Avira AntiVir Personal (free)

Cyco_Reborn

Anyone got this antivirus? And if so does anyone know how to stop the notification from popping up everytime when it's inconvenient, without buying the full version? Or if not can anyone recommend me a better free antivirus software?

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

I use AVG 7.5 Free Edition. It works very well for me, includes email scanner and more. User interface is very simple and friendly. You can also tell it if you want it to scan fast(more comp usage needed) or slower.

Its been great for me.

Live life to the fullest, or don't live at all.

-I can't help with with solving the problem you're having.

-What I can do is recommend a better anti-virus program. I'd recommend Avast! anti-virus, found here : http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

It's free and in my humble opinion, it's easily the best FREE anti-virus out there, at the moment.

Quotes from Sly:

=> "There's no magic to programming, just LOGIC."

=> "Only the best, is good enough."

I use AVG 7.5 Free Edition. It works very well for me, includes email scanner and more. User interface is very simple and friendly. You can also tell it if you want it to scan fast(more comp usage needed) or slower.

Its been great for me.

I use AVG Free also. It's very good. Although I use 8.0 which is better than the 7.5 your using :P . Upgrade, it's free.

goldenblade995.png

Its been great for me.

I use AVG Free also. It's very good. Although I use 8.0 which is better than the 7.5 your using :P . Upgrade, it's free.

Well, what slymongoose said in another topic is right for AVG, it's not as good as it used to be, in fact, it's almost as bad as Norton and McAfee now.

Its been great for me.

Well, what slymongoose said in another topic is right for AVG, it's not as good as it used to be, in fact, it's almost as bad as Norton and McAfee now.

Well you can take out much of the bloat if you install with the custom option. I take out the link scanner, the email/outlook addon and stuff.

goldenblade995.png

<<< Quote Snip >>>

Well you can take out much of the bloat if you install with the custom option. I take out the link scanner, the email/outlook addon and stuff.

Actually, the detection rates are much lower than they were before as well.

Its been great for me.

Hey Norton and McAfee are good! I used both (not at same time, duh) and they worked fine. Just tell me whats so bad about them, everyone says they are awful.

ib7rVm.png

Read this post if you want an answer...

Actually, read the whole thread for a more complete answer.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Contrary to what the adverts say, symantec is anything but security. I had many problems with Norton Internet Security. It hogged resources. It missed things. The firewall caused many problems. The tech support was rubbish. (And for all that it cost money.) Put simply, Norton was good back when my parents got their first computer in 1998, but now it's just useless to the point of becoming malware itself.

Anyway, I don't mine the adds. Avira Antivir's better detection rates and speed more than make up for it.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."