Halo Sucks

Princess Viola

Halo sucks.

Yes, Halo sucks. It is one of the WORST games I've ever played, and your talking about a guy who played Big Rigs. I don't understand why people think it revolutionized the FPS genre. If you ask me, it was the classic FPS like Doom or Wolfenstien 3D that revolutionized. I mean, Halo has a crap story mode, the multiplayer is full of immature 9 year olds who shouldn't even own the game. Halo is the worst $120 I ever spent! Microsoft and Bungie, I want my $120 back.

Seriously, while the graphics are decent, everything else sucks. OK. Sucks. For all the Halo fans out there, play a real FPS like Doom, Wolfenstien 3D, or Half-Life.

Oh no.

Its a great game in-house multiplayer, and its susposed to be more fantasy based than real FPS

Btw Half life revolutionised FPS'ers the most.

Also if you're ranting cause its not hardcore

Its not susposed to be :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Man, talk about flame bait.

Halo is a perfect example of a perfect mediocre game. I would compare it to Goldeneye almost (even though I did think goldeneye did "revolutionize" a good bit of console FPS's) just because its an average game with average multiplayer on a console and in an age where there just aren't that many choices.

Also there is a difference between innovation and invention. Doom and Wolfenstein 3D (technicly) invented FPS's. The most innovative FPS by far has been Half Life.

And I do like how the 13 year olds try and downplay it to a bunch of annoying 9 year olds, when it is actually a bunch of annoying 13-16 year olds.

Either way it's just Ugozima being his normal self. No, really, it's cool to like Doom and Wolf 3D in an age where we have better choices out there. Ultimate Doom and Doom II are still wonderful games but times have moved on and most of their mechanics are archaic in nature. Half Life I do think has aged wonderfully for a 10 year old game though.

Wow, you really paid $120 for your Halo 3? No wonder you're pissed.

Okay, so tell me the first console FPS online mutliplayer you heard about. For me it's Halo 2. First game that lets you do one hell of a lot of things (almost all online) - such as watch a film of that game you just played, mess around with the items on maps, use emergent gameplay to do more than just shoot eachother, play through campaign together, find the dozens of hidden Easter eggs in the game, and even shoot eachother - that I can think of is Halo 3. However, that is not to say that Halo 3 or Halo 2 are innovative. No, someone at Bungie just thought "Hey, I can do all this on my PC with a mouse and keyboard, but there's an untapped market for online console FPS, why not tap that by migrating the systems in place in a computer over to *gasp* this other, different-looking computer?".

So to add to what Nadril just said, the Halo series was inventive in that it used the ideas of someone else in a different, but still similar way, whereas Half-Life was innovative by... (Okay, I must admit that I have never played Half-Life outside of a few minute-long attempts, I'm not big on single-player)

Halo 3 can be enjoyable if it's right for you, it fills a certain niche, that roudy to slightly annoying to wishing-someone-invented-a-device-that-lets-you-punch-someone-else-through-the-internet annoying teenager kind of niche, but it still fills it, and that sells the product.

In the defense of shifting the blame to 9-year olds, they have really high-pitched voices.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

^ At least their voices are consistent, unlike a 13 year old. :lol:

Halo certainly was not the first online FPS for console, it was done already on the Dreamcast (which was short lived sadly.). However, it was one of the only decent launch titles on the xbox and, thus, got a lot of coverage.

The game is this generations Goldeneye 64, like I said before. If you went back and played goldeneye you'd realize it was not THAT good of a game, it was just a fun time. Likewise people enjoy Halo but by all means is it not a great game, it's merely an ok game. It is polished, but beyond that it's just not really special.

As far as half life went on innovation, I could go on. But let's just say that you can easily draw a line between "pre half-life" and "Post Half-life" games. If you did the same thing with halo (look at games before it, and then after it in the genre) you would not get the same results. Halo hasn't really shaken up the industry at all, except for making console gaming more appealing and popular.

Save the last few posts, I don't think this thread has had much constructive input, which isn't surprising reading the first post. Please make your rants a little more constructive in future.

Locked.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"