Spirit of Christmas is gone :-(

HugeBrain

I don't see you, or anyone else, giving out santa hats for christmas gifts.

The 'spirit' of the holiday items died way back when people started ruining friendships, hacking friends, and doing just plain dumb and cruel things for party hats.

Nice try.

Funny cause I did (almost) that just before the trade update (gave a few halloween masks to a few friends).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You can still give people things. An amulet of glory as a small gift of someone would still mean a lot to me. And besides, the real gp value of a santa hat is 1gp, so at the time of the drop, they were worthless and just a small gift you could give to someone. Sure, the event rewards aren't tradeable now, but the same still applies, a gift doesn't have to be worth millions to be of value.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

did you know the fat jolly santa we all know now was invented by coke, and the colours used to be blue and green but coke changed that as well.

Wrong. The modern Santa was in New York Times years before Coke used it for their advertising.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

did you know the fat jolly santa we all know now was invented by coke, and the colours used to be blue and green but coke changed that as well.

Wrong. The modern Santa was in New York Times years before Coke used it for their advertising.

Coca Cola guys invented it...

priest_wiz.png

Again wrong. The "coke santa" was in advertising for over twenty years before Coke used it for their products.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christma ... cacola.asp Learn 2 internet rumors.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I can't believe I missed this topic. Now, how am I going to approch this.......

Yes, the spirit of christmas is gone, the spirit of open markets is gone, the spirit of merching is gone, and the spirit of giving is gone. You can thank the FAILED December 10th 2007 updates that FAILED to stop RWTing, FAILED to stop illegal money transfers, and FAILED to accomplish anything, other than protect uninformed players, and bolster FAILED melodramitic nerds who equate winning virtual, fictional gold in a fight to real life murder.

The spirit of PKing is gone, the spirit of risk is gone, the spirit of a mulitplayer game is gone. Lots of things are gone.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

I can't believe I missed this topic. Now, how am I going to approch this.......

Yes, the spirit of christmas is gone, the spirit of open markets is gone, the spirit of merching is gone, and the spirit of giving is gone. You can thank the FAILED December 10th 2007 updates that FAILED to stop RWTing, FAILED to stop illegal money transfers, and FAILED to accomplish anything, other than protect uninformed players, and bolster FAILED melodramitic nerds who equate winning virtual, fictional gold in a fight to real life murder.

The spirit of PKing is gone, the spirit of risk is gone, the spirit of a mulitplayer game is gone. Lots of things are gone.

I have not seen an autoer since that day, and the methods on completing a RWT have been severely reduced, making it much, much harder to RWT. The updates were a success, perhaps not in your eyes, but I can see that you played the game for the pking, and it's completely understandable why you feel the spirit of the game has gone.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

You can still give people things. An amulet of glory as a small gift of someone would still mean a lot to me. And besides, the real gp value of a santa hat is 1gp, so at the time of the drop, they were worthless and just a small gift you could give to someone. Sure, the event rewards aren't tradeable now, but the same still applies, a gift doesn't have to be worth millions to be of value.

+1, Toy Soldiers and Dolls ftw :lol:

Honestly that's one of the best gifts you can give. They're like 1.2k a piece, just give a bunch to your friends, teach them how to wind and release the soldiers and then go attack Varrock with your Toy Soldier armies :lol:

+1, Toy Soldiers and Dolls ftw :lol:

Honestly that's one of the best gifts you can give. They're like 1.2k a piece, just give a bunch to your friends, teach them how to wind and release the soldiers and then go attack Varrock with your Toy Soldier armies :lol:

lol if we need toy solider we will get some one short like i don't know flodder :XD:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

Again wrong. The "coke santa" was in advertising for over twenty years before Coke used it for their products.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christma ... cacola.asp Learn 2 internet rumors.

That, my friend, is St. Nicholas. I get gifts from him every year on 6 December. True, it's the image of the modern-day Santa, but the name just isn't the same.

And where do you see blue and green on these pictures?

Off-topic: 500th post! \'

priest_wiz.png