The New PS3 and Xbox360, Next Gen For The Gaming Industry?

-Til_Galind-

Regarding the Revolution:

They seem to banking on the idea of a new, revolutionary controller that is going to change the world of gaming (be prepared to be underwhelmed by a controller that is just a gimmick that lacks any inovation) and using old Nintendo titles instead of focusing on good next generation games.

Buwahahahaha. :lol: I can quote you and make fun now. What would you say that they unleashed the new controller, Mr Sony Fanboy?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its, err diffrent.

Will Nintendo convince anyone to risk developing exclusively for Revolution with a controller that's unlike anything else?

On one hand they really need to make a conventional controller as well to allow third parties to throw their crappy licensed games at the revolution. But if they do that they risk stifling the very creativity they're looking to inspire.

The average gamer (young male) generally has a pretty stong and nimble right hand. ;) I'm sure people will pick up on how to use it pretty quickly lol :roll:

Nintendo is aiming for everyone here. Everyone. People who look at a regular gamepad will dismiss it saying "Oh, I don't play videogames". But when they checkout this controller, they will think it's a remote or something and grab it and examine it a little closer.

Regarding the Revolution:

They seem to banking on the idea of a new, revolutionary controller that is going to change the world of gaming (be prepared to be underwhelmed by a controller that is just a gimmick that lacks any inovation) and using old Nintendo titles instead of focusing on good next generation games.

Buwahahahaha. :lol: I can quote you and make fun now. What would you say that they unleashed the new controller, Mr Sony Fanboy?

Btw, I hate Sony. Do not EVER call me a Sony fanboy!!! My inner fanboy lies with Team Ninja.

The controller will do nothing special for the FPS genre. It would be like having a light-gun with the ability to move around. Nothing special when it comes to innovating the FPS. But I would love to see a game where you could control the movement of a sword through using the remote. I think it is a gimmick. It does HAVE potential but third party develpers will never use the potential (how many super-innovative third party titles do you see on the DS). Once again, Nintendo is making a system that will mostly be supported by Nintendo and have no third party support.

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

The average gamer (young male) generally has a pretty stong and nimble right hand. ;) I'm sure people will pick up on how to use it pretty quickly lol :roll:

Nintendo is aiming for everyone here. Everyone. People who look at a regular gamepad will dismiss it saying "Oh, I don't play videogames". But when they checkout this controller, they will think it's a remote or something and grab it and examine it a little closer.

Ah yes they are really going to spend $200-300+ on something they don't play, if they don't play videogames they don't play them full stop. They arn't going to buy a whole console then spend $100s-$1000s over time on new games because it looks like a remote control...

They already have a TV. Why would they need another remote?

9fe567ac.jpg

Retired(Oh noes!)

he has a point...... i wouldnt want to use 1 hand to control a videogame...

Well now people without friends can find out what 2 player is like.

Playing with bots in any game gets the same effect, so your point is... what?

People who play with Nintendo products have no friends while MS and Sony fanboys do. I swear, the guy is pissing me off.

Well, here is my alternate take on it:

Nintendo gamers are better than everyone else because we can play as two people at once and still maintain the same level of performance as if two individual people were playing the game.

After all, you would have to be that good in order to actually pull it off.

---

I know that isn't what Papickett was implying but I'm sure they (Papickett and Commandant) can work out the reasoning behind that conclusion :P

WOOT!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NINTENDO IS PURE, PURE GENIOUS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW EXCITED I AM!!!

1126843943.jpg

1126843944.jpg

My intial respone was very, very bad. I was like whaaaat :( and I seriously thought Nintendo was doomed or something. But now I let it sink in, boy, oh boy. Nintendo is incredible.

Developers have said some nice things about it as well. Hideo Kojima (creator of Metal Gear Solid) said this:

kojima's statment about the controller,

Iwata also presented a select number of Japanese developers to discuss their feelings related to the controller - most notably Konami's Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear series, who told the audience that his initial reaction to the controller was simply to exclaim, "You've done it!"

"Even though it was a surprise to me at first, I quickly understood how it should be used," he commented. "This is exactly what I was looking for."

:D

I have come back from 9 months of avoiding anything related to Runescape like the plague to post this:

This controller reaks of awesome. Anyone who disagrees is a [developmentally delayed].

People who play with Nintendo products have no friends while MS and Sony fanboys do. I swear, the guy is pissing me off.

My comment wasn't aimed at Nintendo fans (notice how I said people, not Nintendo fans).I love Nintendo as a matter of fact. They are the only company that is strictly devoted to games and doesn't have to rely on third party developers to deliver great games. I had no idea people would take that comment that way. I do apologize if my comment came out that way though.

9fe567ac.jpg

Retired(Oh noes!)

My comment wasn't aimed at Nintendo fans (notice how I said people, not Nintendo fans).I love Nintendo as a matter of fact. They are the only company that is strictly devoted to games and doesn't have to rely on third party developers to deliver great games. I had no idea people would take that comment that way. I do apologize if my comment came out that way though.

Nah, I'm sorry too, just finished my work then and wasn't thinking clearly, I guess. You gotta lay off some of those comments though.