My item dropping suggestion: "Discard"

spling

RSOF Quick Find Code: 77-78-416-58228561

Hey everyone!

I recently came out of my RuneScape "retirement" and while I was training my Slayer skill I thought up a suggestion I think some people may take a liking to. :)

Basically, I take issue with the picking up certain items that NPCs drop. For instance, while killing Moss Giants in the Varrock Sewers, I wanted to pick up their bones. However, I really don't want to pick up the various herb seeds and steel bars that they drop.

My suggestion is to have a "Discard" option alongside the typical "Drop" option. My idea is that this Discard option would drop the item and make it so that you couldn't pick the item up again unless you right click and specifically take the item.

As it is, if you "drop" an item, the item might still take priority over something else you want on the ground.

Case in point: I want the Big Bones that Moss Giants drop but not the herb seeds. I see the bones on the ground, but the seeds take priority and I pick them up first.

I propose that I could "Discard" the seed, which would make the seed "ignored" from my left clicking. This way, I can take the Big Bones by clicking on the ground, and not pick up the seed with my left-click. Thus, I don't have to go into my inventory and re-drop the seed.

I propose that this "Discard" would only last until you log out. When you log back in, you have to "Discard" the item again to have it ignored by left-click. This is so that people don't accidentally permanently ignore an item that they actually want to pick up, or that they want to pick up at a later time.

I also propose that any item you "Discard" can be manually picked up by right clicking on it and taking it. This way someone won't accidentally discard an item and no be able to pick it up.

For players that use one mouse button, the item could possibly be moved to the bottom of the click-action selection list when it is discarded.

If you like this idea, let Jagex know! Post your support! Let's get this suggestion implemented!

Thanks! :D

Check out

RuneScript and RuneTracker!

sig37.gif

is it THAT hard to right click and left click "pick up big bones"?????? :-s

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

RSOF Quick Find Code: 77-78-416-58228561

Hey everyone!

I recently came out of my RuneScape "retirement" and while I was training my Slayer skill I thought up a suggestion I think some people may take a liking to. :)

Basically, I take issue with the picking up certain items that NPCs drop. For instance, while killing Moss Giants in the Varrock Sewers, I wanted to pick up their bones. However, I really don't want to pick up the various herb seeds and steel bars that they drop.

My suggestion is to have a "Discard" option alongside the typical "Drop" option. My idea is that this Discard option would drop the item and make it so that you couldn't pick the item up again unless you right click and specifically take the item.

As it is, if you "drop" an item, the item might still take priority over something else you want on the ground.

Case in point: I want the Big Bones that Moss Giants drop but not the herb seeds. I see the bones on the ground, but the seeds take priority and I pick them up first.

I propose that I could "Discard" the seed, which would make the seed "ignored" from my left clicking. This way, I can take the Big Bones by clicking on the ground, and not pick up the seed with my left-click. Thus, I don't have to go into my inventory and re-drop the seed.

I propose that this "Discard" would only last until you log out. When you log back in, you have to "Discard" the item again to have it ignored by left-click. This is so that people don't accidentally permanently ignore an item that they actually want to pick up, or that they want to pick up at a later time.

I also propose that any item you "Discard" can be manually picked up by right clicking on it and taking it. This way someone won't accidentally discard an item and no be able to pick it up.

For players that use one mouse button, the item could possibly be moved to the bottom of the click-action selection list when it is discarded.

If you like this idea, let Jagex know! Post your support! Let's get this suggestion implemented!

Thanks! :D

doesnt that mean that u right click to discard?

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

And to all the people who say "just right click" Well thats double the clicks, now if you times that by like 10 hours at moss giants you can see what I'm getting at.

But with "discard" you would have to do a right-click and then left-click in order to get it out of your inventory. Along with picking the bones up, that would be 3 clicks. And that's with just ONE unwanted item. Also, you would have to click on the ground and then click in your inventory, which would take even longer...[/thread]

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

And to all the people who say "just right click" Well thats double the clicks, now if you times that by like 10 hours at moss giants you can see what I'm getting at.

But with "discard" you would have to do a right-click and then left-click in order to get it out of your inventory. Along with picking the bones up, that would be 3 clicks. And that's with just ONE unwanted item. Also, you would have to click on the ground and then click in your inventory, which would take even longer...[/thread]

except that you would be unable to left click to pick up that item and any other drops of it.

So, if you decide you don't want irit seeds, you discard the first drop. after that, every drop follows the same pattern.

[thread]

though, i'm pretty sure this isn't possible right now...

[/thread]

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

except that you would be unable to left click to pick up that item and any other drops of it.

So, if you decide you don't want irit seeds, you discard the first drop. after that, every drop follows the same pattern.

[thread]

though, i'm pretty sure this isn't possible right now...

[/thread]

so your saying if u "discard" irit seeds you only pick up big bones forever and ever? lol

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

support

i see a flaw in all of this, wouldnt you have to click the seeds, then right click the seed after you picked it up, then click discard? that is one more click the right clicking, now if you were to make a check list option that you can check off the items that you want to pick, and any others that are not checked you cant pick up unless you right click it, that way you dont always have to keep clicking the seed then clicking discard. it saves you time

Act as one for the whole, not as one for yourself.

Skill Outfits;

Sous Chef: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Artisan: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Blacksmith: 4/5

Bontanist: 3/5