they are tools! lemmings i tell you!

yanksrule

roar i am mad.

i got a lot of stealing creation armor that has no charges. i have no points so naturally i start playing my favorite minigame. well it WAS my favorite before jagex made specific worlds for the game. oh that's super! now we can just go to the world and play to our hearts desire. well yeah... if you're on the team with 6 level 120+.

i don't like to waste my time. it's pretty annoying when i'm forced too and i'm sure you can sympathize with me there. people always want to be on the team that's expected to win. well that's fine, but it's usually insignificant since usually it's the lvl 50's and such just trying to get some points.

well now there's all the 100+ players going onto the team with all these high level players. now i'm infuriated when my team has only the people that can barely get anything from a level 3 clay provider. well now one would think, well you should just go on the underdog team and try to skill a lot of clay etc. sounds like a great idea until the base gets overrun and we can't do a thing. it's especially fun when you have a guy you can kill in your sights and you got your dagger and your killin him. then bam! ranger, ancients and 3 meelle guys come out of the fog. i sneezed and missed it all

i'm not using capitals, idiotic language, or acting immature (at least i hope i'm not).

my rant: why must people always side with the winning team when they could have a major influence on the outcome of the game if they were on the underdog?

my solution: somehow make the highest players join the game last. therefore the lower leveled player evenly distribute their levels and such. then when it's even, put them in their respective teams.

it might interfere with people wanting to be with their friends, but i'm mad >:(

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Jagex failed in an attempt at "balance" I'm sorry to say.

Perhaps you could explain how they SHOULD have done it?

Right now, it's balanced by evening out combat and skill levels in the waiting rooms, resulting in teams with virtually identical skills and combat levels (or as close as you can get while still allowing most people to play). Therefore, the team with more skill wins. The only way they could 'balance' it more in the OPs eyes is by making HIS team win every time :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Put simply, one person with 99 magic dose more damage than 2 people with 50 magic.

One person with 99 smithing and mining dose more damage than 2 people with 50 smithing and mining.

I'm not saying i know how to balance it, but i know right now its not balanced.

O.O

Put simply, one person with 99 magic dose more damage than 2 people with 50 magic.

One person with 99 smithing and mining dose more damage than 2 people with 50 smithing and mining.

I'm not saying i know how to balance it, but i know right now its not balanced.

Not true with skills, i.e. 2 mid levels > 1 high level. Combat is balanced as well as it can be with the huge defence hit; it's one of the best examples of balance I've seen in ANY RS minigame. They have it honed very precisely, and there's really no way of looking at one team and predicting who will win. The OP is whining that sometimes his team LOSES despite his valiant efforts :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I donno, it seems levels just matter differently depending on how they are spread out.

Having lots of low level skills, some useless ones like agility and firemaking, etc, and loads of skills below 20 would effectively make those skills useless, but still count towards the skill and combat level count.

And 99 range and hp, is better than 33 range, 33 attack, 33 str, 33 hp, 33 prayer and 33 mage. i think

I know these examples are out there, but it shows that different combinations of skills are worth more than other combinations.

O.O

so lets get this straight.

level 40 all around player X2

level 60 all around player (me)

it's not balanced because: 1. my clay that i harvest (level 4) is worth more than their clay. 2. i can harvest their level clay much faster 3. i can summon a clay familiar that can hold the clay for me, giving me more time to harvest. 4. if i were to harvest their clay, i'd use a tool that is of higher quality, making that much easier to give me an advantage.

by the way, i was first in on a game and i found my levels 600 combat and 814 skills (forgetting some tens digit in cb). agility, fm etc. isn't counted.

1004.png

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

The balance varies from set to set. There is more than one ongoing game on workld 158, so if you find that your set of teams are too unbalanced, wait for them to start their game and try your luck on the next set. You'll only have to wait two minutes for the next game.

As for the way Jagex balances the level: it is open to abuse, or at least min/maxing, but does the job well enough. Those who are more specialized (ie, a skiller or fully combat oriented player) will have a larger impact per player 'footprint' than those with high skills and combat.

sounds like a great idea until the base gets overrun and we can't do a thing

I had that happen once to my team due to bad luck. Fortunately, it was a one-time thing, and we won most of the following games. If it is happening consistantly, switch sets.

by the way, i was first in on a game and i found my levels 600 combat and 814 skills (forgetting some tens digit in cb). agility, fm etc. isn't counted.

Exactly. But your combat level is registered, making it by FAR the best balance possible.

I donno, it seems levels just matter differently depending on how they are spread out.

They do, slightly. But Jagex can't define priority for every single level; the best method is overall. The team with the most skilled players generally wins, given that the skills themselves are balanced between the two.

DeviledEgg24.png

This game used to be my favorite too, but it's pathetic now. It's supposed to be skill/combat but within 5 minutes its combat. I build lvl 4 barriers, I am a huge target. I don't think i am, I know it. Nothing puts a grin on my face faster then hearing "Pile the 91!! He's making lvl 4 barriers!" I get owned fast, buts its still cool to see.

Creator of the Toy Penguin army! Penguin Army Goal: 397/2000 Toy Penguins

f730aecae1.png

This game used to be my favorite too, but it's pathetic now. It's supposed to be skill/combat but within 5 minutes its combat. I build lvl 4 barriers, I am a huge target. I don't think i am, I know it. Nothing puts a grin on my face faster then hearing "Pile the 91!! He's making lvl 4 barriers!" I get owned fast, buts its still cool to see.

That would make you a pretty valuable player, no? Make a barrier and reinforce it from the inside until you run out of material. Every second they spend on you is a second they aren't hunting down the other skillers on your team.

How long can you last?

I also make lvl 4 barriers, but noone ever says "pil the 102@@@@@..." Well, maybe it's because I'm 11 lvls higher then you are, or because I attack them first :S

EisS.gif

this is what happened to castle wars. themed worlds just draw everyone who wants to play, no one plays on their homeworld =\

That's why I stopped playing Castle Wars. Either you get swamped and it's impossible to win, or you Ice Barrage a level 90, and proceed to hold the flag the rest of the game.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

this is what happened to castle wars. themed worlds just draw everyone who wants to play, no one plays on their homeworld =\

That's why I stopped playing Castle Wars. Either you get swamped and it's impossible to win, or you Ice Barrage a level 90, and proceed to hold the flag the rest of the game.

Play worlds 2, 6, 9, 18. The best balance of people; a good enough amount that you need strategy to win, but not so large that your behavior doesn't influence the game in any way.

DeviledEgg24.png

Well Jagex was sort of pressured into make an official world. They even have one for Vinesweeper. You can't blame them for just making everything even, and it's not their fault you don't get on the team with the high levels.

bu that's not what i'm ranting about. i'm ranting that every one flocks to the team with the 130 like a moth to a flame: hence the title. just recently i helped my team destroy the opposing one that had a 120 and 130. i got most kills (and highest score). i'm not mad that there's higher leveled people on the other team, it just makes me infuriated when you got a 7k skill and combat level on one team and on the other you got 10k. it's beyond ridiculous and if you don't believe me, go to a stealing creation world and see for yourself.

if you're a fan of stealing creation and you've played a game with like 10 people on each team, it'll be the best game you'll ever play.

1004.png

No game can freakin balance it's damned teams, it seems. Like in COD4, have you ever played that game in which the other team has 4 gold cross 55'ers and your team has none? Or when everyone on your team sucks and they just seem to be doing nothing? Seriously, companies and games really need to balance the freaking teams.

I agree with you!!! \'

PM me for fitocracy invite

bu that's not what i'm ranting about. i'm ranting that every one flocks to the team with the 130 like a moth to a flame: hence the title. just recently i helped my team destroy the opposing one that had a 120 and 130. i got most kills (and highest score). i'm not mad that there's higher leveled people on the other team, it just makes me infuriated when you got a 7k skill and combat level on one team and on the other you got 10k. it's beyond ridiculous and if you don't believe me, go to a stealing creation world and see for yourself.

if you're a fan of stealing creation and you've played a game with like 10 people on each team, it'll be the best game you'll ever play.

You can't blame Jagex too much then; they already have a balancing mechanism.

Lol that's reminds me my last game.

Me and 4 friends went to sc and try to get in red team (i don't know why all people go to zammy/red/dragon/apple/red things team) xDD, then i say "we should get in blue team, all the people go to red just because they're owning" Ok we go to blue team, 10 mins of skilling, attack time. Omg all the red team using c4-c5 daggers :o vs me and my friends + some people using ancients, so we owned those noobs and smite so they lost the dagger :D

That's my story :)

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

i'm not trying to be snide or anything but i have no idea what happened in that story.

He was on red team.

He went to blue team.

People attacked him with daggers.

They used smite + ancient.

The foes died.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.