Guide to New Dagganoth Armours

jeremyyak

This is my guide to the new dagganoth armour, it can now be found on Sal's Realm of Runescape as well and no I didn't steal it I wrote it.

Getting Started

There are a few things you'll need to know before even starting out.

Requirements

You must have already completed the Fremennik Trials Quest in order to make the new armor. However, you don't need to complete the quest to get to Waterbirth Island.

Also, you should have the ability to defeat level 88, 90, 98 and 137 monsters. It's recommended to have at least level 43 Prayer so that you can use Protect From Melee to defend against the Dagannoths.

What You Need

You should bring a partner with you if you wish to have access to some of the different areas of the dungeon. The following equipment are also very helpful:

Armor - Rune, Dragon, Barrows, Dragonhide; whatever suits you.

A Dragon weapon of better.

Food - this is a must!

Potions - Prayer Restore and stat-boosting potions are especially useful if you're a lower level.

Waterbirth Island

First off, you should complete the Fremennik Trials Quest. You'll get free passage to the island, and you'll even be able to make the new armor. If you've already done that, you're good to go! Head to Rellekka and speak to Jarvald on the far west dock and he will bring you to Waterbirth Island. Once you arrive there, follow the path there until you find the dungeon entrance, marked by a (!) on your map.

Monsters

The Waterbirth Island Dungeon provides some new monsters that you must defeat if you wish to obtain some new armors. They are as follows:

Dagannoth [level 90] - Drop Dagannoth Hides

They attack you with melee-based attacks.

These next monsters are behind the gates. To gain access and get behind the gates, you must stand on one switch while your partner stands on the other switch.

Giant Rock Crab [level 137] - Drop Rock Shell pieces and Rock Shell gloves and boots.

They attack you with melee-based attacks as well.

Wallasalki [level 98] - Drops Ribcases, and Fibulas, as well as Skull and Skeletal gloves and boots.

They attack you with magic-based attacks.

Dagannoth [level 88] - Drops Stretched, Flat, and Round Hides, as well as Spiny gloves and boots.

They attack you with range-based attacks.

Making the Armor

If you plan on making the armor, you need to have completed the Fremennik Trials Quest. If you have already done it, you can make these armors, provided that you have the equipment to make them.

Materials Needed For...

Mage Armor:

6 Dagannoth Hides

1 Ribcase, 1 Fibula and 1 Skull

25,500gp

Melee Armor:

6 Dagannoth Hides

1 Rock Shell Chunk, 1 Shard, and 1 Splinter

25,500gp

Ranged Armor:

6 Dagannoth Hides

1 Round, 1 Flat, and 1 Stretched hide

25,500gp

How to Make It

To make the armor you want, you need to speak to different people. All of these people are located in Rellekka and you must be a Fremennik to get them to make it for you.

Peer the Seer: Makes Mage Armor - outside the puzzle room

Skulgrimen: Makes Melee Armor - helmet shop

Sigli: Makes Ranged Armor - at the entrance

Stats & Pictures

Mage Armor

wbmagearmor.png

Attack:

Magic: +16

Ranged: -19

Defense:

Stab: +67

Slash: +56

Crush: +80

Magic: +28

Range: +0

Melee Armor

wbmeleearmor.png

Attack:

Magic: -57

Range: -19

Defense:

Stab: +163

Slash: +163

Crush: +149

Magic: -11

Ranged: +0

Ranged Armor

Need Picture Send in yours =)

Attack:

Magic: -31

Range: +29

Defense:

Stab: +68

Crush: +78

Magic: +34

Range: +62

Credits:

Written by Jeremy Yak

Special Thanks To: Half an Hour and the_geno

Thanks To: Paw_Claw, lavamancer20, and sannibannie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pray pots are not a must, i average about 40 level 88 dagganoths a trip with 25 lobsters and a charged pray, im level 89

what i bring:

whip

torag legs

rune plate

warrior helm

glory ammy

ring of wealth

unholy book( while praying)

fremmy shield

cooking gauntlets

climbing boots

+food

and its 22.5k for each set

10k plate

5k helm

7.5k legs

Do NOT try to melee Giant Rock crabs unless you have a full barrows set or are above 80 on every attack stat and health. These things are pwn3d by magic. I killed two meleeing, and at least 50 maging with level 50 magic. :lol:

dude ur not understanding it...im saying the rock crab ATTACKS you with melee... lol

i never said anything about what to attack with

double post dude, does anyone know the ranged armor looks and stats? I've been wanting to know

Looks kind of like a dagannoth, and it's stats are near blue d hide :?

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Full Spined- (ranged)

Attack Bonuses:

Stab: -6

Slash: -6

Crush: -6

Magic: -31

Range: +29

Defense Bonuses:

Stab: +68

Crush: +78

Magic: +34

Range: +62

Other Bonuses: str: 0 pryr: 0

Oh and you might wanna know that the seal things max hit(on me with full blackhides) is 27 and the level 88s max hit(on me with full rune,rune boots and granite shield)is 19.So i would reccomend prayer,dunno about the level 90 dags or rock crabs though

rssig4copy.gif

Rock-Shell-Armor.gif

This is the rock-shell armor.

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

I'm at a bank, I can get that + a full screen pic?

Ok, it's in that pic up there now, that's better? I have a side view if you want it, because the skeletal had a side view... so for consistency?

how do i get through the gates? :(

With you standing on one button circular space and another char on the other space, open the door, while still standing on yours.