Urgent help with video files needed!

Legolover64

I watch a lot of videos on my computer.

Just recently, I was watching an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation ("All Good Things..." if you're wondering) and at certain points in the video, it stops. Sound plays, but the video/picture freezes. I have had this problem before, and it's irritating because it's every 10 minutes. I use BS Player typically for video, but when this happens, I use WMP. They both do the same thing.

HELP!

Whats the file format? Possibility its a corrupted download or badly encoded file.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If the video halts at about the same times, you might want to monitor your computer's activity a bit.

* Does the hard disk make more noise? If so, your video file is fragmented. Use the Windows defragmenter on that hard disk. (My computer > [right-click on C:] > tools > Defragment now)

* Open your Task Manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows XP) and see if the CPU goes to 100%. If so, either purchase a better processor, if possible, OR try to download a set of codecs that has better performance.

* While in the Task Manager, you might want to see, in the Processes tab, if some programs take up your CPU time once every 10 minutes. If so, close them, or lower their priority. (right-click on the process name, priority > lower)

Hope this helps :) (I assume Windows XP here, but if you have another version of Windows, disregard the part about the Task Manager)

vaporeon-sig.png

It's an AVI and it's not corrupted. Also, sometimes certain files will close at a certain point, the exact point they freeze at.

How do you know it's not corrupted. There's such a thing as a frozen frame. Mercifull is on the right track. You need to tell us what format the movie is in (AVI means nothing, it's just a file container) and what codec you use to view the movie.