Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Not much of an update today, blog fans. Between work and family, things have been rather busy for me the past week, so I've gotten very little done. :(

I bought some soft clay and made about 200 Mining Urns, so at least I won't have to worry about that for a little while. I also got this while making them:

[spoiler=Crafting Level 56]craft56.png

craft56a.png

They're actually pretty quick to make. A few runs to the Earth altar, and a few runs back and forth in Draynor and Robert's your mother's brother. :thumbup:

Hopefully I can get some mining done soon.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Awesome work, I've ready every single comment here and everyone seems so nice and very easy going. I've looked at all your goals and achievements and you've been working very hard, your so very close to acievhing your so very close 99 Mining. I hope you get it as soon as possible and you achieve your 'Destiny'. All in all, good luck my Friend.

- Yes, I'm new.

Yikes! It's been a couple of weeks now with no update. Sorry 'bout that everyone. :oops:

Thanks for all your encouragement and support. Hopefully it won't be another two years before I finish my quest...although at this rate, who knows? :lol:

Unfortunately, I've been very busy IRL of late, so I haven't yet reached 98 Mining...but it's very close. Less than 300k xp to go! :grin: Hopefully I can get in some more time this week and make some real progress. I can't have Sonic beating me to 99, now can I? :P

I've found that using the Mining Urns might not be quite as good as I initially thought. They're really good on worlds that are pretty full (1200+), and I can fill 10 of them in about 35 minutes. Trading 10 minutes for 6500xp is pretty darn good when it comes to F2P mining. :) The problem is this slows down dramatically when I go on a emptier world like one of the foreign language servers; it rises to almost 45 minutes to fill 10 urns which means I'm actually losing xp if I do it.

I might experiment with it a bit more, but for now I'm quite happy on the fuller worlds despite the plethora of bots that seem to plague every square inch of Gielinor. Believe it or not, I've found that if I can get on a world with a decent server ping then they don't bother me at all. I'm not sure I should give away all my secrets, but we're all in this together, right? F2P miners of the world unite! Anyway, here's what I do, and it's very simple: if you change up the order you mine the ores, then they don't get any at all!

I'll explain. Imagine the ores next to the resource dungeon...everybody got it? Pink...stop thinking about Emma Watson and focus! Good. Starting closest to the dungeon entrance we'll number them 1, 2 and 3. Normally, I would just mine them 1-2-3 and then run back to start again, but most of the time I would lose out on 2 (I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it has something to do with voodoo). But I've found that if I mine them 2-1-3, and run back to stand next to 1 and 2, then when it spawns again I can grab it before the bot can walk over from 3 and then grab 1 before it can run back around and by then I'm already running over to 3. By doing this, the only ores the bot(s) get is when I run to the deposit box and back. :shades:

It seems a little more complicated than I expected when I write it all down, but it's really not. If anyone wants, I'll post some pics explaining further.

Speaking of pics, I have a merching update for you today. I haven't done much since RWT free trade came back, but about a month ago I put up a really low offer on an Easter Egg in the G.E. for a laugh and then forgot about it. Well, last week it went through! :-o

[spoiler=Easter Egg bought]110712184058.png

After asking for advice on what to do, I decided to sell it and pocket the profit.

[spoiler=Easter Egg sold]eggsell.png

I made a cool 16M on one item. Not too shabby, eh? :grin: I've bought and sold a couple more since then, but made less than 500k total from them. I really don't have the knack of rares flipping yet, but I came out ahead so I really can't complain. Maybe I'll give another shot when I have some more time.

Hmm...this came out a lot longer than I expected. <.< I really need to make more frequent updates. Oh well. *shrug*

Oh, I almost forgot...Happy Cryptic Clue Fest week everyone! I hope you're all looking forward to it as much as I am. Maybe we can crash the TIF servers again! :lol:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Hm...interesting method. My method is just spam-clicking the rocks. I don't know if this actually helps mine rocks faster, but even at 41 mining I could force people to hop worlds who were 60+ mining, and bots wouldn't get any ore either.

How did you ever get such a big cashpile as a pure f2p?

Merching used to be a lot easier. :wink: I'm sure I could still do well with it, I just haven't put much effort into finding some items that work well. Lazy ftw. :lol:

If I get 99 dg before you get 99 mining you owe me cash for my 70 prayer. :thumbup:

(In other words, 10 million gp.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Bring it on! :twisted:

kaida23-sonic3190.png

And what do I get if I win? :wink:

Edit: Oh crap. You gained a level while I was setting up the race sig...what have I gotten myself into? :ohnoes:

It's all in good fun, brother. Besides, what good is money if it just sits in the bank?

If you beat me to 99 in a skill that didn't even exist when I started, I'll give you the 10M just out of sheer respect. <3:

And what is sonic loses? xD

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

He has to try and convince a wealthy person to buy me a white partyhat? :lol:

Seriously though, I just get to avoid the embarrassment of being beaten to 99...and maybe some bragging rights. :wink:

Hehe. Problem is though, that DG rates in f2p are higher than mining. XD

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Yeah, but I've got an almost 1M xp lead on him atm so I should at least be able to beat him to 98. :lol:

Go go go!

You still got that blue?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

So it's been a busy week for me and I've had very little time to get much done in-game. :(

Also, a friend of mine gave me a disc with the entire run of Warren Ellis' Transmetropolitan on it so I've spent a lot of time reading that instead of mining. If you know the series, then you understand why. :wink: If you don't, I highly recommend checking it out. You won't be disappointed.

I was able to get the Cryptic Clue Fest 3 done, and get some fancy new robes.

[spoiler=CCF3]110724172529.png

ccf3a.png

And while mining I got a couple of more random xp lamps which got me this:

[spoiler=Prayer Level 47]110729232033.png

110729232115.png

And since I spend so much time in Falador, I figured that it would only be appropriate to pick up a herald cape...but then discovered I'd only done 2 of the required 11 tasks to unlock the tier 5 options. So I ran around for a bit doing important stuff like climbing to the top of the White Knights' castle and killing a duck in the park, and then spoke to the Falador Herald again and got a shiny new cape.

[spoiler=Falador Herald Cape]faladorcape.png

It should look really good with the tier 5 Duellist's Cap if/when I ever get around to upgrading it again. I may even pick up some trimmed wizard robes to complete the blue and gold ensemble.

Currently, I've got less than 60k xp left to go until I reach level 98. I'm hoping that I can get it later today but my mom is coming over this afternoon and staying for dinner, so I may not have time to get around to it until tomorrow.

You still got that blue?

I sure do, and have no plans to get rid of it until I can replace it with a white p-hat. :)

Wow, looks like you've been at this for a long time :thumbsup: ! And every time you got pulled away by reallifescape, you always managed to make your way back to the mines. Kudos to you, and I hope to see you hit 99 soon \:D/

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

Thanks. You haven't been doing so badly yourself. :)

Last night I took another step closer to my ultimate goal. That's right....*cue dramatic music*...

Level 98!!! :twss: :twss: :twss:

[spoiler=Check it out!]110801231411.png

110801231448.png

It's been one year, one month, and 14 days since my last Mining level and I would like to thank everyone for being so patient and supportive. I never would have made it this far without all of you. <3: Hopefully it won't be another year+ until my next one. :lol:

I've been so busy lately in what Tec has dubed 'realifescape' (that's an awesome term, btw. I'm totally stealing that :wink:) that it's taken me three days to limp my way through the last 60k xp and then today I almost didn't have time to post about it. Seriously, it's 11pm and I only got home from work like 10 minutes ago. :wall: Ah well, tomorrow's another day and hopefully I'll have some time to play then.

Now that my race with Sonic is over, and sooner than I expected (seriously dude, you're a DG god! <3:), my plan to reach 99 and 1000 total is back on track. I think I'm going to reward myself with the last couple of DG levels I need to reach 50, and maybe a couple more after that so I can get an Arcane Blast Necklace. :thumbup:

Oh, I forgot to mention last post -- I joined the official unofficial Tip.It clan. I still get to keep my rank in Advitica, both on our forums and friend chat, but from now on Hyt is my home both in and out of game. :grin:

Until next time, blog fans. May your pick be sharp and your mine free of bots. :^_^: