Halo 2:The War

icefirebird

i did standby and modders piss me off

1: first of all u cant move cuz a modder shoots 200 rounds of a BR at ur head so u die

2: but u can only mod on the new maps Warlock, Containment Ect.

3: now that i dont standby its gay u just sit there in blue screen all game while their blowing ur face in

rawwwak3.th.png

Both of those people have NOTHING better to do, that's how sad they are. Their pathetic thirst for a mere label, barely a level, ruins the game for everyone else. Cheater's mind - Hell yeah I spent 15 hours of my life doing nothing fun at all but I'm level 40 TS so I am teh halo god with da skillz, please praise, fear, worship me. If that's the only pride they have in life, they've got to turn off their Xbox and see no one really gives a crap.

Level seldomly equals skill in H2, it only helps match you to people who've been winning or losing as much as you. These people are just desperate for some kind of achievement award without actually working toward that achievement.

Who would win in that? Hopefully they'll both wipe themselves out and leave us people who want to have fun play.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

i never even noticed these people?

what exaclty do they do?

Standbyers press "Standby" on their modems to intentionally lag the game. It's so they can go around killing people while everyone is lagging, and they're lag-free.

Modders have a mod chip installed into their xbox that allows them to access cheats in ranked games. These can be anything like flying warthogs, automatic shotguns, you name it.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

what exaclty do they do?

Standbyers press "Standby" on their modems to intentionally lag the game. It's so they can go around killing people while everyone is lagging, and they're lag-free.

Modders have a mod chip installed into their xbox that allows them to access cheats in ranked games. These can be anything like flying warthogs, automatic shotguns, you name it.

AFAIK no mod chips are able to be on during Live play or the acct will get banned.. You always turn them off during Live play =\

How does one go about modding their xbox? I don't play Xbox or have one, so I have no clue...?

http://www.teamxodus.com/

Home of the Xenium modchip, about 50-60 dollars. The site should have some information for you, but basically you void the warranty and open up your xbox and solder in a modchip ;)... or find a solderless modchip

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Interesting, didnt know people cheated like that?! Hmm hopfuly bungi changes it when the xbox360 comes out...

Off-topic, anyone know for sure, i mean for sure, that you can play normal xbox games on the 360?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Interesting, didnt know people cheated like that?! Hmm hopfuly bungi changes it when the xbox360 comes out...

Off-topic, anyone know for sure, i mean for sure, that you can play normal xbox games on the 360?

I bet they'll have downloadable patches for popular games... but I don't think youll be able to plop in Furry Monkey Bonanza and expect it to work because of the switch from nVidia .... we'll see how that goes

smithie3.jpg

what exaclty do they do?

wow...thats really sad...no wonder sumetimes while im lagging i got killed without even knowing it...

o well...makes me realize that im even better than i thought...but man...thats so sad...its only a friggan game...y must people have an obsession to do anything int heir power just to win... :?

i didnt really read all of that but after skimming, the modders arent really using mod chips the way there modding is called softmodding, its modding using action replay and hacked maps. All they do is goto this website http://www.biline.ca and it tells you exactly how to soft mod it, all you have to do after that is download the hacked maps and use ftp to transfer them to your xbox, i do not mod, i know modders, and i am thinking of purchasing action replay for the fun mods, some of the fun mods that im talking about are the one that me and my friends use in team training, such things as flying warthogs, flying tanks, etc. this is purely for fun tho and is not hurting anyone because we never do the objective and just playing around in the air.

and in the war standbyers would easily win because the modders would not beable to move.

I bet they'll have downloadable patches for popular games... but I don't think youll be able to plop in Furry Monkey Bonanza and expect it to work because of the switch from nVidia .... we'll see how that goes

:? you lost me near the end of that sentence. Do you mean theyar e changing the type of disc that cna be played (like xbox can run dvd and a certain kind of disc [name started with])? Or something diffrent about the programing?

Anyways i was talking to this guy who works at a gaming shop near me, he said that it should be able to right away... but it was what he has heard so far.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

i didnt really read all of that but after skimming, the modders arent really using mod chips the way there modding is called softmodding, its modding using action replay and hacked maps. All they do is goto this website http://www.biline.ca and it tells you exactly how to soft mod it, all you have to do after that is download the hacked maps and use ftp to transfer them to your xbox, i do not mod, i know modders, and i am thinking of purchasing action replay for the fun mods, some of the fun mods that im talking about are the one that me and my friends use in team training, such things as flying warthogs, flying tanks, etc. this is purely for fun tho and is not hurting anyone because we never do the objective and just playing around in the air.

and in the war standbyers would easily win because the modders would not beable to move.

I don't know why anyone would find flying warthogs/whatever fun for more than 30 minutes... even with friends

Now for fun.. that's doing it the right way

You want a warthog to fly? You pile grenades under it and jump in while someone tosses a nade on top of the pile ;)

THAT is much more entertaining than having one that flies with no effort whatsoever because it's a challenge to get some of the goals you have set for yourself :P It can take mannnnnny tries to bounce it on top of a building intact, but when you do it you'll find yourself letting out a warcry :P

And what's better? None of my friends complain about it... if I'm playing a team game with 7 other friends and I waste 10 minutes getting a warthog ontop of a building for a decent turret sniper spot they wont whine because they know I spent 10 minutes on it x.x

smithie3.jpg

I don't know why anyone would find flying warthogs/whatever fun for more than 30 minutes... even with friends

Now for fun.. that's doing it the right way

You want a warthog to fly? You pile grenades under it and jump in while someone tosses a nade on top of the pile ;)

THAT is much more entertaining than having one that flies with no effort whatsoever because it's a challenge to get some of the goals you have set for yourself :P It can take mannnnnny tries to bounce it on top of a building intact, but when you do it you'll find yourself letting out a warcry :P

And what's better? None of my friends complain about it... if I'm playing a team game with 7 other friends and I waste 10 minutes getting a warthog ontop of a building for a decent turret sniper spot they wont whine because they know I spent 10 minutes on it x.x

30 seconds later... you get sniped. :wink:

Also, you can't bounce vehicles in H2 anymore since they're distructable. Ahh the fun of H1 where you could send every hog and ghost out of the edge of Blood Gulch and drive them around up there. 8)

In H2 a lot of people try to perfect bugs such as super bouncing (jumping really high to land on top of a map, hard to do - good sniping), but those don't interest me at all even if they are "legal". I'm just not going to spent 10 minutes of my life not having fun to get on top of some place where I can't kill anyone without a sniper.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

:? you lost me near the end of that sentence. Do you mean theyar e changing the type of disc that cna be played (like xbox can run dvd and a certain kind of disc [name started with])? Or something diffrent about the programing?

Anyways i was talking to this guy who works at a gaming shop near me, he said that it should be able to right away... but it was what he has heard so far.

The graphics card changed from nVidia to ATI (ATI right?) and most games had some special gfx techniques that took advantage of the nVidia card and it would have to be emulated and maybe even removed in a patch if they want to be backward compatible

smithie3.jpg

Before AU

standbyers lag people so much that the modder can do diddly

After AU

modders standby is useless anymore... so modders get auto aim with unlimited ammo with no reload

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

Before AU

standbyers lag people so much that the modder can do diddly

After AU

modders standby is useless anymore... so modders get auto aim with unlimited ammo with no reload

actully they dont have infinite ammo, thats why there always running after brs but they shoot 10 shot bursts

are u crazy? modders can freaking do anything.... infinate ammo is really easy for them... hell even AR (action replay) can do an infinate ammo no reload

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

thats so pathetic...y people make autoaimers is beyond me...takes any fun out of a game

why do peole make autominers for rs...

To brag about skills/money

smithie3.jpg

thats so pathetic...y people make autoaimers is beyond me...takes any fun out of a game

yeah...sorta like steroids in sports

yeah...sorta like steroids in sports

But that has actual real life benefits :P

(along with testicular shrinkage)

smithie3.jpg