TeaTimer.exe- can I disable it without any ill effects?

Acero Frio

Recently, I've noticed that my computer has slowed to a real crawl. I'm considering disabling both the Spybot S&D resident and TeaTimer[Caution: Executable File]. Will this have any ill effects? (Running Windows XP on a machine which is possibly four years old.)

Acero_Frio.png

I have spybot as one of my anti-spyware scanners and turn tea timer off, only leaving avast! on for real time protection. Just scan every couple of days when your afk or once every week or so and don't visit any dodgy sites and you should be fine.

eggzs.png

I disabled it a while ago so forgot how to do it but a quick Google search tells this:

* Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident

o Uncheck (if checked) the following:

Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

To temporarally close TeaTimer and restart it later:

* Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.

o TeaTimer closes.

* Restart TeaTimer:

o Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.

o Double click TeaTimer[Caution: Executable File] to start it.

eggzs.png

Thanks- it certainly seems to be the culprit with my computer speed. (Now if I could just find out why I can hear the fan when I couldn't before, I'll be set.)

maybe your fans dieing (like mine was, but seems to be good now lol)? or maybe your computer is running hotter because of hotter temperatures (sunnier days)?

get cpu-z (i think, haven't used it in ages) or something that tells you the fan speed and system temperature from sensors on your motherboard. its not going to be accurate but it gives a fairly good idea.

im not sure but my computer usually idles at around 30 Celsius (does that sound right) on a standard day and gets up to about 50 Celsius under load on a standard day. i haven't checked for a while but that sounds about right. i think it used to get upto 60+ Celsius on a hot summers day for memory.

Thanks- it certainly seems to be the culprit with my computer speed. (Now if I could just find out why I can hear the fan when I couldn't before, I'll be set.)

If it's doing a louder fan sound, it's all right, but if it's doing a weird sound, you should check it. I personally prefer to hear the fans than to not hear them, simply because I know when one fan stops working.