Why is it whenever I try to solo ANY boss I fail miserably?

JJG

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

So, slight problems have been had..

Tried soloing arma, died, gave up.

Tried soloing sara, didn't get a kill, gave up.

Tried soloing bandos, whenever I tried to eat got hit, gave up, quit.

So, as far as I can tell I have good enough stats to solo succesfully (If I could i'd prob solo sara mainly) and have good enough gear, yet, things always tend to go wrong.

Obviously practice makes perfect, but I wonder if i'm missing anything, order of potion using, when to use pots, HD/SD, resizable window or small etc.

Not really sure if it goes in help and advice, just didn't seem to go anywhere else and seeing how i'm looking for any tips thought it might be relevant here.

p.s. yes i've watched YT guides and used AOW guides, i'm starting to think i'm just an idiot.. :wall:

JJ_G.gif

Your attack and defense stats could use some more levelling before you try to hunt GWD bosses ... try for at least 80 :|

Ranging all the pre mentioned shouldn't need att and/or str should they?

JJ_G.gif

I assume you're using range? You shouldn't have too much trouble with Armadyl or Sara, so keep trying. With Bandos... kinda iffy with range. It's not bad, but melee is better. Also, for Bandos, when you need to eat, run underneath the boss and make him dance with you. This prevents him from hitting you while you heal up.

But you have great stats for Armadyl and Sara, so again, keep trying.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Your attack and defense stats could use some more levelling before you try to hunt GWD bosses ... try for at least 80 :|

Im assuming he's ranging, considering he has 99 range.

Anyways, your stats are good enough. Just try watching some videos and maybe you'll find out what you're doing wrong.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Ah, I missed that ...

Your stats are very well fit for solo'ing any GWD boss then. I think I understand what problem you had though, and it was the same one I had for when I first tried solo'ing K'ril. You'll have to learn the times to eat, and how to eat without getting hit by the bosses. Or else you'll be visiting your house 24/7 like I was.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Solo'ing usually brings a low amount of kills.You might aswell ask some of your friends to join you.It's easier to duo/trio the GWD bosses;doesn't really matter that the drop gets split.You'll be able to get more kills.

I remember I encountered very similar problems.

Are you sure you are eating/drinking while standing on top of the boss monster? This allows you not to get hit.

Are you drinking directly after you hit? This allows you to drink the potion without combat delay.

Your stats are good enough, so at least that's not the problem.

Main problem might be experience in boss hunting. Have you done a lot of team trips before? Espically for Zilyana it's important to know the bosses behaviour and have experience fighting her before you try to solo. Same goes for Kree'arra, though slightly less.

Someone can explain how they behave in a guide, but that won't allow you to easilly solo them. It's very important to just have experience with fighting those bosses.

Also, the part were soloing can go wrong is at potting and with 'missclicks'. At Zil and Kree (soloing the other 2 godswars bosses just isn't worth it), it's very important to pot while you can't get meleed by them. This means running around the room (you always have to run around at Zil anyway, but this is important for Kree as well). For the missclicks (clicking wrong part of the map/missing a pot dose you had to drink/etc.), always fix that first. Get back in your good rythm before trying to get back to quick killing. For example, at Zil: If you missclick on the minimap getting yourself meleed by Zil the first thing you want to do is to run away from Zil, after that you want to brew out of danger zones (50+hp), and then you'll have to get back in your good run around the room. When your back in your good run you can then pot up completely again and only then start focussing on killing Zil. If you try to focus on Zil too soon it can result in big troubles.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

Your stats are good enough, so at least that's not the problem.

Main problem might be experience in boss hunting. Have you done a lot of team trips before? Espically for Zilyana it's important to know the bosses behaviour and have experience fighting her before you try to solo. Same goes for Kree'arra, though slightly less.

Someone can explain how they behave in a guide, but that won't allow you to easilly solo them. It's very important to just have experience with fighting those bosses.

Also, the part were soloing can go wrong is at potting and with 'missclicks'. At Zil and Kree (soloing the other 2 godswars bosses just isn't worth it), it's very important to pot while you can't get meleed by them. This means running around the room (you always have to run around at Zil anyway, but this is important for Kree as well). For the missclicks (clicking wrong part of the map/missing a pot dose you had to drink/etc.), always fix that first. Get back in your good rythm before trying to get back to quick killing. For example, at Zil: If you missclick on the minimap getting yourself meleed by Zil the first thing you want to do is to run away from Zil, after that you want to brew out of danger zones (50+hp), and then you'll have to get back in your good run around the room. When your back in your good run you can then pot up completely again and only then start focussing on killing Zil. If you try to focus on Zil too soon it can result in big troubles.

I'm thinking I agree with you, but also I think I brew to early and therefore lower my stats and waste supplies. I think if I just let my health get a bit lower before brewing it'd probabyl go better.

Me thinks i'll just practice and see what happens!

Cheers for your guys help ::'

JJ_G.gif

At 95 HP brews should heal either 15 or 16 hp(I get 16 at 96), so wait until you are at least either 30 or 32 HP below your max and then take 3 brew sips followed by 1 restore sip.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20