hellhound task

homowz

got 190hellhounds as task. is it worth doing or should i cancel?

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

I would block/cancel them, but if you want to bother with getting to them and having to fight others for kills then be my guest.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Personally I love hellhound tasks. They drop nothing but bones, with the occasional level 3 clue. You could probably get 2 or 3 in that task of 190.

A lot of people will probably tell you they are a bad task but I don't think they are. Definitely worth it if you ask me.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Personally I love hellhound tasks. They drop nothing but bones, with the occasional level 3 clue. You could probably get 2 or 3 in that task of 190.

A lot of people will probably tell you they are a bad task but I don't think they are. Definitely worth it if you ask me.

Ya with your 99 defense, your torags, and ess mabey they would be a good task. I did 180 of them and not a single clue scroll... :wall:

do the task, if u hate having to waste food on them, hally them like i do, 190 hounds will give u alot of gold charms and maybe a few clues!

Food barely costs anything...10 Pineapple pizzas which will most likely cover the task if you have a Bunyip, costs 3k if you make it yourself. The clue rewards will cover the cost.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

do the task, if u hate having to waste food on them, hally them like i do, 190 hounds will give u alot of gold charms and maybe a few clues!

Food barely costs anything...10 Pineapple pizzas which will most likely cover the task if you have a Bunyip, costs 3k if you make it yourself. The clue rewards will cover the cost.

Or use bones to peaches and make use of all those bones, since you won't be getting much of anything else.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

My advise i would kill them in the dungeon east of ardougne.

there is 2 hell hounds there and no one ever goes there... try a world with 1500 people so they'll spawn faster gl slaying. ::'

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

Ya with your 99 defense, your torags, and ess mabey they would be a good task. I did 180 of them and not a single clue scroll... :wall:

They were a good task before I got 99 defence. I have loved them forever. True my defence has always been the highest of my 3 combats, but even when I was a lower combat level I would range them.

And for the record I don't use torags there... -.- ... Bandos chest and Dragon skirt jeez lol. Bunny + Guthans for healing.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

They are good cheap XP so I would do them.

Only issue is the worlds are crowded at peak times for some unknown reason. I have a few methods to overcome this:

1. Leave task until a non-peak time.

2. World hop until you find an empty one.

3. Wear cheap prayer gear and pray melee the whole task on a PVP World.

4. Do the task in the Wilderness.

I personally prefer 2 and 4.

Leaving until a non-peak time is silly if you want slayer/melee XP there and then. However I do this sometimes if I have other stuff irl I could be doing.

World hopping is OK in quieter times but you can hop to an empty world, and it becomes full in 5 minutes during peak times. This equates to a lot of wasted time.

PVP Worlds are usually empty but certain PKrs do hunt around the dungeon as a.) They know a lot of people use this spot and they usually carry a vast amount of wealth and b.) They mage from the water obliesk to Catherby. Chances are you will be carrying expensive stat boosting gear (fury, dragon boots etc.) so if you do do this you need to downsize to minimize risk. I prefer praying as Prostelyte and a few prayer pots a far cheaper than full Guthans (which most people will need even with a Bunyip).

They are spaced out in the Wilderness just to the South of the Axe hut. The only danger is from Rev's but if you die you will have a gravestone. Doubt it will come to death though, running and swapping worlds works usually, stick on pro range when you see them and switch in a Fornictyry(sp) Bracelet to avoid the teleblock. As you probably have Guthans with you can heal easily once you've shaken them off. I would add to be aware of what items don't stay with a gravestone, drop these if you know you are going to die as this keeps them (as long as you can get back in time) If a rev kills you it vanishes by the time you get back.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!