Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

X D that made me lol, it does take FOREVER to fill a mining urn using just clay. I usualy make my own urns and do the same thing, bring a mining urn, and i keep making urns until it's completely full, but usually find myself wishing for sweet release long before it's even at 90%.

Grats on the level ups by the way :)

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Congrats kaida! You've been on a torrid pace lately!

Thanks. :grin: I expect it's going to slow down somewhat now that I'm back to superheating for the next little while. Don't worry though, it will pick up again before too long, I still want to get all my non-combats up to at least 70 so that means I will be returning to the depths of Dameonheim soon enough. ;)

Grats on the level ups by the way :)

Thanks. :grin:

X D that made me lol, it does take FOREVER to fill a mining urn using just clay. I usualy make my own urns and do the same thing, bring a mining urn, and i keep making urns until it's completely full, but usually find myself wishing for sweet release long before it's even at 90%.

Right? And I'm going to be doing it again soon as I've already gone though about 3/4 of them and only made about 5k steel bars. Oh well, I guess anybody crazy enough to pick Mining as their first F2P 99 is crazy enough to stick with mining enough clay to fill an urn every time he needs new ones. :lol: Not to mention crazy enough to make his own urns in the first place. ;)

Sorry for the lack of updates this week everyone, it's been crazy busy at work and irl.

Shell Canada has been upgrading their systems to accept chip cards (which I've been overseeing since late July but this week has been just nuts), which means new hardware systems in all of their pumps. While the overtime has been really good for my bank account, I certainly won't be sorry to see the end of this one. I leave the house at 6am and I'm lucky to be home before dark most days. :wacko: At least by the time I get home my SoF spins have reset. :P

On Wednesday, my son fell off his bike and I had to leave to take him to the hospital (fortunately, the hospital near me has relatively short wait times. If I'd taken him to CHEO in Ottawa, we'd probably still be there <_<). Don't worry, he's fine. He got three stitches in his chin and hopefully a lesson learned. Thus are the dangers of teaching an 11 year old boy about Evel Kinevel. :lol:

I should be able to do a proper update later tonight or tomorrow. Not too much to report, but I have gained a couple of levels and visited Botany Bay. Full details in the next post. Hopefully by then I'll also have done the new quest which I'm hearing good things about.

That's all for now, folks. My lunch is over so it's time to get back to work.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

As promised, here is my official update, blog lovers! |^_^|

Since I've been superheating this week, there haven't been quite so many new levels as last week but I still managed to get a couple.

[spoiler=79 Magic]

magic79a.png

magic79b.png

[spoiler=80 Magic and 74 Combat]

magic80cb74a.png

magic80cb74b.png

[spoiler=79 Smithing]

smith79a.png

smith79b.png

I'm planning to get at least 80 Smith before returning to Dungeoneering. Hopefully it won't take too long.

I also did the new Ozan quest, Stolen Hearts, this morning and I have to say I was very impressed. Now I know what all the fuss was about with the last couple of members quests. The voice acting and the story were excellent (if a bit Princess Bride-ish). I can't remember the last time I had my sound on, so I was really surprised at how nice everything sounded (I turned it off long ago while Mining. There's only so much *tink, tink, tink* you can listen to <_<). Best of all, I got to acrobat my way across the rooftops of the newly redone Al Kharid!

kaidaacrobat.png

This is probably as close to Agility training as I'll ever get, unless they add it to a holiday event again. I actually got so engrossed in the cutscenes after that, I forgot to take more pictures. :oops:

No new quest points, but I did get two more SoF spins...which I just realized I totally forgot to use. :wall:

stolenhearts.png

Oh well. The lamp I did get, I obviously spent on Prayer. The new Al Kharid looks great. They did an excellent job on it. It will be a real treat to train Crafting there again.

But for now, it's back to standing in the bank and turning iron and coal into steel with nothing but a fancy stick, some decorative stones and the awesome power of my mind! :lol:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Saturday night, I was in Al Kharid (I still can't get over how good it looks there) when I got this:

[spoiler=81 Magic]

magic81a.png

magic81b.png

And then yesterday I ran out of urns so I was back in the Crafting Guild making more when this happened:

[spoiler=67 Crafting]

craft67a.png

craft67b.png

Woot! I can now cut the single most valuable gem in all of Gielinor! \:D/ ...if I ever become a member, that is. ;)

I'm about 2/5 of the way to 80 Smithing, so hopefully I can get there by the end of the week.

Thanks, Medi! :grin: The new quest is pretty good, and we have another one coming out this month. Two new quests in as many months, I'm starting to feel like a member! :lol:

I also noticed that the new quest gave me quest points. The last quest I did was Christmas 2011 and I only had 42 points then, but now I have 45. I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but usually reworked quests don't give any. Gunnar's Ground certainly didn't. Perhaps I should get Shield of Arrev done before they rework it too. :P

Speaking of quests, if any of you haven't done Doric's Quest yet (and there's no reason you shouldn't have, it's 1300 Mining xp for zero effort) you should do it now before it gets redone. ;) I'm looking forward to the new quest, especially the Smithing/Mining xp boost.

As expected, I haven't been gaining new levels at quite the torrid pace as when I was in the dungeons but I did manage to get a couple more last night.

[spoiler=82 Magic]

magic82a.png

magic82b.png

[spoiler=80 Smithing]

smith80a.png

smith80b.png

I'm now only 15 levels away from 1100 total. \:D/

I have about 50 Smithing urns left so I'm going to finish using them up and then decide if I'm going to keep pressing on with superheating or descend back down into Daemonhiem for a bit. Superheating Rune bars is extremely profitable right now, so I'm becoming sorely tempted to simply use some of the Iron ore at Artisan's and sprint the last few levels to 85. Especially since I'd really like my second 99 to be Smithing and not Magic.

It's certainly something for me to think about. :-k

I made my choice. I did the whole being-paitent-while-grinding-through-level-after-level-of-tedious-and-repetitive-clicking thing while training Mining, so I've started using the Artisan's Workshop to get to 85 Smithing as fast as possible. I've made enough steel bars to make back what I spent on coal, so I'm just burning through the piles of ores sitting in my bank by using Steel Ingot III.

The xp is incredible, and shortly after crossing the 25,000,000 total xp mark,

23Mtotalxp.png

I got two new levels! \:D/

[hide=81 Smithing]

smith81a.png

smith81b.png

[/hide]

[hide=82 Smithing]

smith82a.png

smith82b.png

[/hide]

I also did some calculating and figure that I'll still have almost 2/3 of the ores I started with once I get to 85, so that will be a whole lot of coal for making Runite bars. :grin:

I'm getting pretty good at making ceremonial swords as well. My last couple have been 97% and 98% and each got me a cut diamond!

Hopefully, I can get to at least 83 Smith tonight but I'm coming down with something and have been feeling pretty crappy all day so I may just go to bed early. I guess we'll see what the rest of day brings.

I wish. Unfortunately, I've been feeling worse all day. :( I'm glad tomorrow is a holiday so I have another day to rest and try to get better.

On the up side, I was able to get to 85 Smithing today!

[spoiler=83 Smithing]

smith83a.png

smith83b.png

[spoiler=84 Smithing]

smith84a.png

smith84b.png

[spoiler=85 Smithing]

smith85a.png

smith85b.png

Steel ingot III is wicked fast, and I've still got a whole boatload of coal and iron left over to do with as I will.

Now I'm going to buy Runite ore 1-2k at a time and start making some serious superheating profit! :grin:

But first, it's off to bed wrapped snugly in the warm syrupy embrace of Mr. NyQuil. -_-

Hooray for us sick newbs, I've also been sick for ages (first with a throat infection, now an ear infection [think I'm just infected all around]).

Great job on the level ups. Start working on your lower stats too, don't leave em hanging. Gonna be a pain in the end otherwise :P

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

I don't want to leave them hanging, but I've never really enjoyed training combat. Of course, it's been so long since I did it outside of DG perhaps my opinion of it will change.

But not for at least the next couple of weeks. TFS is having a Smithing competition, and that's right up my alley! :grin: I probably won't win, but it's all in good fun.

Over the weekend I got another Magic level and reached combat level 75! \:D/

[spoiler=83 Magic and 75 Combat]

magic83cb75a.png

magic83cb75b.png

I'm less than 100k from another Smithing level as well. Hopefully I'll get that later tonight.

Superheating Rune bars is not only lots of xp, but lots of gp as well. I've made over 10M in profit so far. Of course, it helps that I still had tons of coal and nats left over. ;)

Congrats on the level ups Kaida, some mighty impressive stats you're getting ;)

Superheating rune is indeed epic profits.... I'll have to start doing that again myself as well when I get the chance :P

Didn't realize till that last screenie that you had me added in-game by the way, I'll make sure to add you as well when I get the chance :)

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Thanks Slaya. :grin: I love your new sig. :thumbup:

We added each other back when I had my 99 Mining party and you're still in my list. Water Tablet is too. I ran into her a lot at Artisan's. She recently got 92 Smithing, btw. Congrats again, Glacy!

Speaking of leveling up, last night brought levels aplenty! A couple of random xp lamps brought me this:

[spoiler=52 Prayer]

pray52a.png

pray52b.png

And a couple thousand Rune bars brought me these:

[spoiler=86 Smithing]

smith86a.png

smith86b.png

[spoiler=84 Magic and Combat 76]

magic84cb76a.png

magic84cb76b.png

I'm getting 50-60k smith and magic xp/hr, so it's probably going to be a couple more days before I gain any more levels. I'm averaging 1000-1100 bars an hour, which I figure is pretty good. I've heard upwards of 1500 is possible, but those people must be crazy fast to be able do it. Or maybe just plain crazy. :lol:

Now it's back to turning piles of rock into pretty blue bars, and turning those into piles of pretty gold coins. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes! Has it really been two weeks since I posted here last? I guess I've been busier than usual. :oops:

However, as I'm sure many of you know, I've not been idle in RS. No, quite the opposite.

I gained several Magic and Smithing levels:

[hide=85 Magic]

magic85a.png

magic85b.png

[/hide]

[hide=87 Smithing]

smith87.png

smith87b.png

[/hide]

[hide=86 Magic and 77 Combat]

magic86combat77a.png

magic86combat77b.png

[/hide]

Then did the updated Doric's quest, "What's Mine is Yours":

whatsmineisyours.png

Which wasn't nearly as impressive as "Stolen Hearts", but nice nonetheless. I really liked the back story they added to Doric's character. I just wish non-members were able to do more of the post quest tasks. I could have used that extra Smithing xp. :(

Speaking of which, I gained a couple more Smithing and Magic levels before and during the bxp, and bypassed total level 1100! :grin:

[hide=88 Smithing]

smith88a.png

smith88b.png

[/hide]

[hide=87 Magic]

magic87a.png

magic87b.png

[/hide]

[hide=89 Smithing and 1100 total!]

smith89a.png

smith89b.png

[/hide]

[hide=88 Magic and 78 Combat]

magic88andcombat78a.png

magic88andcombat78b.png

[/hide]

But my biggest gains during the bxp were in Prayer. I wasn't going to spend money on big bones, but after speaking with a couple of my clanmates, I decided to give it a try and before I knew it I'd bought enough to gain several more levels. :o

[hide=53 Prayer]

pray53.png

[/hide]

[hide=54 Prayer]

pray54a.png

pray54b.png

[/hide]

[hide=55 Prayer]

pray55a.png

pray55b.png

[/hide]

[hide=56 Prayer]

pray56a.png

pray56b.png

[/hide]

[hide=57 Prayer]

pray57.png

[/hide]

[hide=58 Prayer]

pray58.png

[/hide]

[hide=59 Prayer]

pray59a.png

pray59b.png

[/hide]

[hide=60 Prayer and 79 Combat]

pray60combat79a.png

pray60combat79b.png

[/hide]

As you can see, I made excellent use of the bonus weekend. I figure it saved me nearly 1M gp in big bones. :thumbsup:

I tried as best I could, but ended the bxpw about 70k xp short of another Smithing level which I got earlier tonight.

[hide=90 Smithing]

smith90a.png

smith90b.png

[/hide]

Superheating Rune bars has been not only killer xp, but is insanely profitable. I've gained about 40M since starting and I'm up over 130M now. \:D/ I think I might take a break from Smithing for a bit to do some other stuff. I still want to get Dungeoneering and Crafting up to at least 70 to bring all my non-combats up to 70+.

Wow, this ended up being a LOT longer than I intended. I really need to start posting updates in a timely fashion again. Of course, that's easier said than done with me. :P

Kaida you so pro <3

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Very nice achievements over the weekend. How many hours did you rack up in total during the weekend?

Thanks. :) I don't recall exactly, but I think it was around 16 hours or so.

90 Smithing! You're an animal Kaida. Hope you've been well, and keep grinding!

Thanks. :) I've been as well as can be expected. Unfortunately, I've been home sick for a couple of days which meant that I couldn't take my kids out for Halloween last night. First time ever. :(

Kaida you so pro <3

That's me, the most pro noob you'll ever read about. :P

Since I've been home sick, I decided to do some DG and gained a couple more levels and a Crafting level.

[hide=61 Dungeoneering]

dg61a.png

dg61b.png

[/hide]

[hide=62 Dungeoneering]

dg62a.png

dg62b.png

[/hide]

[hide=68 Crafting]

craft68a.png

craft68b.png

[/hide]

[hide=63 Dungeoneering]

dg63a.png

dg63b.png

[/hide]

I even unlocked a couple more floors. Only 3 more to go. :grin:

I also got my fastest floor time yet!

fastdg.png

\:D/

I'm still trying to balance my desire to get as much xp as possible against my desire to finish floors as quickly as possible. I also seem to be woefully inadequate against a couple of the bosses, Rammernaught and Shadow-forger Ihlakhizan in particular. Everyone else I can generally kill without dying, but those two seem to kill me at least three times whenever I fight them. -.-

Oh well, I'm going to do some more today and hopefully I'll have better luck.

Oh, and for the first time yesterday I noticed the 'skip' arrow on the floor end screen. I figured it must have been something new, but I looked back over my old pics and it seems to have always been there. All this time, I've been staring at that screen after each floor watching it count off the bonuses and xp like an idiot. :wall:

Like I said, the most pro noob you'll ever read about. :lol:

Since I was home sick again yesterday, I did some more DG. And shortly before I leveled up, I read this month's BTS and found out that they're going to increase the xp rates for solo'ers...after I had spent two days training...solo. Gf me. :wall:

Oh well. Since I was close to leveling up anyway I decided to finish, and got a couple of other levels along the way.

[hide=58 Attack]

attack58.png

[/hide]

[hide=58 Defense]

defence58.png

[/hide]

[hide=64 Dungeoneering]

dg64.png

[/hide]

I think I'm going to wait until they release the xp update to do more. Especially if it's going to double for solo like they say it will.

Since DG wasn't an option I headed to the G.E., bought a bunch of gold bars, did some Crafting in Al Kharid and got the last two levels I was aiming for.

[hide=69 Crafting]

craft69a.png

craft69b.png

[/hide]

[hide=70 Crafting]

craft70a.png

craft70b.png

[/hide]

Now the only non-combat skill I have below 70 is Dungeoneering. :thumbsup:

I'm not too sure what I'm going to train now. I want to get back to superheating, but don't want to burn myself out focusing on it like I did Mining. Fortunately, I'm not limited to trying to hit a specific total level this time. I could always go train wc or fm, I haven't really done either of those in a while. Or maybe I'll train Ranged for a bit and raise it from "noob" to "meh". :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Dag. It's been far too long since I updated this. Of course, now that I'm in the 90's on both Magic and Smithing the levels are taking longer to achieve so I haven't gotten a whole lot of new levels in the last 9 days.

What's that you say? Magic in the 90's? That's right! I've gained two Magic, one Smithing and one combat level since posting last.

[hide=89 Magic]

magic89a.png

magic89b.png

[/hide]

[hide=91 Smithing]

smith91a.png

smith91b.png

[/hide]

[hide=90 Magic and 80 Combat]

magic90cb80a.png

magic90cb80b.png

[/hide]

I actually got those last two a few days ago and I'm now less than 200k xp from leveling both again, which I should easily be able to get in the next couple of days (I've been making at least 2k Rune bars every day). Which works out nicely with the Dungeoneering xp update that should be coming this week. Half way to 99 Smith should be a good place to stop for a bit and finally get 70 DG.

I've also started flipping rares while superheating (thanks to a wonderful guide one of my clanmates made. Thanks Stormy! <3:), and I'm averaging about 1.2-1.5M profit a day. :thumbsup: And that's not including the profit gained from making the bars. I've got 142M so it's only green and blue masks and santas atm, but in the next couple of days I should be able to start including red masks as well. I've found the trick, for me anyway, is not to be greedy. The only time I really lose is when I try to be greedy, and when I lose I lose big. Like 1M+ big. Like completely negate a day's flipping big. :wall: So for now, I'm happy with small, regular profits making the cash pile progressively bigger.

btw - I just made 500k flipping two green masks while typing this post. ;)

Now it's back to making pretty blue bars out of the power of my increasingly awesome mind. :P

Thanks, Med. |^_^|

So, slight change of plans blog fans. I will not be diving into this week's Dungeoneering updates as originally planned. TFS's monthly skilling competition has started, and this month's skill is Runecrafting so I'll be spending the next fortnight in the semi-afk bliss known as Runespan! :thumbsup:

I was able to power my way through the last couple hundred thousand xp on Sunday (over 4k bars in a day! :shock:) and made it to 91 Magic and 92 Smithing before abandoning my position in G.E. for more technicolor surroundings.

[hide=91 Magic]

magic91a.png

magic91b.png

[/hide]

[hide=92 Smithing]

smith92a.png

smith92b.png

[/hide]

I also managed to squeeze some more flipping in and now have over 145M in cold hard cash. \:D/ Pretty soon I'll be able to spend my days Scrooge McDuck'ing it up in my very own personal money vault. :lol: Oh, flipping will also be put on hold for the next little while as I really don't want to be running back and forth between the 'Span and the G.E.. Yes, I'm just that lazy. :P

Last night's 'Spanning was very productive and I gained two more levels. :grin:

[hide=71 Runecrafting]

rc71.png

[/hide]

[hide=72 Runecrafting]

rc72a.png

rc72b.png

[/hide]

Now let's see how many more I can get. :twisted:

Runespan has been going great! I've gained three more levels so far and I should hit another one later tonight. :grin:

[hide=73 Runecrafting]

rc73.png

[/hide]

[hide=74 Runecrafting]

rc74a.png

rc74b.png

[/hide]

[hide=75 Runecrafting]

rc75a.png

rc75b.png

[/hide]

I don't know how much time I'll have over the weekend, but I'm hoping I can get another level or two.

Apparently when I said I was hoping for "another level or two" this weekend, what I really meant was four. :grin:

[hide=76 Runecrafting]

rc76a.png

rc76b.png

[/hide]

[hide=77 Runecrafting]

rc77a.png

rc77b.png

[/hide]

[hide=78 Runecrafting]

rc78a.png

rc78b.png

[/hide]

[hide=79 Runecrafting]

rc79.png

[/hide]

Not bad for 6 days of hanging out in Runespan. ;) I got over a million RC xp this week. Let's see it I can do it again!

This morning, I was driving to my first job when some idiot in a BMW pulled right out in front of me. I had no time to stop and crashed right into his driver side door. We were both okay, but both vehicles were cracked up pretty good. Fortunately, the officer who responded decided that he was at fault (and he was, I had the right of way) and even gave him a ticket for it! :lol: But now the front of my nice new truck (which I've had for about six months) is all smashed in, the tire is flat and the radiator is leaking. On top of that I'll be without a vehicle for work for who knows how long.

Here's what it looks like:

[hide]

photo.jpg

[/hide]

:(

Oh yeah, today was also the day that my ex-girlfriend came to pick up her dog and the rest of her stuff so when I got home I had one less dog to greet me, a few less pieces of furniture and a lot less cookware.

Mondays. :wall: