Dual Monitor + WoW + Question

Roberthree

Alright, I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card to something with enough power to run WoW easily and have dual monitors. So It need enough power to run WoW AND several other tabs possibly including movies. I'm currently running Windows XP and I have a Dell Dimension E521. What do you recommend?

EDIT: budget is $150 at the most, less would be preferred. monitor is VGA

EDIT2: Do the monitors have to be identical? The monitor I have now isn't stocked by dell anymore. If I buy a new model with the same resolution will it work?

budget is $150 max. not sure about the monitors. where would I find that information?

Just look on the back of your monitor for the ports it should name them fore you. With DVI you can also use HDML with a converter.

I'm looking all over the Monitor and PC but theres no specification on anything. I think it might be VGA because theres a little box with two lines on my tower like there is in this wikipedia picture:

300px-VGA_port.jpg

But I'm not sure.

I'm looking all over the Monitor and PC but theres no specification on anything. I think it might be VGA because theres a little box with two lines on my tower like there is in this wikipedia picture:

300px-VGA_port.jpg

But I'm not sure.

That is vga.

Alright. How much power would I need to run WoW and a few other windows comfortably?

Not much power for 07/08 computers.

Anyways here's the guys comp:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/pr ... l=en&s=dfh

Accrding to WoW's reqs & the CPU in that machine:

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=2& ... odelmenu=1

I found that for $70.

And for $30 more you get this from nVidia:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.ph ... 99.243.390

Gf price/performance Nvidia. Though someone should confirm I'm not missing something totally obvious with these. >.>

Though the one thing I couldn't find is the power needed for either card. So I don't know if the PSU will be able to handle dual monitor/graphics card(s).

That's about as far as I'm gonna go with this. Sorry if I've screwed up somewhere.

One thing that concern me is that 512mb is the minimum requirement for WoW. Wouldn't running WoW and other stuff not work? Unless computer programs aren't cumulative. I'm a total newb to actual computery stuff, I just surf the web.

Otherwise I like that one very much.

Thats graphics RAM, not normal RAM. WoW is nowhere near powerful enough to use 512mb of it. 32-64mb at most

I see where your coming from but keep in mind he will have to run it in window mode to do stuff on the other monitor.

Thats graphics RAM, not normal RAM. WoW is nowhere near powerful enough to use 512mb of it. 32-64mb at most

I see where your coming from but keep in mind he will have to run it in window mode to do stuff on the other monitor.

512 video ram is still more than enough. [cabbage], I can run 2 or 3 copies of WoW at once with a 9600GT 512MB.