You think you've seen cool keyboards?

You ain't seen nothin'

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

I was thinking of all the fantastic ways it could be used.. An interesting feature would be if you could sent it a picture, and it would cut-it up right and display it on the keyboard..

The problems would of course be price, durability, and power consumption, but you can't say that it wouldn't be amazing.

IRKAa.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt production will happen anytime soon, if ever. I think it's rather like a concept car - they just made it to prove that it could be done, and to show a cool idea..

I was thinking it'd be cool if you could do music player visualizations across it.. would be insanely draining on the system though, you'd need another computer just to control your keyboard :P

IRKAa.jpg

I doubt production will happen anytime soon, if ever. I think it's rather like a concept car - they just made it to prove that it could be done, and to show a cool idea..

I was thinking it'd be cool if you could do music player visualizations across it.. would be insanely draining on the system though, you'd need another computer just to control your keyboard :P

yeah lol. i'd just love it because i could have setups for each game. the key setup for photoshop would be kick wagon too. would make life a lot easier :)

and it looks sweet, always a plus. I would think it wouldn't be "that" demanding, probaly would be just another aplication in the background, not sure how it would work out.

I read an article about that keyboard a few days ago, and it does indeed look neat. Probably costs a fortune though, if it will ever be released.

If its less than ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 I want one :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Screw the fancy keyboard, I'd want one of them flexible keyboards. I sometimes lose my temper at games (usually when I get killed) so I'd rather not slam my fists down on a ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã90+ keyboard. :P

Flexible keyboard wouldn't hurt me as much and probably wouldn't break it either. :D

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I saw this the other day too.

Yeah it looks good, but it's just another thing to worry about when something in it breaks.

You'd also have to keep it amazingly clean so it would look good all the time.

I will stick to my keyboards that can be bought for about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10 thanks. They do the job :P

sig2ho7.jpg

^ Lol Korla.

I think the keyboard is fairly unattractive honestly, aside from the 1337 keys of course. So I'm assuming the side keys are programmable, just visual hotkeys right? Thats awesome.

Other than the amazing keys, the keyboard itself looks kinda ugly. I dunno how they'll manage to make it look nice and sleek, like my keyboard for example (heh) the Lexmark LX300 desktop :wink:

Costs less than a mobile phone? But...what does a mobile phone cost? Some cost $0 after rebate and whatnot, so they cost anywhere from like 0 - 300, for the average phone. So the keyboard is less than 300, prob more than 150? Eww. I wouldn't buy one for that price!

signaturecj5.jpg

Costs less than a mobile phone? But...what does a mobile phone cost? Some cost $0 after rebate and whatnot, so they cost anywhere from like 0 - 300, for the average phone. So the keyboard is less than 300, prob more than 150? Eww. I wouldn't buy one for that price!

$150CAD is approx ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã70GBP which i dont think is bad for a keyboard with all those features. I happen to think it looks pretty cool too. A gaming keyboard i found on ebuyer was ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã35 so thats not too much more for the sweetest looking keyboard ever made :D

I think it should have music hotkeys built into it tho like my current one. So i can turn the volume up and down, play and stop, and skips to next or prev tracks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

u think thats cool? last night i read an article in pcgamer mag about this 150$ keyboard, u have like 25 keys (and options to obtain more) that you can rearange to your liking. its awsome.

Any pics or a link? I find it hard to imagine a keyboard with only 25 keys :-/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

that keyboard ownz

so were is this keyboard being held exactly 8)

damb concept keyboard i need it now :(

rofl soz thats all i saw at first:

russian4aa.th.jpg

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D