Did a drawing and working on another

yaff2

okay so a long while ago i felt like drawing, and i was listening to eminem alot so i drew the song i like most. "When im gone" i like the outcome, though it did get rushed near the end, and is lacking some detail haha, what do you think??

DSC06866.jpg

And this one, is a WIP. Anyone know the song "until the day i die" by story of the year? Well, theres a whole long story behind it with me and this one girl. Long story short, it has a lot of meaning to us, and so i drew one of the lines ''until the day i die, i spill my heart for you" and this is what it looks like as of now, and advice? tips? anything at all

DSC06868.jpg

PS::: Sorry about quality, my scanner is broke so i took the pics with my digital camera

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

No depth, no detail, generally inaccurate. Did you actually look at a picture of an eye/look in a mirror at your own eyes, or just draw how you thought an eye would look?

The eye lashes on the top are the wrong way round, the tear looks flat and has no reflection/refaction, the iris (like Soa stated) is also wrong, add highlights and shadows like Soa did.

Just rework the whole thing, I think it just looks amateurish, the key is detail and depth, which this lacks. Take a picture of an eye and work the features you see into your drawing.

spacescenev24.jpg

Just like everyone says, use some references if you're going to realism. Dayum, just looking in the mirror is good enough.

Also, the heart's lineart is just too choppy and it looks quite squarish. But hey, kudos for involving the pulmonary veins :lol: Well you didn't do ones of the left side ...

Many many examples: http://images.google.co.uk/images?clien ... ages&gbv=2

And I think you're better off looking at dA for eyes.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

i used a reference for both images. the eye started off good but i started to rush it so it looked bad in the end. The heart, im now finished looks quite a bit better after shaded. Thanks for the tips guys ill look into em.

Im starting to get into drawing as a way to help me with anger/sad feelings so any help is appreciated

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust