Cannonballs / Hour

Fekambard

Ok, simple question really.

How many cannonballs an hour can I do and what is the closest furnace to bank area? I cannot use edge furnace as I havent done diary.

I do have 260qp.

I want to get from 58 -> 70smithing. This means I need to turn 20k steel bars into cannonballs.

Any ideas on how many steel bars I can smelt into cannonballs in an hour?

And whats the best spot for me to do it in?

2eprbpj.png

I don't know how many bars per hour (even though I have done 20k bars before, never kept track)

I do know that Nietz is better than Port P. They are kinda the same distance away but you don't waste time with the door.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Nezitnot is VERY slightly faster, but is kind of a pain with the smaller smith. 104 cannonballs\26 bars takes 3:49 (http://n0valyfe.freehostia.com/timing_guide.txt), or 8.8 seconds per bar, for a total of 409 bars per hour. Banking time included. Smith something else, seriously...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I heard it was something close to 12k exp/hour. :ohnoes:

25.5 X .409 = 10,429.5 XP\hour. EW.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Wicked, Just wicked. :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :-# :thumbsup: Its true :^o

Wicked? :?

As a comparison, I smith addy arrowtips with SC tools @ a loss of 136k per hour, which takes 13.6 minutes to earn at avansies, and nets 125k XP\hour. Therefore, in comparison to cannonballs, I can get the same profit with roughly 8 times the XP\hour. There is no reason whatsoever to EVER do cannonballs.

DeviledEgg24.png

Wicked, Just wicked. :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :-# :thumbsup: Its true :^o

Wicked? :?

As a comparison, I smith addy arrowtips with SC tools @ a loss of 136k per hour, which takes 13.6 minutes to earn at avansies, and nets 125k XP\hour. Therefore, in comparison to cannonballs, I can get the same profit with roughly 8 times the XP\hour. There is no reason whatsoever to EVER do cannonballs.

Hey now, we need someone to make them for us. Certainly don't wanna make my own :lol:.

chaosoffar.png

It's 12.5K xp/hr which is 500 steel bars which is 2k c balls.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

No it's not. It's a max of 409 bars an hour, as time by n0valyfe. Someone apparently did a rough timing of cannonballs, rounded it up to 500, and threw it out there as a 'fact'. It's always been parroted, but the reality is significantly worse then that.

DeviledEgg24.png

No it's not. It's a max of 409 bars an hour, as time by n0valyfe. Someone apparently did a rough timing of cannonballs, rounded it up to 500, and threw it out there as a 'fact'. It's always been parroted, but the reality is significantly worse then that.

lol @ you saying the Master Smither with 99 smithing is incorrect and that some dude who hasn't play in like 2 years is more correct

oversized.jpg[/bads]

lol @ you saying the Master Smither with 99 smithing is incorrect and that some dude who hasn't play in like 2 years is more correct

Yup. I'm saying that 'some dude', a dude with 99 smithing, a dude known to be THE most efficient player in runescape, a dude that got every single level to 99 in under 2 years, a dude that spent days trying to obtain perfect timings, a dude that measured the time to fractions of a second is more exact then master_smither's generalization. I'm glad to see I provided a little humor.

DeviledEgg24.png

Yup. I'm saying that 'some dude', a dude with 99 smithing, a dude known to be THE most efficient player in runescape, a dude that got every single level to 99 in under 2 years, a dude that spent days trying to obtain perfect timings, a dude that measured the time to fractions of a second is more exact then master_smither's generalization. I'm glad to see I provided a little humor.

Just went and looked at the link...

A dude that has over half of his timings completely wrong (slower than necessary) :lol:

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Just went and looked at the link...

A dude that has over half of his timings completely wrong (slower than necessary) :lol:

Feel free to begin naming them. Until then, I have to assume you didn't read his page thoroughly. #1, he includes banking\running\teleing\EVERYTHING time. #2, some of the methods have been updated in the past 2 years. Cannonballs isn't one of them.

If your accepting master smither's value as exact, I'm curious as to how he got EXACTLY 500 cannonballs per hour. He must be very regular in his banking, because that's an awfully round number for a calculation precises to 4 significant digits. Exactly 500.0 cannonballs per hour, averaged over a long period of testing, is rather astounding.

DeviledEgg24.png

i believe u can make 600+ cannon balls an hour using edgeville

if you did the quest ghost ahoy u can use bank there which is next to furnace to

cannonbaallls is one of the slowest ways if u dont care about money cost 2mil for 70 fast doin

gold bars with smithing guants thats what i did :thumbsup:

Mast3r_pk01.png

i believe u can make 600+ cannon balls an hour using edgeville

if you did the quest ghost ahoy u can use bank there which is next to furnace to

cannonbaallls is one of the slowest ways if u dont care about money cost 2mil for 70 fast doin

gold bars with smithing guants thats what i did :thumbsup:

You can't. Edgville is very slightly faster if your paying CLOSE attention, significantly slower if your not like most of the RS population. It's a max of 409 at Ghost Ahoy, and around 420-430 at edge. 600+ cannonballs = 150 bars, your numbers are off by a factor of 3.

ooo ya its around 12-16kxp an hour very slow

but makes u some money

Try 10.4k XP\hour. About 1/8th the speed you can get for free with other smithing methods. So yes, it makes money if you make a maximum of 12k GP per hour. Otherwise, your losing massive amounts of time and money using cannonballs.

DeviledEgg24.png

Feel free to begin naming them. Until then, I have to assume you didn't read his page thoroughly. #1, he includes banking\running\teleing\EVERYTHING time. #2, some of the methods have been updated in the past 2 years. Cannonballs isn't one of them.

If your accepting master smither's value as exact, I'm curious as to how he got EXACTLY 500 cannonballs per hour. He must be very regular in his banking, because that's an awfully round number for a calculation precises to 4 significant digits. Exactly 500.0 cannonballs per hour, averaged over a long period of testing, is rather astounding.

Sure:

The entire FIREMAKING/WOODCUTTING cutting is incorrect. The amount of logs depends on woodcutting level and luck, and so does the average time per inventory. I average closer to 2 minutes to get an inventory of willows.

Using the reverse-firmaking method, you can burn over 1.5k logs in 1 hour. He claims that you can only get 1.1k, which isn't even maximum or average the regular burning methods. (reverse has been around forever, btw)

FLETCHING

You can cut and bank 14 bows in under 20 seconds

AGILITY

I have completed the wilderness agility course in under 52 seconds many, many times

FISHING/COOKING

All of those times for fishing are once again based on level and therefore wrong unless you were the same level as him. I can fish an inventory of lobsters around 5 minutes, average.

RUNECRAFTING

Charging glories is definitely faster than 1:52. Not to mention, he doesn't charge 11 like he should

CRAFTING

You can tan about 2000 hides in an hour, not 1620

MINING/SMITHING

Powermining granite and smithing he suggests is only around 50k xp/hr, while it is over 70k/hr with full effort

HERBLORE

Same as fletching

MISC TIMES

He has the gem rock respawn time set as 1:52, but this depends 100% on world population

Those are just the ones that I know actual times for, I'm sure there are a ton more incorrect.

It is very possible to make 500+ cannonballs in 1 hour.

And dude, :lol:

Just because 409 is not as exact as 500 doesn't mean that it is a more reliable number.

Master Smither was rounding down, he actually averaged 501.36222 (repeating) cannonballs per hour. Does that make it 100% more believable? :lol:

oversized.jpg[/bads]

@ Firemaking: Reverse hasn't been widely known for a long time

@ Woodcutting: That's for Draynor Village, with a rune axe. Obviously improvements like CW banking and dragon axes have resulted in faster times

@ Agility: I average closer to 54 seconds, or 63.5k XP\hour at wilderness. That's very high. 65k is generally considered the max for steady training.

@ Fishing: Yes, it's level dependent

@ Runecrafting: Without games necklace it is

@ Crafting: Not sure, he could be wrong on that. I haven't tested in a long time.

@ Mining: No, he's right. I averaged just under 47k XP\hour powertraining.

@ Gems: Yes, it does depend on population.

@ Fletching\Herblore: If your talking about cutting bows, your wrong, I've timed them and his are correct. If your talking about stringing bows, that was recently updated.

And dude, :lol:

Just because 409 is not as exact as 500 doesn't mean that it is a more reliable number.

Master Smither was rounding down, he actually averaged 501.36222 (repeating) cannonballs per hour. Does that make it 100% more believable? :lol:

Yes, if he gave us actual times per run and showed us his calculations, that would make it more believable. Saying a nice round number like '500 cannonballs' or '1000 alchs' (example) generally means that he saw it somewhere else, and that it is a generalization, not a number he carefully calculated himself, as the chances of it rounding out to exactly 500 while banking are virtually nil.

DeviledEgg24.png