Headphone fail?

Wongtong

Whenever I use headphones, one of the ears eventually stops working.

Why is this? Can I prevent it from happening? Can I fix it?

I have been through 4 headphones in the last two years, 2 in the past two months or so.

It's really annoying, and I was wondering if it was something that I was doing or is this what happens to every set of headphones?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

You may be playing your music so load that your blowing the speaker, or you just listen to music so much that they just wear out by themselves. Anytime I've had a headphone go out it was always one of them that goes first, never both.

tFtfA.jpg

You may be playing your music so load that your blowing the speaker, or you just listen to music so much that they just wear out by themselves. Anytime I've had a headphone go out it was always one of them that goes first, never both.

Actually, it only works if I move the headphone wire thing onto a certain angle, like slightly to the left.

If I move the headphones out of that position, it stops working.. if that makes sense :S

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Actually, it only works if I move the headphone wire thing onto a certain angle, like slightly to the left.

If I move the headphones out of that position, it stops working.. if that makes sense :S

Then you've been too rough with them and now they're broken.

Buy tougher headphones or be a little more careful, particularly when untangling them.

Buy tougher headphones or be a little more careful, particularly when untangling them.

agreed. if you wrap the leads around the speakers when your not using them dont wrap them so tight, do it as loose as you can. dont have the wire entering the headphone bent on a big angle when its wrapped up, leave a bit of slack so the wire curves around in a smooth even shape to get to the speaker.

take more care when untangling them.

dont pull on the wires or hang the headphones from the wires buy picking them up form the wrong end.

all that kind of basic information everyone knows by common sense.

A lot depends on the quality of the headphones.

I've been through a lot of headphones, the issue - they where cheap and poor quality.

Invest in a decent pair which have a decent warranty.

That way even if you manage to break them you can just send them back under warranty.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

This guy is correct, the wire is damaged. It was either a poor quality wire to begin with, or you've pulled it around too much.

You can get quality headphones cheaply nowadays. I would point you to these:

- Sennheiser HD201

- Sennheiser HD205

I own the HD205. Very good for the money, but they do need a good break-in like all cans. Just leave music on overnight or something.

This might be abit expensive but I used Logitech (or Altec Lance, or whatever good brand u can see) gaming headphone system, USB type, they are big but cover your ear quite comfortably and it feels like surround system.

Downside, bit expensive (but worth it if you play FPS games)

and it takes up one USB outleat (which can be solved if you buy another USB hub)

I had mine for 2 years, still work great.

a happy Runescaper

• 2 weeks later...

I've had that problem as well. I simply fixed that by twisting the wire around the speaker itself, so that it would fit in the right angle. If you can't do this, be creative with a piece of tape or something similar.

After some time, this might stop working, or if it didn't work at all, it is not so hard to fix them. If you consider them broken and see no other way, try to pick them apart to see what the problem is. It is most likely that some wires have been disconnected. They can be reattached by using a soldering iron. If you are not too experienced on these areas, I suggest you get some assistance.

Kthxbai!

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!