Good Covers

Zibl

Definitely agree with All Along The Watchtower. If I'm not mistaken Dylan himself thought is was excellent.

afaik he even started doing it "the jimi way" when he performed it live.

Really? I read that he hated every cover made for one of his songs. Hendrix must have been an exception, but i'm still no so sure Dylan liked the cover #-o

ANyways, my favourite cover is "When the levee breaks" by Led Zeppelin

hiccup.png

Apparantly he did: http://www.interferenza.net/bcs/interw/florida.htm

Q: How did you feel when you first heard Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower"?

A: It overwhelmed me, really. He had such talent, he could find things inside a song and vigorously develop them. He found things that other people wouldn't think of finding in there. He probably improved upon it by the spaces he was using. I took license with the song from his version, actually, and continue to do it to this day.

Tesla had a good version of Led Zeppelin's Thank You. Heart covers them (Zeppelin) often as well, the two I've heard most are Black Dog and Rock and Roll

Van Halen did as well. Communication Breakdown was relatively good.

That Beatles-style Stairway was amazing. Sounded like a real Beatles song.

I also did not know that When the Levee Breaks was a cover. Thought it was original. Great song.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Oh,

The Scorpions covered The Who's I can't Explain

Metallica's version of Turn the Page

Dream Theater covering Pink Floyd's Time (Youtube it if you want, they did Master of Puppets, Dark Side of the Moon, and Number of the Beast)

I saw DT cover Dark Side of the Moon on Youtube and I thought they were very accurate with the original Pink Floyd version. If I ever see it available on FYI, you pretty much know what I'm going to do. Anyway, I'm not sure how people here feel about Godsmack, but their cover of Good Times Bad Times is pretty solid.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Quite an acceptable rendition, I say. Most Zeppelin covers are pretty awful, but the ones posted on here have been pretty good.

PS: BUTT-SLAMMED on 97.1 Weenie and the Butt! On the radio weekends in the morning 97.1FM with Weenie-Weenie-Weenie and the B-B-B-Butt! Cool weekends in the morning!

They no funny!

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I saw DT cover Dark Side of the Moon on Youtube and I thought they were very accurate with the original Pink Floyd version. If I ever see it available on FYI, you pretty much know what I'm going to do.

Good luck with that; Their live bootlegs are only sold at concerts.