Lores and Histories: The Chasm of Lights

ArtCrazy

That was quite good. Add me to the list of people predicting that the 150th quest will conclude the goblin storyline.

I doubt she knew about the Stone.

I think you're right. Doesn't the Oracle say "that snake guards more than she knows," or something along those lines?

But she does know that something is down there. I'm pretty sure she's said so herself. Doesn't really matter, if she knows that something is down there, and that something is important to Guthix, she'll place it in high priority.

Maybe she knows a fall like that would kill anybody so she doesen't care about throwing anybody off the edge. Also don't forget, there is only a relatively small plateau down there that leads to the stone, maybe she knows how to throw them into the depths way below that.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

That was quite good. Add me to the list of people predicting that the 150th quest will conclude the goblin storyline.

I doubt she knew about the Stone.

I think you're right. Doesn't the Oracle say "that snake guards more than she knows," or something along those lines?

But she does know that something is down there. I'm pretty sure she's said so herself. Doesn't really matter, if she knows that something is down there, and that something is important to Guthix, she'll place it in high priority.

Guthix has no physical form in this world, and the only thing that you would find if you jumped into the chasm would be certain death. I recommend keeping away from the chasms edge - particularly since more people have been coming to the chasm recently.

Sounds like she doesn't know what's down there.

You gotta add " " around the name for the first quote bracket. I fixed it.

That quote can easily be interpreted on the contrary.

"The only thing that you would find if you jumped into the chasm would be certain death".

Balance Elemental? A level 450 (?) blessed by Guthix can get around to killing people down there.

Recommending that people keep away can be seen 2 different ways: 1) Juna doesn't want people to fall and die, or 2) Juna doesn't want people to accidentally stumble across the Temple of Guthix.

How do you get down the chasm? Using the Sapphire Lantern. How do you get across the chasm? Using the Sapphire Lantern. So pretty much anyone Juna meets POTENTIALLY knows how to get down there, so she would logically want to take every precaution. However, her options are limited because her foremost job is to guard the Tears.

EDIT: I doubt she can be so precise at throwing people into a pit when she's probably never taken a good look down there. I know, I said that a fall would probably kill anyone, but once again, something so important shouldn't rely on such chance.

Juna's job is to guard the tears. She obviously didn't know about the stone, and leaving her post would leave the area to the tears open. Besides, there are other guardians down there. She's aware of it...But it's not her job. And don't forget it IS down damn deep in the cavern...In fact, judging by the skeletons, she HAS thrown people down there. And Juna would know if something came into the cavern that was actually strong enough to survive the fall. She should be able to know that a simple cave goblin isn't that strong.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Very nice read, I always love backstory.

Btw, Dorgan got owned. Poor kid.

As for Juna and the Stone of Jas, I think she knew it was down there, but that's a freaking deep chasm. I doubt anything could survive a fall. Only reason we could get down there was the light creatures.

And now I miss Zanik... :cry:

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

And now I miss Zanik... :cry:
I think there should be enough space in the 150th quest to squeeze in the outcome of Zanik, along with whatever else would go in.

Not a DD, but probably a teaser to indicate that the conclusion to the Dorgeshunn Storyline is coming? Made an enjoyable read either way.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Apparently, Juna the snake thinks that the Dorgeshuun's brave decision to defy their war-god and hide underground was "blasphemy; a betrayal of all that you [the dorgeshuun] are and should be."

I find this a highly unusual point of view, does anyone agree with Juna?

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

Great read, really enjoyed it.

Wasn't Zanik the one who climbed into that chest thingy and disappeared? Hope the next quest continues that storyline.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Apparently, Juna the snake thinks that the Dorgeshuun's brave decision to defy their war-god and hide underground was "blasphemy; a betrayal of all that you [the dorgeshuun] are and should be."

I find this a highly unusual point of view, does anyone agree with Juna?

I was under the impression that what Juna was referring to was that they deny that the gods are real, as well as trivializing them by making them out to be the Dorgeshuun equivalent of the Boogeyman. I doubt the fact that they hid underground has much to do with it.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Juna DID knock people into the chasm. The ancestors of the current Dorgeshuun, anyone remember that? They saw Juna & the Caves, ran straight at her then they went splat. :D

[There wasn't a cutscene, but I recall her or someone else telling that story, plus I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the lore.]

If the 150th quest is the final Dorgeshuun quest, I might come out of retirement. Hopefully we can kick some more HAM butt in this one.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

it is intresting how it describes the cave of tears, is like a huge dome, like if uit was of a very specilistc crafting like baxtorian falls ;)

Too, they talked about a member of the concil we've never seen, plus it has accdepted acces to dorgesh-kaan, i'm preeety sure the new quest perhaps will be teh conlcusion and travel to yiu'biusik.

patopuma.png

Patopuma.png

Er....we've already been to [insert name of goblin plane that nobody, including me, will ever spell correctly] in the latest quest. In fact, the fairy ring tranport can take me there in a minute or so within wherever I happen to be at the moment.

What I want to know is what Bandos did to their world that reduced it to sludge, and how that's connected to his big ol' mystery box that currently holds Zanik.

8f14270694.jpg