The new achievement diary having a effect on sgs market?

Guthorm

Well I love my sgs, but I don't like to waste money if I can help it. This new special of that exwhatever sword gives 20 hp for 100% of the bar. More like a cheap version of sgs, now when combined with Guthan/Bunyip, will it render sgs unnecessary? Should I sell my sgs? Thank you for reading. :)

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

No, excailbur is a waste. Just use sgs and be happy. The sgs stats are way better then the sword. and if you want a one-handed weapon just use a whip and eat some food.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

No, excailbur is a waste. Just use sgs and be happy. The sgs stats are way better then the sword. and if you want a one-handed weapon just use a whip and eat some food.

Whip > GS, so some of what you said is pretty irrelevant or false.

But, DDS>Excalibur when it comes to specs... so it might have an effect on the market, but it will never change the effectiveness.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

The spec restore both 20 hp and boost your defense same as drinking a super defense pot. While slaying, it will probably be more helpful than 4 dds spec.

I bought sgs mainly because of its special, sure I can play with it at castle wars and what not but I can do that with a bgs too. I think I am really asking is that how great is the difference between the two specials? On one hand I have potentially more hp and prayer, with the other I have a definite 20 hp boost with a super defense pot. So is the difference between the two specials so small that it doesn't matter which one it is?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Now I'm probably wrong, but I would think that excalibur would be more useful to lower leved players because when I had my SGS, I didnt hit high enough on specs to make it worth it for me. I don't think it's going to affect the market much if it all.

ubermage2000.pngubermage2000.png

ubermage2000.png[ubermage2000.png

ubermage2000.png

-Barrows Drops- 1 Dharok's Helm,1 Ahrim's Robetop,1 Torag's Hammers, 1 Dragon Med

-GWD Drops- 1 Shard

-DK Drops- 7 Dragon Axes, 7 Berserker Rings, 7 Warrior Rings, 2 Archer Rings, 1 Dragon Med

The problem is not many people are willing to carry an Excalibur around with them whilst slaying as they will prefer the whip for attacking and a free inventory space for loot.

20HP isn't that much and personally I would rather Guthans it back, at least with Guthans I can heal as much as I like.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The spec restore both 20 hp and boost your defense same as drinking a super defense pot. While slaying, it will probably be more helpful than 4 dds spec.

Not really, I can complete any task whatsoever from Duradel in one trip, the HP boost is unneeded. As for defence boost, super defence potions are dirt cheap. Anyone who doesn't use a super defence potion on majority of slayer tasks is just causing themselves unneeded grief. So really, the DDS speeds up your tasks (somewhat) and the excalibur will save you a couple pieces of food at best.

Obviously, if someone struggles to do a task in a trip it *may* be worth considering, but I'm still skeptical.

As for SGS, it may have a small dip if people find out about the excalibur and don't consider the alternatives, but I doubt the price will change significantly.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|