Skill Sig

They may be delayed by 12 hours today as we ran into a DNS issue on the server hosting them. What this means is that it couldn't contact the high scores when it tried to update and fell back onto the data we already held about you in our database, so if your sig was due to update earlier today you may need to wait until tonight for it to go through.

They update every 12 hours? Heck, I thought it was every time you log out.

But how would it know when you log out? As far as I know, it's not allowed to constantly check the Highscores to see when your stats updated, thats why we have it set for every 12 hours. I'll stop there, let Peter go into more detail.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Maybe because you were only logging out every 12 hours so it seemed like it :lol: (kidding)

But yeah as Kaphias said, we're not allowed to create dynamic sigs that update automatically. If I remember correctly, 12 hours was the most often we were allowed to have them update.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think that's for the actual RuneScape hi-scores. The server the signatures use is timed to check once every 12 hours since the sig was created.

spacescenev24.jpg

I think that's for the actual RuneScape hi-scores. The server the signatures use is timed to check once every 12 hours since the sig was created.
Is there any chance that Pure_MageUK could be talked into creating a page for forcing a manual update? (Which, BTW, is well within RS rules, last I knew.)

~D. V. "Oh, how I'd like to update it sooner..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Is there any chance that Pure_MageUK could be talked into creating a page for forcing a manual update? (Which, BTW, is well within RS rules, last I knew.)

Or you could wait 12 hours? It's just a stat signature, I really don't think many people will be studying each others sigs for updates every 10 minutes

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Or you could wait 12 hours? It's just a stat signature, I really don't think many people will be studying each others sigs for updates every 10 minutes

Agreed. 12 hours isn't that much of a wait, and I'd must rather see Peter spend his efforts elsewhere :(

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog