Player names that should be banned.

lpinkus

I saw a player the other day, whose named contained the phrase "ballslap." I hope that's ok to say, that's not the player's full name. I also hope it's ok to say since it's nasty, but I'm doing it to make a point.

I've similarly offensive names, even racist ones. Why are these allowed? I assume these people have entered names that the system doesn't "notice" as offensive, but does JAGeX at least review the new names each day and make those people change them? They ought to.

And, if the phrase I wrote got blocked out in this topic, I understand. It should be! So why not in Runescape?

lpinkus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, i think the word "ball" should have an exception because, well...some people might type in baseball548? But i agree that it should have a filter in the name creation fields as well. I've seen it in other games, so runescape should have it too. Good idea.

Sup noobs.

my name is "ovul4ting hoe" take away the "e"

they have msged me b4 about other things...not just automated msgs

so sometimes i dont think they care about names

who cares...its just a name..gosh

Nooooo no Report Abuse! :| :P

A guy already flamed me with my RuneRock Scout called: Om(between here a F)g Leave - and i've got Omg Leave, but they own i dont want to lose them :cry:

I remember seeing a "Bastad Ga1" on the RSB forums a few months ago :lol:

Yeah you get some horrible names like "Wh1t3sl4y3r" etc. Theres no way JAGex can ignore racist/sexist etc names.

i think everyone who complains about naughty names should be shot

First off, that post has only your opinion, not why you feel that way. Care to elaborate? Secondly, saying people who are annoyed by naughty names should be SHOT doesn't help anything. Shot. Sounds a bit severe, doesn't it? I realize it's just an expression, but it's uncalled for.

JAGeX needs to keep a better eye on player names. You may be old enough to decide what's right and wrong, but for many, many players, the Runescape environment needs to be more sterile. Sure, younger ages already see plenty of adult things on TV, but they don't need to get them from Runescape, too.

And someone posted earlier made a post about their name, something like "ovulating" and "[garden tool]." Well, that name may not reflect the kind of person you are, but I do think it's inappropriate. I have to ask, why is so necessary to make a name like that? "Cheeseman973" is kid of funny, too, but it's appropriate for everyone. As I said before, that sort joke is fine for adults who are up at 12:30 AM watching Conan O'Brien, but a 12 year old doesn't need to hear it.

lpinkus

alright

heres a thought

either they need to perfect the filter...as in deny ur name b4 u even make it...

or they need to send you a msg and allow you to change ur name and not ban u...u shuld have the option to change ur name

alright

heres a thought

either they need to perfect the filter...as in deny ur name b4 u even make it...

or they need to send you a msg and allow you to change ur name and not ban u...u shuld have the option to change ur name

I guess that's fine by me, but I'd say you only get one additional chance. Make another inappropriate name, get banned.

lpinkus

alright

heres a thought

I guess that's fine by me, but I'd say you only get one additional chance. Make another inappropriate name, get banned.

lpinkus

This would probably solve the problem, it seems to work.

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p

"ballslap"

u gotta admit its quite funny

Funny to someone old enough to understand it. And if you're under 15 and understand it, well, you shouldn't.

lpinkus

ballslap omg!!! o noo the offence how immature..

maybe sexist and racist names should be banned but...only if there is no other meaning for it...ive had a friend who got banned because his name was offencive in a different language...like wtf ! and he was over lvl 90...jagex never said any thing about it until he canceled his member ship

personally i think jagex should go [bleep] them selves (offtopic)

ballslap omg!!! o noo the offence how immature..

maybe sexist and racist names should be banned but...only if there is no other meaning for it...ive had a friend who got banned because his name was offencive in a different language...like * ! and he was over lvl 90...jagex never said any thing about it until he canceled his member ship

personally i think jagex should go * them selves (offtopic)

Well, you're making my point for me. We don't need to see you saying those kinds of things in this forum, and we don't need to see it in Runescape, either. You can be sarcastic all you like.

As far as your friend goes, the only thing JAGeX did wrong was not ban him sooner.

By the way, JAGeX makes the game you play and post about. Why continue to play it/post about it if you feel they do such a terrible job?

lpinkus

"ballslap"

Funny to someone old enough to understand it. And if you're under 15 and understand it, well, you shouldn't.

lpinkus

this might come as a surprise to you but children know what their genitals are called

i think everyone who complains about naughty names should be shot

i agree, i mean if your offended by someones name and they are talking to you.....PUT THEM ON IGNORE!

and if you are just around them and you see them, go to a diffrent spot, is that very hard to do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Horus was weak, Abbadon was a fool, but I Karkan, chosen of the chaos gods, shall conquer Terra, I shall kill the false emperor. Under my blood stained banner, chaos shall rule the universe

"ballslap"

lpinkus

this might come as a surprise to you but children know what their genitals are called

:lol:

How much it actually offends people isn't the point. And the fact that some of you fail to see that troubles me. Its inappropriate and thats the point. I say any lil [puncture] that has the nerve to create such garbage should be beaten with a stick, but thats just me.

I say each sn should be able to be reported for the contents of the sn.

So, if you're under 15 you should know all the slang names for the human body's private parts? OK, if you say so. I didn't know the rule. Yes, "ball" is slang. Sorry to be crass, but you don't say that to a doctor, now do you?

Listen, many of you guys are obviously not bothered by the names or chat you read when you play. Fine, but you're not the only ones who play. We're not discussing some obscure, unpoliced website. Runescape is popular worldwide to all ages, and JAGeX knows to keep it clean.

I have some follow-up news, by the way. I messaged JAGeX and they promptly replied that they were investigating both of the accounts of which I informed them. Yes, we all know they're busy and that they have form replies, but they did mention "both" of the names. I'll be checking soon to see if those player names still exist, and I'll continue to message them whenever I see a similarly offensive name.

Again, just because you're not offended doesn't mean everyone won't be. So, just use a clean name and have your fun some other way.

lpinkus

"ballslap"

lpinkus

Well that just shows that YOU don't actually understand what ballslap means. And there is no way I'm explaining it here. Hint: you're wrong, it's not about how you call a body part.

Jagex is just inconistent. They don't tolerate these names yet they have no way of checking them and ban when people report others. That causes a problem for long-time players. Anyone saw the petition by xwifebeaterx in General on this forum ? Plus in his case, there was the second meaning of wifebeater, which is the name of a type of shirt. They didn't stop the players when they were a small company and now they expect to ban anybody as they see fit. Not quite that easy, Jagex.

I also like how they keep saying that they'll introduce name-change one day. They've said that for years and they've never done it. Doubt they care. Doesn't inspire confidence though.