Opulent Tables (lock please)

Psycho_Robot

Why are they going up in price? As far as I know, they're a fairly common reward from level 3 clues, and they used to be really low in price, as low as 5k I think. Why now are they going up in price? Are people actually buying them enough that the price is going up naturally, or is Jagex artificially inflating the price?

Seriously? That's great!! I have like 12 of em I got from clues and if they really do go back up to even half of what they cost to make, I'll make a ton of money, or have some really good junk \'

Unless you have junk, you'll never be able to sell them before they crash. I merched 30 of them, traded 15 for 3a vambs and sold one for 3.2m with junk, but I can't do much now without junk.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Seriously? That's great!! I have like 12 of em I got from clues and if they really do go back up to even half of what they cost to make, I'll make a ton of money, or have some really good junk \'

Unless you have junk, you'll never be able to sell them before they crash. I merched 30 of them, traded 15 for 3a vambs and sold one for 3.2m with junk, but I can't do much now without junk.

How do you know they'll crash, and when do you think they'll do so?

It was you who had that one thread about these tables... lol I knew it. I couldn't remember the name until I read it again.

ANYWAY, yeah. it's all just hype. No one will buy and then they will crash and be worthless junk once again...

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

They can be made for 1.2m. The only reason they are trading high is because junk is in popular demand. Once the GE price gets to a few hundred K, people like you and me - without any junk - will dump them and force the price down; there are currently too many tables, it's just that many of them are locked up without junk.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

They can be made for 1.2m. The only reason they are trading high is because junk is in popular demand. Once the GE price gets to a few hundred K, people like you and me - without any junk - will dump them and force the price down; there are currently too many tables, it's just that many of them are locked up without junk.

I'll just sell them now lol... try to make a cool 1m off what used to be just 100k :lol:

Edit: Sold em for nearly 900k :P

I'll just sell them now lol... try to make a cool 1m off a 100k investment :lol:

You do know you can sell them to grim for 112k? I'd wait until GE price hits 350-400kish at least.

DeviledEgg24.png

Nah, I just sold em. I know the price could go up and down and whatever, but I had some bad experiences with investing. I expected the value to be 0 forever, and I'm glad to have gotten nearly 1m from it

It never could have dropped below 112k, and I'd be willing to bet that it'll go over 400k (at least in d stoning).

DeviledEgg24.png

Nah, I just sold em. I know the price could go up and down and whatever, but I had some bad experiences with investing. I expected the value to be 0 forever, and I'm glad to have gotten nearly 1m from it

It never could have dropped below 112k, and I'd be willing to bet that it'll go over 400k (at least in d stoning).

D stoning? and why never below 112k? Its all irrelevant now I suppose, but I'm curious :P

D stoning? and why never below 112k? Its all irrelevant now I suppose, but I'm curious :P

grim would of bought all tables for 112k each

foukouei.png

I thought Ghrim bought them for the GE price?

D stoning is a method of transferring wealth without junk. Discussion doesn't seem to be allowed on these forums, as it can be used for RWT.

DeviledEgg24.png

You do know you can sell them to grim for 112k? I'd wait until GE price hits 350-400kish at least.

:-w

DeviledEgg24.png

I didn't know that... lol... once again me + playing the market = epic phail :lol:

Still I could have sworn that Ghrim always bought them for the GE price...

I didn't know that... lol... once again me + playing the market = epic phail :lol:

Still I could have sworn that Ghrim always bought them for the GE price...

Nope.

DeviledEgg24.png

He used to buy them for the G.E. price; he now buys them for around 10% of the cost to make them (and this goes for all furniture it seems).

I knew I wasn't crazy!

So... let me get this straight...

Jagex updated Ghrim so that you can now sell for more than the price on the GE, but they didn't announce the update and they didn't update the GE prices to reflect this 10% deal? And because I didn't know I just forfeited 300k gp to someone who is lucky enough to have found out before me?

I'm a tad pissed off about that <.<

He used to buy them for the G.E. price; he now buys them for around 10% of the cost to make them (and this goes for all furniture it seems).

I knew I wasn't crazy!

Jagex updated Ghrim so that you can now sell for more than the price on the GE, but they didn't announce the update and they didn't update the GE prices to reflect this 10% deal? And because I didn't know I just forfeited 300k gp to someone who is lucky enough to have found out before me?

Dude everyone who was around for the Fremmenik Diary update knows this and I'm pretty sure it's fairly common knowledge, except the complete morons who buy Opulent Tables for over 2M on the RSOF... SHHH!!! Don't tell them though, I wanna make money off their stupidity.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I knew I wasn't crazy!

Dude everyone who was around for the Fremmenik Diary update knows this and I'm pretty sure it's fairly common knowledge, except the complete morons who buy Opulent Tables for over 2M on the RSOF... SHHH!!! Don't tell them though, I wanna make money off their stupidity.

Or you could buy the table, use the junk to buy something like d claws or loan a pair out, and sell the table for a nifty 1m profit. It's not stupid, I do the same thing. Made over 90m merching in a couple of days.

DeviledEgg24.png

I knew I wasn't crazy!

Those were supposed to be TEMPORARY updates and they only affected certain items NOT INCLUDING Opulent Tables

Or at least that's what Jagex said...

Well, I've merched for 5 years. I have experience with prices and items. He's right, they'll crash.

Look at D Claws. Look at granite. Etc tec.

09144a99bb.png

Well, I've merched for 5 years. I have experience with prices and items. He's right, they'll crash.

Look at D Claws. Look at granite. Etc tec.

BAD examples. Granite was destined to fall with the granite being 10k a piece and everyone in runescape mining it.

D claws, what happened was they were a AWESOME HAX item when it came out and now alot of people are hunting for them.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.