How can "hackers" be so stupid ?

i_love_burritos

Maybe the scammer thought he was home free and decided to make you account his main. :lol:
That happened to me one time. >.< a year or so back lol. He actually got me items.

Haha, if I ever got hacked I wouldn't mind seeing a few p-hats in my bank :XD:

Haha yea =p. He got me like an obby shield. and some other stuff like that.

:twss:

patr1ckotg1.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule number 1 - Clans recommended by random people ingame either suck or are scams.

Rule number 2 - Getting hacked is extremely easy to avoid. No site can download viruses to your computer without your permission. And there are plenty of free antiviruses.

Off-Topic - I clicked the link on Runescape to see "How to make my password safe" and it said the max number of characters was 20. WTF? My pass is 40+ characters :lol: Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Rule number 1 - Clans recommended by random people ingame either suck or are scams.

Rule number 2 - Getting hacked is extremely easy to avoid. No site can download viruses to your computer without your permission. And there are plenty of free antiviruses.

Off-Topic - I clicked the link on Runescape to see "How to make my password safe" and it said the max number of characters was 20. WTF? My pass is 40+ characters :lol: Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid.

Does you password look like this? l3jf8enjfb4jvhwfnj3ikr3kih5rb :?:

patr1ckotg1.png

Does you password look like this? l3jf8enjfb4jvhwfnj3ikr3kih5rb :?:

Nah, I'm not that paranoid. But no more questions about my pass, or I'll have to kill you. :?

1ekn0o.jpg

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

Are you calling me stupid ! :lol:

If you downloaded a suspicious file, didn't run antivirus software, or entered your usename and password anywhere but runescape.com (the only 3 things that could have happened), you did something stuipd ;)

I have Symantec Antivirus Scan everyday, I almost never download anything off suspicious websites. It could have been that I had been using IE. Using Chrome currently.

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

If you downloaded a suspicious file, didn't run antivirus software, or entered your usename and password anywhere but runescape.com (the only 3 things that could have happened), you did something stuipd ;)

I have Symantec Antivirus Scan everyday, I almost never download anything off suspicious websites. It could have been that I had been using IE. Using Chrome currently.

Sorry, but Symantec is pretty bad as far as Antiviruses go. It won't catch much, and is very cpu/ram intensive and slow compare to other, better programs such as Avast, AVG, and Avira (Those are just the free ones. If you want to pay, get Nod32 or Kapersky)

1ekn0o.jpg

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

If IE is patched, there's no current vulnerabilities that'll steal your password, and certainly none targeted to Runescape passwords.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that he misspelled "stupid"?

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

:oops:

It's dyslexia, what can I say...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

What do you think of Chrome? I'm using Firefox. And IE could have vulnerabilities that are not yet known, any browser could.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

:oops:

It's dyslexia, what can I say...

Oops?

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Simply visiting a page won't give you a virus.

Yes, it can. Websites that are created to exploit vulnerabilities in your system when you visit them, such as not up to date software and sometimes new tricks they found regardless if the software is updated or not. Once they find the vulnaribility, they use it to download and install something on your computer. This goes all automatically when you visit the website. The vulnerability can be anything from an non-updated browser, to a new exploit found in quicktime that is used until it is patched. There's nothing you can do except update all your applications, but it may happen anyway as long as one uses windows. Windows itself has holes all over it, it is the most used system, and as such it's the one that gets all the viruses.

2480+ total

Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid.

What do you think of Chrome? I'm using Firefox. And IE could have vulnerabilities that are not yet known, any browser could.

Yes, it can. Websites that are created to exploit vulnerabilities in your system when you visit them, such as not up to date software and sometimes new tricks they found regardless if the software is updated or not. Once they find the vulnaribility, they use it to download and install something on your computer. This goes all automatically when you visit the website. The vulnerability can be anything from an non-updated browser, to a new exploit found in quicktime that is used until it is patched. There's nothing you can do except update all your applications, but it may happen anyway as long as one uses windows. Windows itself has holes all over it, it is the most used system, and as such it's the one that gets all the viruses.

Statistically speaking, the chances of having an UNDISCOVERED vulnerability SPECIFICALLY TARGETED towards RUNESCAPE passwords that STILL hasn't been found and publicized are basically 0. Microsoft is fast with patches, and good at releasing information :-#

DeviledEgg24.png

I wasn't talking about Runescape, I was responding to his general statement.

He's saying he just visited a website and his password was 'scammed', not 'hacked'. I was arguing that that was HIGHLY unlikely, and he probably downloaded a file he shouldn't have or entered his password on the wrong website.

DeviledEgg24.png

You were using the general idea of vulnerabilities in IE, referencing the passage where he was discussing it with me. I disagreed, and spoke up. He did not get keylogged from visiting a website.

DeviledEgg24.png

Please calm down guys.

Anway,

Chrome is basically as good as FireFox in my opinion, just a little more handy. Easier to save bookmarks, favourite pages.

I personally find IE crap, only reason I was using it is because my parents dont regularly check the cookies on it...

Please calm down guys.

Anway,

Chrome is basically as good as FireFox in my opinion, just a little more handy. Easier to save bookmarks, favourite pages.

I personally find IE crap, only reason I was using it is because my parents dont regularly check the cookies on it...

Adblock plus & firefox minefield = bye bye chrome. I couldn't live without my adblock...

DeviledEgg24.png

Please calm down guys.

Anway,

Adblock plus & firefox minefield = bye bye chrome. I couldn't live without my adblock...

Minefield is very fast, I give you that. IMHO Firefox is one of the best browsers. Chrome however just has some extra handy features.

EDIT: By the way comp, ever tried Dillo ? I like it because its nice and compatible with my RedHat

BTW what operating system do you have?

Please calm down guys.

Anway,

Minefield is very fast, I give you that. IMHO Firefox is one of the best browsers. Chrome however just has some extra handy features.

EDIT: By the way comp, ever tried Dillo ? I like it because its nice and compatible with my RedHat

I've got a vista 64 bit system, a ton of XP 32 bits, a couple of vista 32 bits, a 2000, a 98 (ew), a fedora, a ubuntu, and a knoppix. I run firefox on everything. The Gecko engine just blows everything away, after a few tweaks in about:config, and once you've tried adblock you'll never go back.

DeviledEgg24.png

[hide=Our discussion]

Please calm down guys.

Anway,

I've got a vista 64 bit system, a ton of XP 32 bits, a couple of vista 32 bits, a 2000, a 98 (ew), a fedora, a ubuntu, and a knoppix. I run firefox on everything. The Gecko engine just blows everything away, after a few tweaks in about:config, and once you've tried adblock you'll never go back.

[/hide]

Ubuntu

Also you might find this funny

Other than than, your Specs rock the socks off the [rooster] of my comp.

You should thank him in this post, instead of calling him stupid and in the same post revealing to all that you got scammed. Something which should be next to impossible to happen if you are blessed with eyes, and the ability to project from eye to brain what is happening on the screen.

You should thank him in this post, instead of calling him stupid and in the same post revealing to all that you got scammed. Something which should be next to impossible to happen if you are blessed with eyes, and the ability to project from eye to brain what is happening on the screen.

=D> You're a tool. Congratz on making a fool of yourself.

Everyone makes mistakes, I addmitted my mistake. Infact this is the first time this has happened. Why should I thank "him" he took advantage, Iam not responsible for his (or your) ignorance. Think before you post.

EDIT: Also read the whole thread before you post. To me it looks like you read the orignal post, ignored the 3 pages of comments and just clicked "Post Reply"

Please for the sake of maintaining your legitamacy as a member of this community and forum. Please think and read before you post.