d claws vs. godswords

tigershelby2

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon Claws are only good for their special attack. For normal damage they are more like Dragon Scimitar Use them at PvP, duels and Boss trips.

Godswords have moderate specials (when compared to Dragon Claws) but they have high accuracy when hitting normally and you can use them on Slayer tasks.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Dragon Claws are only good for their special attack. For normal damage they are more like Dragon Scimitar Use them at PvP, duels and Boss trips.

Godswords have moderate specials (when compared to Dragon Claws) but they have high accuracy when hitting normally and you can use them on Slayer tasks.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Godswords are fail compared to whips + defender at slayer tasks,

Their accuracy is very low why did you think it was high? Of course their specials are cool.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Their accuracy is very low why did you think it was high? Of course their specials are cool.

You must have misunderstood. Godswords have a high accuracy and are good for Slayer tasks WHEN COMPARED to Dragon Claws.

I have no doubt in my mind that a Whip beats a Godsword. However, the topic was about GodSword and Claws.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

You must have misunderstood. Godswords have a high accuracy and are good for Slayer tasks WHEN COMPARED to Dragon Claws.

I have no doubt in my mind that a Whip beats a Godsword. However, the topic was about GodSword and Claws.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Hello Friend,

Bronze longswords are better than daggers so I am going to use them because at slayer tasks because iron is not in this debate.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Hello Friend,

Bronze longswords are better than daggers so I am going to use them because at slayer tasks because iron is not in this debate.

This is stupid.

The author asks whether Dragon Claws or Godswords are better. You say Whips are better. Sounds foolish?

~Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

This is stupid.

The author asks whether Dragon Claws or Godswords are better. You say Whips are better. Sounds foolish?

~Lord Shalaj

You said godswords are better then claws on a slayer task. Whips are cheaper, better, and faster so I mentioned them.

So comparing bronze daggers to longswords you say the longs are better so does that mean its better to use them on a slayer task?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

This is stupid.

~Lord Shalaj

You said godswords are better then claws on a slayer task. Whips are cheaper, better, and faster so I mentioned them.

So comparing bronze daggers to longswords you say the longs are better so does that mean its better to use them on a slayer task?

If the author had said "Dragon Claws vs GodSwords vs Whip", I would have said whip. Tell me, supposing you compare Karil leatherbody with Armadyl chestplate on one of the Tip.It comparison calcs, does a message pop up saying "3rd age is better you nub!"?

Stay within context. If they have asked a comparison between Dragon Claws and Godsword, and which is better out of those, there is no reason to bring an Abyssal Whip in between.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

This is stupid.

~Lord Shalaj

If the author had said "Dragon Claws vs GodSwords vs Whip", I would have said whip. Tell me, supposing you compare Karil leatherbody with Armadyl chestplate on one of the Tip.It comparison calcs, does a message pop up saying "3rd age is better you nub!"?

Stay within context. If they have asked a comparison between Dragon Claws and Godsword, and which is better out of those, there is no reason to bring an Abyssal Whip in between.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

If 3rd age was cheaper then the both of them i would of brought it up in a discussion.

Honestly if D claws are a better spec weapon and Godswords suck for normal training it makes them obsolete.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

take a whip and defender to a gwd boss and see how long till you get kicked.

God swords have a use outside of pvp, claws do not. Also, you can pk with a god sword with protect item and do something other then pj people.

pureprayer, saying a whip is better for slayer is completely irrelavant to this discussion, because we arent debating whether a whip or gs is better.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

take a whip and defender to a gwd boss and see how long till you get kicked.

God swords have a use outside of pvp, claws do not. Also, you can pk with a god sword with protect item and do something other then pj people.

pureprayer, saying a whip is better for slayer is completely irrelavant to this discussion, because we arent debating whether a whip or gs is better.

My point was whips are better in ALL aspects and are 20 times cheaper. They arent that horrible at gwd as long as you have high attack.

Saying its better at slayer tasks is obsolete because a weapon 20 times cheaper is better than it.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

i have seen this thread on the help and advice section quite a bit lately and would like to bring this to the correct place...

Which is better a godsword or d claws

tell me where that asks to compare either weapon to a whip.

and a gs is much better then a whip at gwd

awteno.jpg

i have seen this thread on the help and advice section quite a bit lately and would like to bring this to the correct place...

Which is better a godsword or d claws

tell me where that asks to compare either weapon to a whip.

and a gs is much better then a whip at gwd

If you say that a strong point of a GS is the use of it on slayer monsters, true its better then d claws, but whips are better so you cant use "A gs is better on slayer monsters" in a gs/d claw debate.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

gs is better because it can be used effectively for many more things, a gs can be used to train str, fight bosses effectivly, and can be a good pvp weapon. D claws are a good pvp weapon, arguably better then a gs

id say if all d claws have is pking(which most players wont risk that much money in) then the gs is better.

pureprayer, whats better for training a rune 2h or a bronze 2h, did you say rune 2h? If so your wrong because a whip is better, that is why your logic fails.

awteno.jpg

gs is better because it can be used effectively for many more things, a gs can be used to train str, fight bosses effectivly, and can be a good pvp weapon. D claws are a good pvp weapon, arguably better then a gs

id say if all d claws have is pking(which most players wont risk that much money in) then the gs is better.

pureprayer, whats better for training a rune 2h or a bronze 2h, did you say rune 2h? If so your wrong because a whip is better, that is why your logic fails.

Whip is more costly BUT if the poster had 70 attack and whips were cheaper then rune 2h's and the poster was either going to buy a bronze 2h or a rune 2h I would say get a whip.

Unless said poster was going for strength xp. (or was f2p).

If this was a thread in H & A I would say its rune 2h's but a whip is cheaper and way better.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Whip is more costly BUT if the poster had 70 attack and whips were cheaper then rune 2h's and the poster was either going to buy a bronze 2h or a rune 2h I would say get a whip.

If this was a thread in H & A I would say its rune 2h's but a whip is cheaper and way better.

Your lack of logic baffles me. We were NOT discussing whips at all. OP never mentioned it AT ALL. He asked, "which is better, d claws or a godsword". WHY DID YOU BRING IN THE WHIP IF NOBODY ASKED FOR IT?

Game_Proffy.png

Your lack of logic baffles me. We were NOT discussing whips at all. OP never mentioned it AT ALL. He asked, "which is better, d claws or a godsword". WHY DID YOU BRING IN THE WHIP IF NOBODY ASKED FOR IT?

really guys...im not looking to buy either of them, i just wanted to know some peoples opinions...lol whips do own but thats not what this is about

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Honestly ALL I SAID WAS YOU CANT USE "GODSWORDS ARE BETTER FOR SLAYER TASKS" AS A STRONG POINT BECAUSE YOU CAN EASILY BUY A WHIP AND IT IS BETTER.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Honestly ALL I SAID WAS YOU CANT USE "GODSWORDS ARE BETTER FOR SLAYER TASKS" AS A STRONG POINT BECAUSE YOU CAN EASILY BUY A WHIP AND IT IS BETTER.

Godsword is good for slayer if Dragon Claws is your other option. WHIPS ARE NOT IN THIS DEBATE! For god's sake, do you even know what a comparison is?

Honestly, drop it. Your logic makes no sense.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

pureprayer, you are an idiot.

Ags Ftw.... And I have a feeling they will nerf D claws like they did to the G maul, if you played that long ;)

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

Godsword is good for slayer if Dragon Claws is your other option. WHIPS ARE NOT IN THIS DEBATE! For god's sake, do you even know what a comparison is?

Honestly, drop it. Your logic makes no sense.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Ok honestly assuming you have 75 attack and have an Ags or even a Bgs you will have a whip. Hands down. BUT if this is a debate where you have nothing in the bank but torags, and enough money for claws/godsword you should buy a godsword because you have left over money (even for a whip) for other supplys. Now claws are crashing and going for 100% junk so if you have a lot of junk get claws.

Assuming you are one of the 99% of people with a whip. And you are going to buy a bgs/claws, while keeping that whip, you WILL NOT use your godsword for slayer (sgs for spec). So if you are 50/50 on dragon claws or a bgs the "fact" that a godsword is better for slayer tasks is obsolete because you will not use your godsword for slayer. I can say 99% of people have a whip if they have money for a bgs. For pvp D claws are way better and for boss hunting its D claws assuming the cost factor. As a reminder D claws only requide 60 Attack so if you are a pure there good.

Sorry for spelling mistakes im using IE and im tired.

Again YOU WILL HAVE A WHIP IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY FOR CLAWS/BGS IF NOT GET A BGS.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Your logic baffles me, yet again.

Who cares if you have a whip, and can use it for Slayer over a godsword? This debate is not about whips, after all.

Somebody asked "what is better, d claws or a gs?". There were some replies, one of them that a godsword is better than claws at slaying. Who cares about the fact that whip is better than both? I mean, even the original poster replied (on the previous page, go read it up) that he isn't interested in the whip, he is interested in the d claws/gs debate.

For the sake of discussion, FORGET THE WHIP EVEN EXISTS.

Game_Proffy.png