Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Thanks guys. :)

Slaya, the loadout works great. I have a little trouble sometimes with it, but my melee skills are much lower than yours so I guess that's to be expected. Strangely enough though, it's only the floor monsters I'm having trouble with. I've been ripping through the bosses like nobody's business.

With my newfound boss slaying abilities, I was able to get these:

[hide=65 Dungeoneering]

dg65a_zpsa685148a.png

dg65b_zps8e57f975.png

[/hide]

[hide=66 Dungeoneering]

dg66_zpsd2468261.png

[/hide]

Now, you may have noticed that last floor took over 20 minutes. That's because my laptop's wireless internet connection has been all sorts of ass-tastic this week. It keeps dropping in and out, which has made floors a thin slice of hell. It actually disconnected completely on me while I was fighting a boss once and when I logged back in, it was dead and I had almost no life left. I'd have given up, but I was so close to leveling that I just decided to push through it.

Hopefully this clears up soon so I can finish getting my DG up to 70.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I really like your blog and how organised it is! And kudos to you for being all F2P - takes a lot of patience (however that kudos does not count towards Varrock Museum xD).

I am F2P atm as well and want to do a bit of DG before going members. What binds would you recommend if I want to focus on ranged (Melee and Magic 75s, Ranged 57 >.<)?

Good luck with your progress and such :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Marquis. :)

It's been a few weeks now and unfortunately due to my connection issues I've only gained one level.

[hide=67 Dungeoneering]

dg67a_zps89f4d540.png

dg67b_zpse872c27b.png

[/hide]

The whole thing really put me off of playing, so I've been doing less and less but I was bound and determined to at least finish the level. I'm going to go back to superheating again for a while. The connection issue didn't affect it too much before, so hopefully it hasn't gotten any worse.

Here's hoping that next month's skilling competition is something afk'able. :lol:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Connection issues are the scourge of runescape.... there is pretty much nothing more annoying then being repeatedly disconnected, especially during time sensitive skills like Dungeoneering.

Congrats on the level-up :) Hopefully the issue sorts itself out so you can get many more!

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Here's a small one to tide you over for a bit. ;)

I did the redone Demon Slayer quest this week.

demonslayer_zpsf1a33e3f.png

It's not quite as good as the old one, but making the demon go kerplooie at the end was pretty cool.

The reward lamps also gave me this:

[hide=63 Constitution]

con63_zps9a481ae2.png

[/hide]

I started fishing lobsters the other day while waiting for my superheating supplies to buy and was really enjoying it. I've caught 1k of them and now I'm going to cook them all before I start making Rune bars again.

I'll post the fish/cook level up pics once they're all done. Should be sometime later tonight or tomorrow depending on how much time I have today.

yay more kaida

grtz on the lvl and good luck.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Thanks, lego. :)

Turns out I had less time than I thought the last couple of days. :(

As promised though, here's the new pics:

[hide=71 Fishing]

fish71_zpsf3806d24.png

[/hide]

[hide=74 Cooking]

cook74_zps02c7a276.png

[/hide]

[hide=75 Cooking]

cook75_zps13e5205f.png

[/hide]

After I finished cooking all the lobs I'd fished, I was only a few thousand xp away from 75 Cook so I bought a couple inventories worth and finished it off. :grin:

I'm going back to superheating for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to get 93 Magic and 94 Smith before the next skill comp starts. Then I'll be off to the forests to woodcut for a couple of weeks. It's not very afk'able, but it's not nearly as connection intensive as DG. My connection issues seem to have calmed down for now, but with this old laptop you never know.

I really slacked off on superheating this week. Damn you Criminal Minds and your captivating story lines! So I only got about 3k bars done. Unfortunately, that's not even close to leveling either Magic or Smithing.

The good news is that the TFS woodcutting skill comp starts tonight so I should be making serious gains there the next couple of weeks. I'd love to get it up to 90 like I did with Firemaking, but I don't know what the xp/hr for willows is so I don't know if I'll be able to get 4m xp in two weeks.

I'll post pics when I can. Wish me luck. :)

Perhaps aiming for 90 Woodcutting by the end of the comp might have been a bit too ambitious. So far I've managed a little over 1M xp and we're nearly a week in. I'll easily get over 2M and maybe even 3M but it looks like 4M is out. I have Monday off (it's a holiday in Ontario), so I'm hoping to get a lot of game time in and see if I can help make 3M total a reality.

On the plus side, I've gotten several levels so far this week. And here they are! :grin:

[hide=77 Woodcutting]

wc77_zpsbf48f132.png

[/hide]

[hide=78 Woodcutting]

wc78_zpsd3a0e6f7.png

[/hide]

[hide=79 Woodcutting]

wc79_zps32ff8944.png

[/hide]

[hide=80 Woodcutting]

wc80a_zpsc6965d52.png

wc80b_zpsc6e11d78.png

[/hide]

[hide=81 Woodcutting]

wc81_zps906f7542.png

[/hide]

I'm also about to get 1200 total, which will be achieved with my next level. :thumbsup:

Also, I'm sure you've all noticed the nice dark green colour my name became this week. :D It hasn't even been three months yet, so no one was more surprised than I was when it happened. I look forward to randomly locking your threads for my own amusement for many years to come. :lol:

That's all for now blog fans. See you next time.

• Like 1

yay Kaida. go get dem levels and use dat ban hammer

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Thanks. :grin:

Wait, you read this whole thing? :o Now who's a beast. ;)

Gratz on 85 wc ;)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Thanks everyone. :grin:

And a very big thank you to Ambler for his extremely generous (and totally unsolicited) gift. <3:

[hide=Mo Money, mo money, mo money!]

amblergift_zps9943086a.png

[/hide]

This put me up to 250M gp! \:D/ And then I went out and spent 1.5M on the rest of the hearts I needed to get the two Valentine's Day emotes. What can I say? I'm a sucker for emotes. :P

Today was the end of the Woodcutting comp, and while I didn't quite get the 3M xp I was aiming for I still did pretty good; a total of 2,716,282 xp and 11 levels. Not too shabby, eh? I'm currently in 2nd (a personal best if it stands), but I don't know if everyone has submitted their finishing xp yet. I'll know for sure in a day or two.

In the meantime, here's the rest of the pics:

[hide=82 Woodcutting and 1200 total]

wc82a_zpsc5683b2d.png

wc82b_zps28c97d9c.png

[/hide]

[hide=83 Woodcutting]

wc83a_zpsf8c09206.png

wc83b_zpsf8135203.png

[/hide]

[hide=84 Woodcutting]

wc84_zps975b1105.png

[/hide]

[hide=85 Woodcutting, which Ambler already told you about :P]

wc85a_zps8669d3ac.png

wc85b_zps20d71266.png

[/hide]

[hide=86 Woodcutting]

wc86_zpsd5760467.png

[/hide]

[hide=87 Woodcutting]

wc87_zps1c5d7354.png

[/hide]

I've got about 50 woodcutting urns left over so I'm going to use them up and then return to superheating for a while.

It turns out those urns I had left over were just enough to get me one more level. :thumbsup:

[hide=88 Woodcutting]

wc88_zpsd90fafae.png

[/hide]

Now back to superheating for a while.

You need to come 'round more often Brah. <3: Good to hear from you.

It turns out I was closer to a level than I thought. Yesterday brought me both a Magic and a combat level.

[hide=93 Magic and 155 Combat]

magic93a_zps4a9910e2.png

magic93b_zpsc2b87ba9.png

[/hide]

I'm also not too far off of another Smithing level. Should get it either tonight or tomorrow.

By now I'm sure you all know that the vote for the 07 servers has ended, and I'm really glad that they've decided to, at least temporarily, not charge extra for it. I may not be a member myself, but as far as I'm concerned anything that brings more people to the game is good and extra fees for 07Scape would have killed it before it even learned to walk. It will be interesting to see how the community there develops over the next few months. If it can survive the initial growing pains, and as long as Jagex doesn't do something stupid like limit access they way they did to RSC, then 07Scape may yet be a success. Only time will tell.