Lores and Histories: The Chasm of Lights

ArtCrazy

Still hadn't been posted here, so I thought I should do it, it's not a DD, but it was a fun read...

Juna's part was specially interesting.

A while ago, Reldo met Zanik, the cave goblin adventurer, who was visiting the palace library during one of her trips to the surface. She shared with him a story of her life from the days when Dorgesh-Kaan had yet to make contact with the surface world.

Zanik has not been seen for some time, but Reldo has recently finished writing up the story, and has published it in his Lores and Histories collection as The Chasm of Lights. To read it, just go to the Lores page, which can be found under the Game Guide tab.

Mod John A

RuneScape Content Developer

Read it here:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=chasm_of_lights_1

art_crazy.png

Very interesting.

As far as I can see, it doesn't reveal anything new.

Good read though.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Just finished reading it, didn't reveal anything new really, except that zanik is the reason why we have to use the lights in the tears quest.

It's prety interesting though.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Zanik is a girl...?! Anyways, this is a good read ^^ Only read the first part yet though.

I think this supports my thoughts, that the 150th quest will be the finale of the Goblin storyline.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Ofcourse SHE is. How could you see her as a boy? :P

That was one good story to read. Really good i have to say.

Dunno....just too used to the male main character I guess ::'

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

very nice story, i particularly liked the part with Juna...

Very amusing, she said. A most entertaining spectacle. I shall require all future visitors to perform the same feat.

grrr zanik, thanks for giving Juna the idea.... :lol:

anyways nice job jagex, i hope the 150th quest perhaps ties up the Goblin quests series :pray: :thumbsup: \'

With computers, every morning is the dawn of a new error.

Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

- Mark Twain

'A very enjoyable story. :)

I've never been much for speculation, but I do believe j23t may be right. The concluding Goblin Series quest would be worthy of being the 150th, and this new addition to the Lores and Histories could well be the hint in lieu of a Development Diary.

In any case, I look forward to the next edition, whenever it'll be released.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

If the 150th is the finale of the goblin storyline, it will be the fastest Jagex have ever completed a storyline (apart from spirit of summer).

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

"If you attempt to pass me again, I will send you to the bottom of the chasm.

to reject your god and to hide from him, that is blasphemy

Too bad there wasn't anything about madness or Sparta, but 2/4 is good enough.

Considering how anti-war the Dorgeshuun were, I don't think they'd be fighting many wars against unending legions. They might RUN from unending legions, but never fight them.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Can someone sum it up briefly?

It's about how Zanik first met Juna, and sets up to the Dorgeshuun getting their first glimpse of humanity. This all takes place before the adventurer (your character) completes Tears of Guthix.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Considering how anti-war the Dorgeshuun were, I don't think they'd be fighting many wars against unending legions. They might RUN from unending legions, but never fight them.

I was referring more to the kick.

Hey, if things went as Juna planned, she would've kicked Zanik into a pit :lol:

But that kinda bothers me. Why would she WANT to spend someone closer to the Stone of Jas? Ok sure they'll probably die, but as a Guardian of a god and an immensely powerful artifact, she shouldn't take chances like that.

That was quite good. Add me to the list of people predicting that the 150th quest will conclude the goblin storyline.

I doubt she knew about the Stone.

I think you're right. Doesn't the Oracle say "that snake guards more than she knows," or something along those lines?

frigginacky.png

That was quite good. Add me to the list of people predicting that the 150th quest will conclude the goblin storyline.

I think you're right. Doesn't the Oracle say "that snake guards more than she knows," or something along those lines?

But she does know that something is down there. I'm pretty sure she's said so herself. Doesn't really matter, if she knows that something is down there, and that something is important to Guthix, she'll place it in high priority.

And me.

Even though the only thing making people think quest 150 will be big is the precedent of quest 50 and quest 100 - neither of which ended or even continued any storylines.

That was in my opinion the best of the lores and histories... Perhaps because I am able to associate with it more easily, it being in the recent past and related to a quest series that I have done all of.

But she does know that something is down there. I'm pretty sure she's said so herself. Doesn't really matter, if she knows that something is down there, and that something is important to Guthix, she'll place it in high priority.

Guthix has no physical form in this world, and the only thing that you would find if you jumped into the chasm would be certain death. I recommend keeping away from the chasms edge - particularly since more people have been coming to the chasm recently.

Sounds like she doesn't know what's down there.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!