I just clicked on a site that steals your password...

Leoo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off all, whoever is telling you to change your pass word is wrong, including a mod.

You can run a virus scan, but I would recommend that your do RECOVER STOLEN PASSWORD/ACCOUNT. You will get your account back, whoever is telling you to change your pass, THEY ALREADY HAVE. :wall:

Mr_Smarty_1.png

Is it really possible to get a keylogger just from going to the site...? I've been to loads of these, and this particular one 3 times, never having had any trouble with it.

To a site? Certainly

To this site? Impossible to say without examining it.

I wouldn't worry about it waaaaaaay too much. Little point in having it input name & pass if you have a keylogger in place.

But as I stated above, it doesn't hurt to run a scan anyway.

First off all, whoever is telling you to change your pass word is wrong, including a mod.

You can run a virus scan, but I would recommend that your do RECOVER STOLEN PASSWORD/ACCOUNT. You will get your account back, whoever is telling you to change your pass, THEY ALREADY HAVE. :wall:

Hmm...they move fast.

My account still responds to my pass, so I'm assuming that no keylogger was installed then.

[hide=]

Is it really possible to get a keylogger just from going to the site...? I've been to loads of these, and this particular one 3 times, never having had any trouble with it.

To a site? Certainly

To this site? Impossible to say without examining it.

I wouldn't worry about it waaaaaaay too much. Little point in having it input name & pass if you have a keylogger in place.

But as I stated above, it doesn't hurt to run a scan anyway.

Hmm...they move fast.

My account still responds to my pass, so I'm assuming that no keylogger was installed then.

[/hide]

It's always beter to change it just in case ... I normally play RS on my good compy, so whenever an ad comes up and I accidentally click on it, or I'm tricked, I always go on my laggy compy to change PW.

I hardly use the laggy compy, making it less vulernable to viruses and keyloggers :D

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Eh I clicked on it too , now I will have to wait few hours to get the new password and be sure that my acc will be still .. mine ..

Just clicked on it or entered your name/pass?

Because if you just clicked on it then the only way they could get your password is if they had downloaded a keylogger which would in turn mean that by changing your password you have simply given them your new one...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

If new recoveries were set, when logging it will it say 'new' recovery questions have been set? Just wondering incase they have managed to get my password from a keylog, but have slying changed my recoveries.

Thanks.

Well this reminds me of one thing that I actually like more about World of Warcraft. When this type of thing happens, they can and WILL restore your account to where it was prior to the mistake that you made. In Runescape, I plan on getting my account back and having nothing... perfect timing for Lich King I guess ;P

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Eh I clicked on it too , now I will have to wait few hours to get the new password and be sure that my acc will be still .. mine ..

Just clicked on it or entered your name/pass?

Because if you just clicked on it then the only way they could get your password is if they had downloaded a keylogger which would in turn mean that by changing your password you have simply given them your new one...

entered the password ... twice lol :D

Well this reminds me of one thing that I actually like more about World of Warcraft. When this type of thing happens, they can and WILL restore your account to where it was prior to the mistake that you made. In Runescape, I plan on getting my account back and having nothing... perfect timing for Lich King I guess ;P

If you have a bank pin, there is still hope (I hope)!

How can Blizzard tell that you've been hacked? I mean obviously you tell them but do they then check back on your account and see that all your money's gone and put it back while banning/punishing the person who took the stuff? Otherwise it would be easy to just abuse that system...

tifsiggy.jpg

If new recoveries were set, when logging it will it say 'new' recovery questions have been set? Just wondering incase they have managed to get my password from a keylog, but have slying changed my recoveries.

Thanks.

Actually it will say you sent a query to change it and it would change after like a week or two.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

How can Blizzard tell that you've been hacked? I mean obviously you tell them but do they then check back on your account and see that all your money's gone and put it back while banning/punishing the person who took the stuff? Otherwise it would be easy to just abuse that system...

Oh do not get me wrong, it is not an easy process but it does happen. Most of the time in less than a day. It is what happens when you have a real customer support.

A friend of mine had farmed Primals (a material used for different things in game) for about a month trying to max his professions. He went to an internet cafe and when he left, logged back in at his house. When he logged in he was standing at the auction house, with no gear (Season 4 PvP lost btw), no items, and a list of sales on the auction house a mile long. He told a GM and had his stuff back, down to the copper in less than 15 minutes.

Jagex could never do that as they devote so much time to f2p. Not that I fault them but I am not expecting much. it was my fault after all.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Oh do not get me wrong, it is not an easy process but it does happen. Most of the time in less than a day. It is what happens when you have a real customer support.

A friend of mine had farmed Primals (a material used for different things in game) for about a month trying to max his professions. He went to an internet cafe and when he left, logged back in at his house. When he logged in he was standing at the auction house, with no gear (Season 4 PvP lost btw), no items, and a list of sales on the auction house a mile long. He told a GM and had his stuff back, down to the copper in less than 15 minutes.

Jagex could never do that as they devote so much time to f2p. Not that I fault them but I am not expecting much. it was my fault after all.

Hmm... well maybe that's what we pay for (or don't) for paying so little each month + no CDs to buy, compared to WoW players.

However, more importantly, I just discovered two Trojan Downloads.

Now admittedly I haven't done a virus scan in a while, but could these have come from this site do you think? (<-- Adressed to people who know about this sort of stuff.)

tifsiggy.jpg

It's kind of expected of bigger games to do that, like WoW or Hero Online. Hwoever if yiou look at the item scamming policy by Jagex, they state that they will clearly not return items lost in the scam. I think that's the same for example, of someone giving up another's items via party room.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

Norton's drawn a blank on trojans for me so far, but then, it's only made it through 73K files so far..

My laptop could be in the dictionary as the example for "slow"

and yes ladicai, first thing i did was use my ipod to change my password. ;)

Norton's drawn a blank on trojans for me so far, but then, it's only made it through 73K files so far..

and yes ladicai, first thing i did was use my ipod to change my password. ;)

Eew only 75k?

Mine's at 24k and it's taking for ever and lagging up my computer... how many files does the average (old but used a lot) computer have...?

tifsiggy.jpg

The scanning here makes me wish I didn't install so many additional files for games I no longer play :ohnoes:

My compy has some 130k files, I think.

EDIT: 130k files from games, my bad.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer