Which is faster at 99, a harpoon or your hands?

FrostyGrunt

Is this simply a matter of opinion, or has it been statistically proven that one of either methods of fishing, harpoon or barbarian, is faster than the other? I achieved 99 fishing about a month ago now, and when I went back to fishing sharks with a harpoon I decided to try a load of fishing barbarian just to compare the the speeds and for the longest time I'd been an avid believer that harpoon fishing was faster, but at 99 fishing the speeds seem exactly the same to me.

My theory is they both have the same speed caps at 99, but barbarian seems slower at just the required level because of the 20 additional levels needed to fish shark with that method, which made it seem much slower to me in the beginning. Just today I asked someone also with 99 fishing what they thought of the speed difference between barbarian and harpoon fishing at 99 because I was using barbarian while he a harpoon, and he still thought harpooning was much faster. Is this true?

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

Shouldn't this be in Questionnaires or Help&Advice?

Barbarian Fishing is better for the locations you can use it anyway. Who denies extra experience?

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

The catchrate is identical. It's just the animation that's different. Barehanding is better because of the fewer randoms and strength xp, that's all.

I have heard this aswell.

Too bad no whirlpools. Would love to part with my hands for a while.Then I can attach that pirate hook I got from Brimhaven.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

The catchrate is identical. It's just the animation that's different. Barehanding is better because of the fewer randoms and strength xp, that's all.

I have heard this aswell.

Too bad no whirlpools. Would love to part with my hands for a while.Then I can attach that pirate hook I got from Brimhaven.

Arr, ye don't need a whirlpool fer that, matey; the sharks'll glady do it fer ye. That's 'ow I lost me right. (Me left I lost in a tragic fletching accident.)