New keyboard for my computer!

Reded

Hey all :D

After around three years I've finally decided to scrap my old not-so-faithful Laptop and replace it with a new Desktop that, for the first time in my household, should be able to open more than one application without setting on fire! An exciting prospect I'm sure you'll agree.

But one thing I've grown very fond of about my laptop is the keyboard. I REALLY Like the feel of the keys! And the little mouse touch-pad thing at the bottom, while it doesn't completely replace my mouse is quite useful...

So I'm just wondering, are there any keyboards out there that are as soft and nice to type on as my laptop one, that aren't attached to a laptop? My friend told me to find out about 'zero force' Keyboards, and that term does sound nice, but I've only found one that matches that description and it's... A bit out of my price range :thumbdown:

I guess I really don't know what I'm looking for. A keyboard that's completely flat and requires nothing more than a light tap from my fingers sounds great, but I'll settle for anything that's as soft as a laptop keyboard :) If anyone could give me any advice on keyboards that match either of those then I'll be very grateful!

Thanks for any replies :D

A FEW EDITS:

Just so you all know, I'm in the UK So sites that don't deliver there aren't too good!

I'm also not a fan of wireless, but if there's something SERIOUSLY Cool that only comes in Wireless I'll take a look :P

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Rusty_TiTin.png

Like I said I've had this Laptop for about 3 years and I don't have a Desktop, so really the Lappy is all I use :D

At School and College we used Desktops more but I didn't use them much... So yeah, I guess it's grown on me! I seem to type quite a bit faster on a Laptop than I do on a Desktop keyboard with it's super-high keys :P

And I've looked at Logitech, there seems to be quite a lot of choices. I'll see if there's any 'laptop-feel' ones :D

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Rusty_TiTin.png

Logitech is a great brand all around. I use the G5 mouse as well from them, and the last mouse I owned by them (MX518) lasted me for well near 7 years. :)

But like I said, the one I'm on is pretty tactile atm. You don't need to push too hard, and its a small(ish) keyboard.

edit: THIS is the keyboard I own. It's great.

Cool thanks for that :D I'll put it in my Maybe pile :)

I'm set for a mouse... Unlike my Laptop, my mouse has stood the test of three years' time and still moves/clicks perfectly :P

Rusty_TiTin.png

Logitech is a great brand all around. I use the G5 mouse as well from them, and the last mouse I owned by them (MX518) lasted me for well near 7 years. :)

But like I said, the one I'm on is pretty tactile atm. You don't need to push too hard, and its a small(ish) keyboard.

edit: THIS is the keyboard I own. It's great.

:lol: I have that same keyboard. And for the same price too :o

I don't know much about keyboard and mice so I can't really help you. I just have basic black mouse/keyboard made by logitech.

Avatar by Unoalexi :: Signature by Skull_Emblem

Illumination Graphics :: Click here to download the BeyondGFX resource pack!

beyondgfx.png

Jason321.png

I can't tell you the eact keyboard to get, but Logitech is the way to go. I have a LX3 Mouse and Elite LE Keyboard. Had for 4 years and still in top condition.

Here is a Link to a newegg keyboard that you might like. It looks like it might have the laptop feel, but I am not sure If you want to ditch the laptop feel and have an extra 90-100 bucks, try the G15. You can look around at different part companies. There is a sticky with some other places to take a look at.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I can't tell you the eact keyboard to get, but Logitech is the way to go. I have a LX3 Mouse and Elite LE Keyboard. Had for 4 years and still in top condition.

Here is a Link to a newegg keyboard that you might like. It looks like it might have the laptop feel, but I am not sure If you want to ditch the laptop feel and have an extra 90-100 bucks, try the G15. You can look around at different part companies. There is a sticky with some other places to take a look at.

G15 is good but i would go with the G19 it has a color screen!

OP lives in England, so Newegg is useless. Atm I just use a cheap keyboard with no problems, but Logitech are good if you want something a bit better with more features.

I did some browsing, and perhaps this may be what you want? It's only £13 too :) Or if you don't mind spending more, then this.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I'd sooner eat my left testicle than pay £1000 for a keyboard.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I'd sooner eat my left testicle than pay £1000 for a keyboard.

Thanks, going into the sig =D

I dunno, i'm not willing to spend overly much on keyboards... Usually 20 is enough for a keyboard for me.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I'm back after a few days' absence :)

All great suggestions guys, thanks alot!

I have to say, I'm REALLY Not interested in Wireless ones, unless they charge up easier than having to hunt down batteries :)

And yeah, £1000 is a bit too much for a keyboard. Thanks for all replies though!

EDIT:

Doesn't the newegg website deliver to the UK? :| That's never good!

Rusty_TiTin.png

My new desktop came with a wireless "laptop" keyboard, it's really smooth, and the keys are flat like a laptop's. I do however, have a keyboard on the sadly outdated family computer in the living room with a G-15. (It's a waste, probably)

I ws in the sme sitution s you re now. I bought rzer lycos, but s you cn see the keys stop working sometimes, i've upte the rivers, oesn't help. So even though they re sexy, on't by rzer proucts, they're [bleep]. it's the keys before b + before e @ the moment. Relly nnoying lol. restrting sometimes fixes it, but it's relly temper@ment@l. the G5 looks very nice. I shll eit this when i works, sorry.

Haha EDIT:

Yeah, bought a razer lycosa for the nice feel of it, like a laptop, and yeah, i've had quiet a few problems with the keys randomly not working, it's a driver issue or something. Anywho, i'm not really happy with it, the backlight is not bright enough during the day, and forget direct sunlight. The touchpad media controls are a nice touch, as is the mic, headphone and usb ports. I bought it for $100AUS, but that might be out of your price range.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"