Why no upper level Servers?

thenext88

Jagex should make 1-3 servers for members (and maybe one for f2p) where to play on it you must be 90+ Combat OR 1300+ Skill total to play on. I'm so tired of the noobs, I mean I know I'm being hypocritical and all because I was once a noob, but seriously if I could just play on a server where there were no annoying noobs, that'd be just so nice! Next server update Jagex should do this :wink: Who knows, it might add motivation for people to train to get higher levels thus giving Jagex more money because people will play more/longer to achieve the stats.

As I can see you dont know the differens between noob and newb

noob is a person that has any combat or skill total but doesnt know anything and acts like a 3-year old person

newb is a person new to the game

there will always be noobs, even with they things you sad

yeh, nice idea.

There are still a couple of problems though. Noobs will complain. This is exactly what happened with the rares, which is why jagex got annoyed and just stopped doing them.

If they do make high level Worlds, they will become absolutely RAMMED with people training, or people just trying to get away from lower level players. This is likely to outweigh the benefits of not being around lower level players.

Also, I believe Jagex would probably not want this kind of segregation, as it would upset the balance of things. I remember that when I was what you would call a noob (newb), I was helped along the way, given advice and tips and money, by countless high level players. I doubt I would have got very far without this advice, and it is for thisreason I doubt that high level worlds would work. Guilds to give high level players advantages are one things, but totally secluding newbs from them? Thats kinda harsh :?

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

It would be too expensive for Jagex as i'm guessing not everyone would use it, I also see no reason to have one and then i'm guessing once a 1300+ skill total one is opened people will want a 1400+ and a 1500+ etc.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

no need to be that harsh...nut i agree that there shoudlnt be entire servers for hi lvls. It would be more appropriate to have maybe a town or something for hi lvlers. Though they do already have the guilds, so this isnt in any way needed.

ShadowSam19.png

no need to be that harsh...nut i agree that there shoudlnt be entire servers for hi lvls. It would be more appropriate to have maybe a town or something for hi lvlers. Though they do already have the guilds, so this isnt in any way needed.

The guilds are a major league joke. The only two guilds that even have "high" requirements are the mage and fishing guilds. All the others have extremely low requirements (with exception to the Legend's guild, but thats not really a guild dedicated to skills either).

While I think the server idea is lame, mainly because the person in question just made the requirements fit so that he could still get in... I wouldn't mind Jagex giving exclusive access to better servers for those who maybe pay an additional $5 a month. Lets face it... the "noobs" just want members for the sake of being a member. If there is an additional option... the "noobs" would just rather pay $5 then $10... and everyone who wants peace and quiet would more then likely get it (but for an additional price).

yeh, still not reall sure that be acceptable. One of the reasons people pay members is to get away from masses of new players. Another server to make like 'super members' would be ridiculous, it just further segregates people. Paying more money just to get away from people is absurd.

If you are really bothered about people, go online at ungodly hours! Even then you will get noobs, they seem to permeate everywhere. Just try to learn to see them as a joke, see the humour. I keep a whole catalogue of nooby comments and stuff, its just funny, not annoying! Lighten up!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

love the idea next...believe me..i do

however, even if sum1 is a low lvl..it doesnt mean that they are a noob...theres really no way to dertermine that

considering ive seeen lvl 100+ beggars, etc....

theres really no escape from it...

tiger: trust me I did my share of annoying some people when I was new way back in rsc... like following around someone for half an hour when I saw them wearing a yellow "crown."

hobgoblin: never really thought about the "separation," I guess reg worlds would go into chaos without the higher levels.

deleter: I respect that opinion, though a f2ps $0 dollars a month isn't better than another f2ps $0 a month (you forgot that) as mentioned with "maybe a f2p server" as well.

abigblackbird: Said 90+ and 1300+ on the time it took me to get to that level (about 2 years for me) not because I fit in :) Well... ok... maybe a little, just a very little had to do with my stats :P

hobgoblin: don't like the "pay more" idea either... what just gets me are noobs who threaten to report me for ignoring them and I HAVE been warned once before because of that.

mage: :lol:

Ok thanks for the input everyone. Just wanted to see everyones opinion on this...

I remember seeing a topic like this a VERY long time ago, way back in rsc about this, except the requirements were 70+ combat or 1000+ skill total, but that was like 1.5 years ago, and we've come a long way since, so I kind of upped those requirements to better fit today's standards.

tiger: trust me I did my share of annoying some people when I was new way back in rsc... like following around someone for half an hour when I saw them wearing a yellow "crown."

Oh help...

Well, like others pointed out already: you have noobs at any level, although there are relatively more at the lower levels. I doubt it would solve much though. And even then - I doubt Jagex would ever do it.

yer i bet you would still go in the normal serves though wouldnt you? your not supierier becasue youve got 90 plus ciombat...what biut the level 3 pure skill people? but no there not important are they?

if that was to happen then anyone in dat world shouldnt be aloud in normal worlds, see hown long you would last then (arguing wit each other bout whos ebtter)

I think some sort of restricted server is a fantastic idea, and I have when it's come up before, too. 95% of the people I wish would just fall off the face of the Earth I meet while playing are fairly low-leveled. Our theoretical restricted world wouldn't even have to have a very severe restriction- heck, 1000 skill total would be more than enough to satisfy me.

I don't understand the opposition to it. Think about it- who would it hurt? Nobody!

I doubt it would be that much of a problem for Jagex to allocate 1 or 2 servers for the high-level world when they get the next batch up. Lord knows they would probably be among the most used servers.

Why not?

Because this is RuneScape. Not aristocracy/CommieScape.

off topic, but aren't the basic fundamentals of communism that everyone is equal?

Yes it is. But we all saw what happened to Russia. Becoming a worse situation than the one they overthrew - the Tsar.

Why not?

Because this is RuneScape. Not aristocracy/CommieScape.

off topic, but aren't the basic fundamentals of communism that everyone is equal?

Yes it is. But we all saw what happened to Russia. Becoming a worse situation than the one they overthrew - the Tsar.

fair enough...

I do like the idea, I'm not just saying it because I might be able to get in, i am only 80 combat and 1100 total. I really don't see that happening though. Imagine the amount of complaints Jagex would get from all the lower levels, they don't have the time to waste on them while they are trying to make the next update. :wink:

When i play i completely ignore 'noobs' anyway, i just get on with what ever i am doing and complete it as quick as possible. I don't play runescape for conversation. :P

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

I imagine someone training to lv 90 combat just so they have the chance to beg the higher levels on the other server.

Proud 'The' Guardian Knight

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

http://www.theclanrs.com/

This is the same thing as saying Zezima should get his own private server because he's ranked #1 skill total.

Want to hear some good news? He does have his own private server, and you can have one too! Those little buttons at the bottom of the game window that say "Public Chat", "Private chat", and "Trade/compete" are the controls for turning it on and off! For simple instructions, click each of these buttons until their caption is "Off". Then, begin playing like usual. If you want to go back to a public server, repeat step 1 until the caption is "On".

Those buttons and "Ignore" are in the game for more than to look pretty, they control who you want to talk to and if you care to put up with noobs. I don't know about you, but I'm always training on my private server.