Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

How the heck do you get so much money lol.

I will pay you money to learn how to make that much money...

I've never had 10% of that, and i'm p2p. icon_wall.gif

It's actually not that hard, and it's even easier once you get your bank set (especially in P2P, you lucky devils with 6 G.E. slots). Since I've had a lot of people ask me about this, I'll explain my system.

Pick a couple of items from the top 100 most traded items, preferably basic consumables like logs, raw fish, ores, runes or pure essence. You want these because you can buy the highest quantities of them, 20-25k, in 4 hrs. The higher up the list, the more that are bought/sold every day. I also like to pick items that are less than 400gp, I've found that any more than that and my system doesn't work very well.

Calculate 2.5% below the current price and adjust for how much the item went up or down that day. Here's an example:

Pure Essence is currently 119gp. 119 x 0.975 = 116.025, so 2.5% below current is 116gp. But it went up 2gp so 116 + 2 = 118. I'd try to buy at 118gp.

When it's time to sell, it's basically the same but now you want 2.5% above the current.

119 x 1.025 = 121.975 + 2 = 123.975. I'd try to sell at 124gp.

Now, I know you can buy an item and turn around and sell it immediately again but I find that takes up a lot of time. Personally, I just set up my buys for the day and let them run until I've either bought all I can, or the G.E. updates. I check Tip.It's G.E. Helper to know when. It's usually once a day. Then adjust my sell amounts for the new prices. I also tend to be fairly aggressive with my pricing, I'd rather loose a couple of gp per item and buy more and have them sell faster than wait for two days for everything to complete. If your items don't start selling within the first hour, lower the price a gp or two (this also depends on how much wiggle room you have) and try again. I like my items to sell within a couple of hours so I can get new buy offers back up as soon as possible.

If you don't have a lot of gp to start with (<1M) try items under 100gp. Actually, that might be a good idea for anyone just starting. Stick to smaller items until you get the hang of it. It's slow going at first, but I found once I hit the 20M mark I was able to regularly get 1M+ in profits a day - and that was during trade restrictions. :grin:

It seems complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it it's really quite easy to do and only takes a few minutes out of your day. The RuneScape toolbar is very helpful in monitoring your progress. I certainly don't miss logging in a dozen times a day just to check on the G.E..

Now, I have one final piece of advice on this: The G.E. is just like the stock market irl, prices go up and down sometimes unpredictably. Don't invest more than you're willing to lose! I've had days where I've made nearly 3M and days where I've lost over 1M. It's very rewarding, but can also be risky. I've had a lot of success, but I give no guarantees. Be sensible and use your heads and I'm sure you'll all do fine.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'm here to help. :grin:

Oh, and don't forget my 30% cut of any profits made. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yikes! Has it really been nearly 3 months since I posted here? Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

Not that there's much progress to report. My fps seems to get worse by the day, fluxing from 12fps all the way down to 1fps. :wall: As I'm sure you can imagine, this makes doing anything pretty much impossible sometimes. <_<

I have made some progress though, and now have only 185k xp left to go until 99 Mining. :grin: Hopefully they get the fps issue under control soon so I can throw a party.

I also rewarded myself with a DG level when I hit the 200k mark

[spoiler=Dungeoneering level 52]dg52.png

I'll do the same at 100k and that will line me up for 99 Mining and 1000 total at the same time. :thumbup:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So I've been jumping on and getting 5k xp here and 10k xp there and before I realized it, I was down to less than 100k xp until 99! :shock: It's getting so close I can almost taste it. Now the question is do I just power through and have a nice big party, crappy FPS rates and all, or do I wait for Optimus and the frame rate fix they've been promising us?

I'm kind of leaning towards just saying the heck with it and having the party anyway. Jagex is great at promising stuff they never seem to deliver on. <_<

So now that I've reached the 100k mark, I'm off to gain another level in something else before pushing onward with the final leg of my journey. The road has been long and hard and often fraught with peril (or at least lengthy periods of inactivity and dust gathering :lol: ), but the end is nigh! Soon I shall have clawed my way to the pinnacle the mountain that is Mining. Soon all will bow before my awesomeness. Soon it shall be time for bed 'cause it's almost 1am! :P

Considering how awesome RuneSpan is I'm thinking I'll be getting another RC level instead of a DG level. It's just so much fun and so very cool to look at.

It is late so I must bid you all adieu for now, but worry not. I'll have another update soon. G'night.

:D I'd wait till optimus tbh, more fun and attendance that way.:)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So the day after I complain about probably having to hold off on my party because of the crappy framerates, Jagex fixes it and now the game is running like it was pre-nuke for pretty much everyone. It must be a sign - even Jagex thinks I should have my party soon! :grin:

But both they and you will have to be a bit more patient, I'm not quite there yet. I've been making progress this week and now have exactly 50k xp to go.

50kleft.png

:blink:

It's almost unbelievable that I've gained nearly 13 million Mining xp. In F2P.

I must press forward and not falter now, for soon I shall join the ranks of the greatest miners in all of Gelinior. My final goal is at hand and mine eyes will see the glory.

But first mine eyes took a break from mining to see the mind bending landscape of RuneSpan and a new RC level! :thumbup:

[spoiler=Runecrafting level 57]rc57.png

Jagex have given us the greatest F2P skill update ever. It's fast, easy, afk'able and (so far at least) has lots of other people around to chat with while you train. I think I'm going to be spending time there when I'm done with Mining.

When I get a bit closer to finishing I'll figure out when I'm going to have my party. I'll be posting the details at least a week in advance, and it will probably be on a weekend, so none of you will have any excuse for not coming to make me the center of attention for a little while. :shades:

Greetings loyal followers!

Today I logged in on my lunch break to check out the new updates and claim my rewards for being a good citizen of Gielinor by having my email registered and verified. Not only did Diango give me an xp lamp and a nifty cape with a big wax seal on the back, but for my security-mindedness I have also been awarded with a title so that all may know my greatness.

[spoiler= 'V' for 'very cool' ]thereal.png

You may now refer to me as "The Real" Kaida23. No, no. There's no need to get down on one knee in my awesome presence, merely bowing will suffice. :P I also haven't quite decided what I'm going to use the xp lamp on, so for now it's sitting safely in my bank. Yes, it's bankable. I was just as surprised as you are.

Since I was in Draynor anyway, I decided to give the new bonfires a try. I have to say it's a pretty nice update; much easier than making lines of fires, but not quite as dramatically skill changing as RuneSpan was. Star X Ice (aka: Ilufyou) even stopped by when she was done mining and we cut and burned willow logs for a bit until I had to go back to work.

As for Mining and my quest for the elusive 99, I'm down to only 15k xp so watch for an official party announcement in the next couple of days! :grin:

Uh, interesting cape/title ;)

I shall endeavor to be at your Mining party :thumbsup:

*Will bring iron ore as a 99 present, just for the lols*

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

Hi Kaida!

U won't believe me. but I just read your whole blog. and I mean your WHOLE blog!

And It made me smile alot..

However I found out that I didn't post here as much as I tought. I'm so sorry about that!

You're such a pro.

I'm really glad to see that you almost reached your goal.

And even now, I don't quiet now what to say..

I'm just your silent and secret mistress ^^.

P.S. thanks about reminding me about the quest rewards I can get! I never knew that.

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Aww. Thanks, luf. <3: I'm glad you enjoyed it and that I was able to help you out with some more rewards. :grin:

I'm going to sit down and go over the whole thing myself pretty soon. Now that I'm almost at the end, I want to have a look at how everything has progressed since I started. There have been plenty of changes over the years, and sometimes it's good to look back every so often.

As Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I realize that I've been tilting at this particular windmill of mine for a good long time now, so now that I'm almost there I figure it's a good time to pause for moment's reflection before taking the final steps.

I also have to admit I'm slightly apprehensive about this, and I think it might be because I've been working towards this for long. 99 Mining has been the focus of my time in RuneScape since I joined TIF, and now that it's almost here I find myself unsure about actually reaching it. Perhaps it's a fear of success, or perhaps it's simply that I'm worried that without a goal I'll drift away again. :ohnoes:

Hopefully that won't happen, but I'm not about to let worry stop me. This has been a long and hard climb, and victory will be mine. The summit is within reach and nothing will stop me from ascending and taking my rightful place amongst the mighty.

And Kabe, you better come. Otherwise I might have to smote you with the Pick of the Gods!

...that's a thing, right? Everyone gets one when they reach 99, like a badge of office? :lol:

And Kabe, you better come. Otherwise I might have to smote you with the Pick of the Gods!

...that's a thing, right? Everyone gets one when they reach 99, like a badge of office? :lol:

Uh yeah, totally.

It's not like the only reward is a cape (which certainly doesn't cost 99k and is available to only the upper-class members) and the pride of being called a bot :unsure:

Also, if you're worried about lacking a goal...20m exp :mellow: ?

vP6O8.png

Now that's a heck of an idea. Should only take me, what, a few months? Tops? Max F2P by Christmas! You heard it here first! :lol:

Seriously though, I probably will go for it some day. But for now I'm content to just keep playing and gaining the levels as they come. Smithing will be the next 99 I go for, but not with the single-minded focus I had for Mining.

The next couple of weekends are pretty busy for me so I'm still trying to sort out when I'm going to have my party. As soon as I get it figured out I will let you all know. :)

Ok, great big post time. But it will all be worth it, I promise. :wink:

Today, I logged in to see if the Squeal was still giving out the monkey prizes and hopefully win myself a mace. Much to my surprise, not only were they still there but I actually got one! :shock: Being F2P I never get anything good from the SoF, so I was pleasantly surprised.

[spoiler=Monkey madness, F2P style!]monkeymace.png

While I was there I thought that I really should get my Mining down as far as I can in preparation for the party.

almosttherev.png

Yes, I said "party"! I've finally decided on where and when and how, so I will be posting that next. Hopefully you all can come. :grin:

I've been hacking around the last few days, doing a bit of this and a bit of that, and all my non combat skills are now less than 100xp away from leveling. The one exception is DG, which is about one floor away, but due to the unpredictability of the xp rates I'm not willing to risk it. Once my party is complete, I will be going on a leveling rampage for at least a day. 10 levels in a day? I don't think I've gained that in the last 10 months! :lol:

Ah well, soon all will come to fruition. I will have gained achieved Mining godhood and will once again be free to roam the countryside at will.

I also finished purchasing the items I wanted to give away at my party (again, details in the next post) and started buying the nature runes I will need to superheat all the iron ores I have. I'm hoping the impending Bot Nuke II (aka: Optimus) will drive the prices of things like iron up again so I can make a hefty profit from selling the bars.

Speaking of which, would you all like to see how much ore and gems I've mined over the course of this blog? Of course you would, what a silly question. :P

[spoiler=Warning: Not for the faint of heart...]miningprofit.png

Even I can hardly believe it. I've been saving my gems all along, bust imagine how much more ore there could have been if I had started this after the resource dungeons were released. Still, I'm glad to have so much potential xp at hand. The ores will be smelted and probably smithed, and the gems will be cut and made into jewelry.

But now I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me ramble on about this and that. You want to know about the party, right? Want to know how you can shower me with praise and affection and admiration and gifts? Well, the wait is almost over. Just go to the next post and read all about it!

Hope to see you there. :)

bannerkp.png

Sunday ~ June 3, 2012 ~ 4pm EST (GMT -5)

W61 ~ Dwarven Mine

blu_1338753600.png

That's right ladies and gentleman and Lords and Ladies...wait, I said ladies already didn't I? Anyway, the time is finally here. Time for me to complete my climb to the pinnacle of Mining greatness. I am, of course, talking about my 99 Mining party! Woo! Not only will I be getting 99 Mining, but 1000 total at the same time. \:D/

I've given this a lot of thought over the last few weeks as I've gotten closer and closer and I've decided that it's only right that my journey finish where it began.

Back in 2005 when I was introduced to RuneScape by Cathosas, an old High School friend who has long been retired, and Darthgerm, his stepson, we had it in our heads that mining and then smithing our ores was a good way to make money. Going to the Dwarven Mine below Falador, we started mining copper and tin. Once we had a full load, we would take that to the furnace by the bank to smelt it, then run back down into the mine to smith it, and finally take what we had made to either the general store or the appropriate shop to sell. Sitting in a room together talking and laughing, we did this over and over again, sharing the gold we collected so we could buy better picks from Numorf and making each other bronze armor as we progressed.

Ah, it was a simpler time where we knew nothing of how armor would use up our run energy faster, the furnace in Al-Kharid, the anvil in West Varrock, xp-waste or even how to get more cash for what we made, but we didn't care. We were just having a great time playing RuneScape, with dreams of untold riches dancing in our heads.

Fast forward 6 and a half years, and my journey has come full circle. From making my own bronze armor in the depths of the Dwarven Mine, to the excitement of accessing the Mining Guild for the first time (bolstered by a Dwarven Stout, of course :wink: ), to dodging Revnants and PK'ers in the wild while searching for the elusive Runite ore, and finally back once again to where it all began.

Before I go into all the details, I would like to say a very big thank you to Lady Shahdie. Without her inspiration this never would have happened. <3:

Ok, enough reminiscing. Here's how it's all going to go down:

~~ PARTY DETAILS ~~

Everybody will bring at least one log (explained later) and we will all meet here in the Dwarven Mine beneath Falador

mapft.png

The scorpions near the Falador entrance are easily avoided so if any of you are level 3 skillers there's no need to worry. There will be a 5 minute grace window to allow for stragglers and then at the appointed time, we'll all get ready and then I will mine one Tin and one Copper ore to push me over the top and level up to 99. Once I get my 99, everyone will light their logs (separately please, no bonfires) and we'll see how much of the area we can light up!

After letting our inner pyromaniac off the chain, we will all conga line back to the surface and into the party room where we will rock out with Party Pete and I will thank you all by hosting a drop party! :grin: The TIF community and my blog followers have been so good to me over the course of this journey that I want to give something back to say thank you. <3:

I will be dropping the following into the party chest for some lucky people to claim as their own:

ani2.gif

In addition, I will also be dropping 100 Coal, Silver, Gold, Mithril and Adamantite ores along with 15 Runite ores and 50 uncut Sapphires, 25 uncut Emeralds, 15 uncut Rubies and 5 uncut Diamonds. I will be spreading all this out over several drops, so it doesn't all come to an end too soon. Anyone else who wants to add to the pot is of course welcome to but it is not expected.

We shall party there until we all get smashed on stouts and ales until we all wander away once again. So tell your friends, tell your enemies, and tell Party Pete to watch out 'cause we're coming to rock the Room! :P

I hope to see you all there to celebrate this momentous achievement with me. :)

cheers2.png

Cheers!

As Polarbearblu so kindly pointed out, I had forgotten to indicate which world the festivities will be happening in. I know, I know...of all the things to forget, right? :oops:

It's going to be on W61 and I've corrected the party post to reflect that. Thanks for the heads up 'blu. <3:

Hope to see you all there. :)

I shall endeavor to be there :thumbsup:

GMT-5 means behind GMT time by five hours right :rolleyes: ?

Drop party? When I can't pick stuff up :blink: Meh well :ohnoes:

vP6O8.png

99 Mining time! :D

I WILL be there!!! :^_^:

I didn't expect a drop party, but be sure I'll stay for that part and steal the drops from everyone try to get something :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it :)

-Med-

Medaragon.png