You think you've seen cool keyboards?

u think thats cool? last night i read an article in pcgamer mag about this 150$ keyboard, u have like 25 keys (and options to obtain more) that you can rearange to your liking. its awsome.

Any pics or a link? I find it hard to imagine a keyboard with only 25 keys :-/

its a gamepad, but since they r keys on a board they call it a keyboard (my bad for not posting that orginally)

snippet from article

"the ergodex dx1 input system is a "keyboard" for gamers who know exactly where they want their buttons..."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article about that keyboard a few days ago, and it does indeed look neat. Probably costs a fortune though, if it will ever be released.

It's going to be around 2-300 USD last I heard

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

u think thats cool? last night i read an article in pcgamer mag about this 150$ keyboard, u have like 25 keys (and options to obtain more) that you can rearange to your liking. its awsome.

Any pics or a link? I find it hard to imagine a keyboard with only 25 keys :-/

its a gamepad, but since they r keys on a board they call it a keyboard (my bad for not posting that orginally)

snippet from article

"the ergodex dx1 input system is a "keyboard" for gamers who know exactly where they want their buttons..."

Aye matt, it's a gamepad. Basically it's this special board, and 25 blank keys that you can place anywhere on the board and assign pretty much any function you want. You can also get more keys I beleive.

IRKAa.jpg

To you and me the keyboard is just cool, but for people who work with a f...ton of different encodings, crypts of language sets (translators, researchers, cryptologists, some programmers) and who can't memorize 2 zillion key sets this thing would really be invaluable.

Although you'd need the other-end software makers to make a visual keyboard layout for their software/language pack/etc, since even if the user of the keyboard can do it, it would take too long to design each character set.

I guess the keyboard could import symbols from unicode or other designed character sets (at the very worst the user will just have to design their placement on the keyboard)

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I think it should have music hotkeys built into it tho like my current one. So i can turn the volume up and down, play and stop, and skips to next or prev tracks.

Nah - i'd just re-program the numeric keypad keys for stuff like that, as I never use those ;)

One-time #13 smither.

All-time #1 noob.

crap...i want one!!! And 200-300 dollars? not bad. I bet my dad would get one lol he's always buying stuff to upgrade his computers and stuff...

Sup noobs.

crap...i want one!!! And 200-300 dollars? not bad. I bet my dad would get one lol he's always buying stuff to upgrade his computers and stuff...

Your dad's a geek and you use IE???? :?: :?:

smithie3.jpg

Imagine.. Flexible+This awsome key board! Impossible, but awsome! :-X

Why would one want a flexible keyboard anyways? Is it THAT hard to control your emotions and not bang on it? :-/

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Imagine.. Flexible+This awsome key board! Impossible, but awsome! :-X

Why would one want a flexible keyboard anyways? Is it THAT hard to control your emotions and not bang on it? :-/

I HAVE to have a keyboard with response... flexible keyboards just give way too easily =x

smithie3.jpg

Your dad's a geek and you use IE???? :?: :?:

No my dad's not a geek he's just wants to make his work easier on the computer, and he doesn't spend alot of time on it either...

And yes i use IE, any problems? If so, take a ticket.

Sup noobs.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this but this keyboard should be available in under a month :D

Sweet, link?

The link from the first post, they updated the page :P

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

• 4 weeks later...