My strange problem...

Cacmypants

This is something I just CAN'T help and It really bugs me.

I start uncontrollably shaking just after I encounter someone and am walking around again for a new opponent, I mean.. really BAD shakeing like, "[bleep] my mouse just slipped half way across the screen" shakeing. It never happens in safe minigames, only in pvp worlds (or in the old days, the wilderness)

Half the time I'm shouting to myself: "HOLY CRAP, CALM DOWN YOU [bleep]ING DOUCHEBAG, THERE'S NO REASON TO SHAKE, YOUR [bleep]ING OWNING!", cause I'm not ACTUALLY scared, I just shake like crazy. I've tried SO hard to stop shaking, but It only stops when I log off.

I'm pretty sure It was caused by bad wilderness experiences I had years ago which I can't remember, some screwed and psychological. A [developmentally delayed]ed subconscious thing.

I'm guessing I'm a minority of one on this matter... -.-

make fun of me all you want, I don't really care.

haha, when i started doing bh it used to get my heart racing and i started shiver, dunno if i was cold or not then i started to win a lot and it went away so i decided to go p2p and got killed by lvl 112s now it doesnt effect me anymore, i'm sure the other people are more scared, especially when i wear my 99 str cape

]ac_s_dc.png

I can actually relate to that to be honest. Doesnt happen quite so bad to me anymore. What worked for me was avoiding P2p pking and just trying F2p pking for a while. Less ways for other people to pk you (ancients, enchanted bolts etc). Or you could just avoid it completely for a while

Cerberus700.png

F2P for now

Private is on, gimme a HYT!

I encounter something similar. For some reason it only happens in BH though, not in when i'm in pvp.

My mouse hand starts getting really, really cold. It functions like it does normally but sometimes it gets so cold it draws my attention away from the game and i start making mistakes.

lol wow i thought i was the only person. your mind is just really into the game. Ive had it happen to like playstation games and stuff too. like on guitar hero id be playing a song ive been working on and finally to the last part and be shaking real badly cause the end is just so close and ur about to beat it (same thing for runescape except ur killing) When it starts back up just finish the kill and take alittle break. always helps for me

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png

Its the thrill of the kill. It happens to me, not quite that intensely. It happens to some extent whenever you do something risky, be it pking, gambling, skydiving, ect. You're risking something ( rs items, your money, your life to some extent) to get something better (more rs items, more money, umm skydiving exps?). People might say its just a game, but you spent time earning that stuff your risking, its actually worth something to you (or you spent who knows how many hours playing the first half of Jordan, and this time you didn't get owned by the solo of death). Lots of people actually pk only for this rush. The bigger the risk, the bigger the rush. It gets better the more you do it, but if its really causing you that much trouble, maybe have lower budget equipment so its not as risky.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Used to happen to me too, in the old Wilderness. Not so much anymore, as I don't PK :)

It's only natural really, your mind thinks you're going to fight, and creates adrenaline... Putting you on the edge :D