Giant Mole Guide Discussion

Recently, hunting the Giant Mole has been my favorite pastime, even just as a break from skilling, however I noticed that the tip.it guide is noticeably lacking in efficient ways of killing it. Firstly the ideal method for killing the Mole is to use full veracs assisted by a DDS and a spirit terrorbird. Strategy should entail directions as to using full special bar from the dds (stab mode due to its weakness to stab attacks) then switching to veracs flail (also on stab) to finish it off. The terrorbird is EXTREMELY helpful for several reasons, firstly because of their low price, and the ability to constantly fill your energy to track down the mole, and secondly because if the terrorbird is initiated in combat with the mole when it flees, the terrorbird immediately begins chasing after it and 9/10 times (or more) that direction leads straight to the mole, eliminating frantic searching and making soloing the Mole much much easier. If you need photos or other media of suggested equipment etc. Id be happy to post them. Thanks and happy moleing!

Crew Edit: Topics merged, guide renovation is under way!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I've just been looking over the guide and there are a few things which could do with being changed.

Protect Melee Method

Helm -> Helm of Neitiznot (same strength bonus with a prayer boost

Legs -> Monk robes (same prayer bonus, but weights a lot less)

Boots -> Dragon boots (3+ strength bonus) or climbing boots (low weight and 2+ strength bonus).

Dragon Halberd Method

Helm -> See above

Boots -> See above

Dharok Method

Boots ->See above

General

Terror birds or bull ants should be recommended for all set ups, seriously saves a lot of time.

Tinderbox is not need when have a covered light source.

No mention of the fally level 3 reward when trading birds nests.

Explorer ring (3) helps with a trip or two and saves money.

There isn't a ranging method or a method with the god swords.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

WRONG FORUM

post under suggestions

Great Ideas

Ok some of it is, but the images are all pre-summoning (ie no summoning stats shown on the defence section).

Which is why there aren't dragon boots, Helm of Neitiznot and summoning gear in any of the images.

And also why there achievement diaries are mentioned.

I think the funniest thing is Tip.It did a letter/article on the joys of ranging the Giant Mole and there isn't any information about it on there site.

[Crew edit: yeah, you should have seen *our* faces when someone posted an article like that instead of suggesting changes to the guide. :( The problem with being on Crew is that we don't get much time to play the game and run across stuff that's out of date, which is why we need submitters like y'all.]

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 months later...

Ok, I've ranged the mole quite a bit, favourite way for me.

I take:

Helm: Guthix Coif

Ammo: Ruby Bolts (e) & Diamond Bolts (e)

Cape: Ava's Accumulator

Neck: Glory Amulet

Torso: Guthix Body

Gloves: Guthix Bracers

Legs: Guthix Chaps

Weapon: Rune Crossbow

Shield: Didn't used to take one, now I take Spirit Shield

Ring: Ring of Wealth

Boots: Boots of Lightness

Preferred choice of summon: Spirit Terrorbird - with scrolls

In my inventory I take some food in case of an accident and the mole manages to get me. And I utilize my 70 prayer.

Leeds

TSAJoinButton.gif

• 1 month later...

This guide is going to be getting a good update per all of these great suggestions, as it is definitely outdated.

The two topics have been merged, please discuss anything further here :)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've been toying with a few setups.

Veracs is a nice option as the set effect does seem to help.

I recently brought a BGS and tested the god sword method and it worked a treat. A 51 spec made the kill very easy.

Recommended for anyone over 61 range and normally melee's

Take about 20 emerald (e) bolts and a rune c'bow. Either safe spot or protect melee until you see the puff of smoke. The moment you see this attack with your melee weapon (if your using a BGS spec straight away).

Once it hits 50% of its health switch to your special weapon AGS, D Claws, D hally, G maul or DDS and spec. With a bit of luck it will now either be dead or on every low hp which means less running.

Remember as soon as you click the mole click call familiar, as the mole can run as after the first hit.

[hide=Cheap Setup (Whip)]molekcheap.png[/hide][hide=BGS Setup]molekbgs.png[/hide]

Those are my 2 setups. With both have a super attack and strength in the inventory as well as a prayer potion, scrolls, spade and rune c'bow. With the whip setup take along a special weapon like DDS, D hally or G maul.

On the BGS setup piety for the special and until you take damage (saves on prayer points and you'll have a decent defence to take a few hits) then add protect melee once you've take a bit of damage (10+ as you'll naturally heal a few points during the fight and respawn time). I'll start composing a decent guide with actual screenshots over the weekend.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 7 months later...

Hi, thanks to all of your input we have revamped this monster hunting guide with new equipment, inventories and updated strategies.

What was changed.

-Added new gear for the melee setup and inventories.

-Added a whole new range section of the guide.

-Got rid of outdated strategies and setups/inventories.

Thanks again for your input.

Keep on killing monsters icon_mrgreen.gif.

~metoo1000

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png