NEW Pixel Project from C14 :) (FINISHED?!)

Nash

well im all for corny song lyrics jokes so here we go:

"On the road again

Just can't wait to get on the road again" :P

EDIT: finished?

finishedwk5.png

im relookin at it and im hating the colors :(

old

projectwn0.png

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Looks really good so far. The helmet looks a little bit green, but that may just be me.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Compare an hour 30 of yours to one of mine and you won't think it's a little progress. I'd have maybe the head/helmet "done". Which coincidentally seem to look slightly pillow shaded, but it's still early so...

Anyways, nice start :D

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Use more dynamic poses and increase the contrast. Dark shadows and brighter highlights depending on the texture of the object.

Venomai recently posted a tutorial thing on light, which went into a little bit about dynamic stances. At the moment, your character is straight up and down. Like this...

c14helpfz6.png

The one to the left is straight up and down which is boring. If you askew the skeletal frame you're building from, you can make more dynamic poses, such as the right. These, I have found, are better to practise shadows and highlights as it really tests your knowledge.

Sorry it wasn't the greatest example, but I think it gets the message across.

I'd agree that it could use some more contrast, especially some darker tones. The whip seems to look a bit too 'ropey' too, if that makes any sense. :P

But other than that, it looks really good so far.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

Oh, I just meant it looked a bit too much like a piece of rope instead of multiple sausage-like segments like the in-game design.

Looks good, but the cast shadows from the pillars seem quite strange. They're curved slightly, shouldn't they be straight? Unless I'm just being stupid. Also, having the character (the main focal point) in the dead center of the canvas might not be the best idea, the basic rules for focal placement for abstract signatures also go for pixel signatures. Not a major issue in this case though.

The contrast is definitely better though, good job. :thumbup:

penguin.gif

Get Gimp, put it in there, and under colors you can do like hue saturation contrast ect of entire sig

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

^ Please don't do that. The whole point of pixel art is to pick your own colours and make a fairly complicated picture using simple tools, automatically adjusting the colours or whatever in Gimp just feels like cheating and would ruin the signature IMO.

I'd just manually pick some brighter colours and add some highlights to stuff using those.

penguin.gif

To add on to what Jopie said. Brightening the whole signature ruins the contrast. The dark colours are great, but we just want the lighter ones to a) brighten the piece as a whole up, and B) emphasise the depth of the signature.

Well I was just answering...

how do i brighten it all at once?

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.