Advice on MP3 players?

Faux

I personally have the ancient 40GB Ipod black & white screen majigger ;) I have about 30GB of music on it atm, but I have probably only listened to 5GB worth of it.

My mum has just bought a pretty new 60GB Ipod photo, and I love it. A bit pricey but overall worth it.

60GB Ipod>My computer :cry:

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Since it sounds like you are more concerned with skip control (for jogging), than size of memory, and are probably looking to spend no more than you have to, consider this article on flash based players:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1836831,00.asp

It is interesting to note that in a review of the audio quality it was found that the ipod SHUFFLE outperformed other players, including the bigger ipods.

For more on this see Bill Machrone's column here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1777890,00.asp

This is important to some audiophiles, especially those who connect their player to their car system or their home stereo system. Of course...it would make more sense to include these higher quality audio components on the more expensive...and expansive units. They are more likely to be used with high end audio systems because they can basically store all of your music.

Jens of Sweden!

:)

I looove my MP-400:

mp40013web5mp.th.png

1 GB of memory in a player the size of your thumb. Yes, true. It's tiny.

I dunno if you can get it where you live, I'm from sweden, see, but they're an international company...anyways, it seems perfect for your needs since you dislike IPOD style players, just like me.

anyways, check it out, it's pretty neat.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Too late Korla I got my player by Saturday. I got an 256 mb iRiver for around $100. It was on sale and $30 was knocked off the price so it was a good deal.

mp3set.jpg

I just got home from jogging btw =) and it worked fine for me. No skip at all and the sound was very good although I'll prolly need to buy some better earphones/headphones. The whole thing gave me a USB cable, earphones, encoding cable, neck strap, and an armband with carrying case that was useful for me this morning ^_^

Mp3 is mostly 3 types

Flash

Hard drive

Minidisc

Flash is pricey and small capacity

Hard drive based players are usually a little on the large side but there is a very small Aiwa hard drive player with 2 gig storage

I would look at the minidisc if you dont mind carrying something a little larger but still smaller than an ipod. For around $170 u can get a HI-MD player the Sony MZ-RH910. Its not as flashy as its more expensive sibling MZ-RH10 but it has great audio quality (better than ipod), great recording capability. I have an Ipod photo and a Sony MZ-RH10 and i prefer the Sony. Discs are 1 gig each (sony can squeeze 4 gig into it but they are waiting for the next generation i guess) and costs $7.

blah u bought it already. Well i would shell out an extra 35 bucks to get a good set of headphones. Iriver's stock ones are really crappy.

I just got myself a pair of Sony MDR-EX81 over-the-ear canal phones. Its the best earbuds you can get that is cheaper than Shure's.

Jens of Sweden!

:)

I looove my MP-400:

mp40013web5mp.th.png

1 GB of memory in a player the size of your thumb. Yes, true. It's tiny.

I dunno if you can get it where you live, I'm from sweden, see, but they're an international company...anyways, it seems perfect for your needs since you dislike IPOD style players, just like me.

anyways, check it out, it's pretty neat.

Yeah, Jens Of Sweden is great. I have a MP-110 myself. Boring design, but it's got so many features and settings. Shame it's only 256mb though, or else I wouldn't have to get the Zen Micro 5gb this weekend. Need more space. :P

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg