Fourth Of July Pictures {Large Pictures}

runesmithie

Thought I might post a picture topic for all those missing out on the Fourth :lol:

I don't have any good pictures yet, as it isn't night, but I think I got a couple decent ones

Fillin it up.. do do do

filling9hb.jpg

Finished filling! FINALLY!

endfilling1to.jpg

Down the hatch!

litbucket3we.jpg

Now for the bangs ;)

bang9si.jpg

bang23tw.jpg

bang2result0bn.jpg

bang36dw.jpg

bang47lp.jpg

bangresult1le.jpg

The water after ~100 firecrackers

endresult6oq.jpg

She's gonna blow!

litfuse0if.jpg

uhoh2bs.jpg

There goes the penguin!

uhohbang9fs.jpg

Some ground bloom pics... I missed the rest of the night's pics after this though x.x

picture0329jw.jpg

picture0332kl.jpg

picture0379ec.jpg

picture0408lj.jpg

picture0412tl.jpg

picture0426vf.jpg

I have NO CLUE what this is... it's only one firework too o.o, because I only set them off one at a time until it was dark

picture0443xp.jpg

Since I failed to link the images back...

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Nope, but those little fircrackers pack a bang...

I had this 20 oz pop bottle full of water,I stuck a lit firework down it and picked it up..

It shot straight backwards out of my hand o.o

The second time I used both hands and gripped it hard... it didn't fly out of my hand... but it felt like i just hit my hand with a hammer :shock:

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

wanna know whats fun to do with a bucket of water (if u can find the stuff)

put sum lithium or sodium in the water!

big BANG

here's a video i found on the net

http://www.powerlabs.org/movies/sodium10g.mpg

Isn't cesium or potassium better? There's another one, I forgot but it has a higher atomic number going down the same electron valence chart (I) (wait I think). Check it out on the periodic table.

[sig inserted here....in few days]

Isn't cesium or potassium better? There's another one, I forgot but it has a higher atomic number going down the same electron valence chart (I) (wait I think). Check it out on the periodic table.

potassium reacts in a flame and glows really brightly, water doesnt do that much to it in comparison to the othber group 1 metals. cesium reacts incredibly stongly with water, however its nothing compared to francium which is VERY dangerous. One drop of water and boom, your dead. It is the most unstable of the first 101 elements but not to worry though because at most there is only 20-30 g of the element present in the earth's crust at any one time

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

potassium reacts in a flame and glows really brightly, water doesnt do that much to it in comparison to the othber group 1 metals. cesium reacts incredibly stongly with water, however its nothing compared to francium which is VERY dangerous. One drop of water and boom, your dead. It is the most unstable of the first 101 elements but not to worry though because at most there is only 20-30 g of the element present in the earth's crust at any one time

So what if all 30g of that stuff just happened to be in one spot, say your backyard. Ant it rained. There a chance your dogs house could be flying through the air?

You'd probably die of radiation poisoning before you even got a chance to get it wet ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

At the third pic I thought it was a chilli pepper you were going to explode in the water. :lol: Looks like you've had a good time, and weather!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

try sodium in water :P

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

Caesium > Sodium ;)

pse.gif

Your reacting metals are down the left hand side, in Group 1. Na (Sodium...i think) is higher and thus less reactive in water than potassium, rablablaenium or whatever and caesium.

However, francium owns all.

Stop reading now if you get bored by my explanations of things.

Well, I wouldn't try it with Fluorine if I were you--which is, by the way, the most reactive of the first 101 elements, even moreso than Francium.

It has to do with the arrangement of the electrons in their... in fact, I wrote a bit of an explanation for this, but it wasn't that easy to understand. Instead go here and here.

What those "heres" don't explain is why they (the alkaline metals) become more and more reactive as you go down the column. Conversely, the halogens become less and less reactive as you go down the list; of them, fluorine is the most reactive. As I recall, it's all about how close the energy level in question is to the nucleus--and as fluorine has both the right number of electrons (opposite, but equal in effect to francium) AND a short distance between... dah di dah. It's like that, anyway.

Still, as a halogen, it's a gas at room temperature. If you were to let some out into the room you might want to wear a mask... and be outside of the room.

Even more off topic: ever heard the elements song? I don't know where to find it, but it's a guy singing every one of the elements on the periodic table in a tuneful, rhyming--mostly--song. It's hilarious.