Fishing question

Kaphias

Because I'm curious... does the amount of people in a world/the amount of people at a fishing spot affect the speed at which you get fish?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I'm not positive, but I tend to catch fish faster when there is more people at my spot.

The drawback is that the fishing spot tends to move more (I think). :?

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

I have never noticed any difference between 10 people being on the same spot I am compared to just me alone. Some people believe if you pile a spot you actually get fish faster, and fishing spots stay in one spot longer. While I haven't noticed a difference in fishing speed using the "pile" method, the spots do seem to stay in one place longer the more people that are on it.

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

yeah, i remember in the classic rs days the respawn of ores and fish was all dependant on the population of your server. i don't know if they reworked that system with rs2 but i haven't seen any noticable difference other than spot movement as someone mentioned earlier. spots do tend to jump around more when the guild is busy at least, can't speak for other spots.

gregory13.png

Mining rock respawn rates are still dependent on the number of the people on the server, but fishing spots never actually have to "respawn." I seriously doubt that the number of people effects the rate that you personally get fish while at a spot at all, but I don't have enough experience to say for certain either way.

Spots definately do move around more when there are more people at a spot though, which is why I tried to find less crowded worlds when I was shilo fishing since those spots move very, very far :wall:

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Lets say there's 10 people, the fishing spot is 10x more likely to be moved by a random event. If you are fishing for XP and don't care about collecting other people's raws or talking, then fish in a low player number server.

Hope this helps!

I'm not positive, but I tend to catch fish faster when there is more people at my spot.

The drawback is that the fishing spot tends to move more (I think). :?

This seems to happen to me too. Ive tested it to make sure too. Maybe its just luck, but i do get more fish, or fish faster in world 1 which is always full than in a wordl thats emptier.

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

After further observation, I have noticed that fishing spots respawn much faster in servers with more people, but as I said before, Random Events make this quite pointless. Mining, on the other hand is a great thing to do if you can fing a nice secluded spot on huge servers (World 2) is great for members. Also, fishing tends to go faster in high population worlds...no proof though.

From what I observed, fishing speed are roughly the same for all players (just like miners picking at same ore). The amount of fish available is different, like the amount of logs you can get from a tree, from spot to spot, but not affected by world population (unless you count people all fishing in the same spot).

The effect of popular world is to get more fishing random event (big fish, whirlpool, moving spot, etc), just like when more people chopping at same tree, Ent appears more often.

aalelaabm.jpg

The Haraguroi Club: Where Yandere Thrive for Chopping