm and Blues :| That particular style of music makes me cringe. Probably because I am a rock man, however ;)

No surprise. R&B actually requires singing.

Marvin Gaye

Luther Vandross

Teddy Pendergrass

Brian Adams

Brian McKnight

Charlie Wilson

Great soul

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

No surprise. R&B actually requires singing.

Do you even know what you're talking about?!?!? Or are you confusing Rock with Noise? :lol:

Anyway, I find R&B boring, repetitive and way overrated.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't like new R&B at all, and I never really listened to old R&B all that much.

They're both great.

Probably the front man for all the R&B songs right now is Ne-yo, I think his songs are wonderful.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer