Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Thanks, Med. I'm spending the next few days riding around with one of the other guys, which means I'm doing only half the work and none of the paperwork or driving so its not all bad. :lol:

Like Med said, I got 80 RC Monday and last night I got 81. :thumbsup:

I'll post pics later tonight.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

As promised, loyal readers. My levels from the last two days.

[hide=80 Runecrafting]

rc80a.png

rc80b.png

[/hide]

[hide=81 Runecrafting]

rc81.png

[/hide]

I should get 82 tonight, but I have another station upgrade tomorrow so I don't know if I'll be able to get another tomorrow night. Which is too bad, I've been getting at least one level a night for a week and a half straight. Oh well, at least I still have the weekend to power through and try and get a couple more. :)

Well, all those nodes and esshounds won't drain themselves. To the 'Span!

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thanks, guys. :)

So yesterday's upgrade went right out the window when we opened up the boxes and found out that they had shipped us the wrong kits. :wall: On the up side, it meant that I was home by 3 o'clock and still got a full day's hours. :thumbsup:

It also meant that I got another level last night. The streak continues! :grin:

[hide=82 Runecrafting]

rc82a.png

rc82b.png

[/hide]

[hide=83 Runecrafting]

rc83a.png

rc83b.png

[/hide]

I'm only 150k from level 84 so I'll be getting that later tonight. Hopefully my weekend will be quiet so I can get a couple more and extend the streak to a full two weeks.

Thanks, Medi. :)

It's been getting harder the last couple of days, but I have persevered. I got home late last night, so I'm really glad I put in an extra hour in the morning before I went to work. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to maintain my streak.

[hide=84 Runecrafting]

rc84a.png

rc84b.png

[/hide]

I figure I'm about 5 or 6 hours away from level 85, so I'm hoping to get that today.

I'm really starting to wonder what the hell I was thinking in trying to maintain this streak of 1 level a day for the whole two weeks. I didn't set out to do it and only decided to try for it since I noticed that I was so close, but they're getting harder and harder to maintain. Oh well, I guess that's the whole point of a challenge isn't it? Seriously though, the next time I decide to do something like this, somebody smack me upside the head will ya? :P

I don't think the EoC release has made this any easier either. The last few days my fps has dropped to almost nothing again. It's even worse than when they released the Bot Nuke last year. I'm averaging five (yes, 5!) fps now. On absolute minimum. :wall: I really hope this is just because of all the node animations in Runespan, and not because of all the new particle effects. Otherwise, training combat will be bordering on suicidal.

I really need to convince my boss to upgrade my laptop. Hmm...maybe if I "accidentally" dropped it... ;)

1 Runecrafting level a day.... oof, thats a toughie. Especially if you reach 90+, its going to be a struggle. Its technically possible to reach 700K-1m rc exp a day, but its hell :P

My FPS has also dropped.... i had to knock my graphics down a setting just to be able to play with minimal lag :(

Nice level ups, keep up the good work ;)

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Thanks. :)

Fortunately the insanity will only continue until tomorrow when our RC competition ends. I'm not going to win (one person has gained over 6m xp!) but I'm determined to stick with it.

A lot of people in my clan said they were having lag issues as well. The weird thing is, I logged out to the lobby earlier and when I logged back in I was up to 12-14fps. It's amazing how much of a difference an extra 10fps makes. :P

I'm less than 100k from 85 so ill definitely be getting that later today. :D

Here it is:

[hide='85 Runecrafting]

rc85a.png

rc85b.png

[/hide]

I've now got 300k xp to go until my next level, and about 8 hours before the competition ends. I would have gotten more yesterday, but I spent the day at a friend's house and didn't get back until around 10pm. Good thing I got most of this level before he came over.

But, there's no time to waste. Coffee's made, DVD player is ready; Time to get 'Spanning!

I actually made it! :shock: I can hardly believe it.

[hide=86 Runecrafting]

rc86.png

[/hide]

I finished the comp with a total of 3,007,557xp gained in two weeks. \:D/

Now I'm going to go check out this new combat system everyone is talking about.

So the new combat system looks pretty interesting. I flew through the combat academy, and I think I've got at least a basic grip on it now. I'm going to have to get back into training combat again though, as my Ranged level is no longer high enough to wield/wear all the F2P gear. :(

Oh well, at least the xp books from the academy gave me two more Prayer levels...

[hide=61 Prayer]

pray61.png

[/hide]

[hide=62 Prayer]

pray62a.png

pray62b.png

[/hide]

...and almost got me another one. If I'd had two more books I'd have gotten 63 as well. Still, that's a lot of bones I didn't have to bury so I'm not complaining. :)

Anybody have any thoughts on what the best things for me to train Ranged would be? Because of my level, I'll be using Maple Shortbow with Mithril and lower arrows. I've heard Lesser Demons are now good for F2P ranged, but I'm not sure what level I should be to fight them.

Time for my first real EoC update, and it's a big one so here we go.

Lessers are definitely the way to go for Ranged. I've been there for two days, and gotten levels galore! :grin: So let's get the pictures out of the way, and then talk about it, shall we?

[hide=59 Constitution]

con59.png

[/hide]

[hide=42 Ranged]

range42.png

range42a.png

[/hide]

[hide=43 Ranged]

range43.png

[/hide]

[hide=44 Ranged]

range44.png

[/hide]

[hide=45 Ranged]

range45a.png

range45b.png

[/hide]

[hide=46 Ranged]

range46.png

[/hide]

[hide=47 Ranged]

range47a.png

range47b.png

[/hide]

[hide=48 Ranged]

range48a.png

range48b.png

[/hide]

[hide=49 Ranged]

range49.png

[/hide]

[hide=50 Ranged]

range50a.png

range50b.png

[/hide]

Goodness, a lot of stuff unlocks at level 50. But did you notice how much of it was F2P? ;)

Not to brag or anything, but I did all of that in just one night! :grin:

I started with Warped Bats in the Lumbridge Catacombs just to get a feel for it and then decided to see how Lessers would go. And, as you can see, go they did. I used a Maple shortbow with Mithril arrows and I bought a sheildbow, mostly out of curiosity to see how they compared, but turned out to be a very lucky choice as the Rejuvenate ability allowed me to keep fighting as long as I liked without needing food. :thumbsup: I was also using Accursed Urns to collect the ashes, which was really nice as I didn't have to worry about picking them up and then spend time scattering them. I also used my Explorer's ring to high alch the drops, and quickly got a good feel for what was worth picking up and what wasn't.

I was enjoying it so much, that last night I bought Magic short and shield bows, Rune arrows and a blue d'hide coif to complete my ensemble, and went back to get even more levels:

[hide=51 Ranged]

range51.png

[/hide]

[hide=60 Constitution]

con60.png

[/hide]

[hide=52 Ranged]

range52.png

[/hide]

[hide=53 Ranged]

range53.png

[/hide]

[hide=54 Ranged]

range54.png

[/hide]

[hide=63 Prayer]

pray63.png

[/hide]

[hide=55 Ranged]

range55a.png

range55b.png

[/hide]

Hmm...55 has a similar unlock pattern to 50. Oh well, at least I can now use a Gravite shortbow should I desire.

I think I'll keep with Ranged until 60. It's loads of fun, but I'm sure my clanmates are getting a bit tired of my constant leveling. :lol: Besides, I've been neglecting my superheating and really must get back to it. Especially now that I have a shiny new elemental staff that I can change the active element in at will. What? Did I not mention? I did the new Rune Mysteries quest last night as well.

runemysteries.png

Snagged myself a new title too, "the Red", which goes nicely with my TFS cape and the black and red armor I tend to run around in. |^_^|

The reworked quest is very well done, even if it doesn't make any real mention of the essence mine or how one gets to it, and the new Wizard's Tower is very impressive. It really gives a feeling of size and scale now. Grandeur, even. It might be even more impressive than the reworked Al Kharid. I'd have been even more impressed though if it hadn't kept freezing on "Loading 50%" every time I changed locations or had to view a cutscene (which, during the quest, happens a lot btw) and required reloading the game. It really shouldn't take over 2 hours to do a beginner level quest classified as "short". :wall: At least I didn't miss any of it. Every time the game locked up and had to be reloaded, it started me exactly where I had stopped so I still got to see all the cutscenes, which was nice.

Okay, I've rambled long enough here. Don't worry though, I spent so much time making this post I didn't have time to do anything today but log in for my daily SoF spin. So I shan't be deluging you with long winded posts full of level ups tomorrow. However, I make no promises about the end of the weekend. :P

Until next time, blog lovers!

A slightly shorter update today everyone. This weekend has been very busy, so I haven't had much time to play, but I was able to get 60 Ranged and 61 Constitution.

[hide=56 Ranged]

range56.png

[/hide]

[hide=57 Ranged]

range57.png

[/hide]

[hide=61 Constitution]

con61.png

[/hide]

[hide=58 Ranged]

range58.png

[/hide]

[hide=59 Ranged]

range59.png

[/hide]

[hide=60 Ranged]

range60a.png

range60b.png

[/hide]

:thumbsup:

Since they're so close, I think I'm going to get my melee skills to 60 as well before returning to superheating. Hopefully it should only take a day or two.

Woot! All of my skills are now 60+! :thumbsup:

I bought a Rune warhammer and headed back to the Karmaja volcano, where I pounded Deadly Red Spiders into paste which brought me all this:

[hide=59 Strength]

str59.png

[/hide]

[hide=59 Attack]

att59.png

[/hide]

[hide=62 Constitution]

con62.png

[/hide]

[hide=59 Defense and 152 Combat]

def59cb152.png

[/hide]

[hide=60 Attack]

att60a.png

att60b.png

[/hide]

[hide=60 Strength]

str60a.png

str60b.png

[/hide]

[hide=60 Defense and 153 Combat]

def60cb153a.png

def60cb153b.png

[/hide]

Goodness, Jagex likes unlocking lots of stuff at levels that are multiples of 10, don't they? :P

As fun as it is, I think I'm done with combat for a while. I'm buying more ores and have resumed my place in the G.E. where I shall superheat until my gloves melt. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings once again, loyal readers! :grin:

By now, I'm sure you've all realized why I've not posted an update in the last couple of weeks. If you haven't, take a gander sideways and dig the pretty green lettering. ;) Mod training has kept me busy, and if TFS hadn't picked Firemaking for this month's skill competition I wouldn't have gotten anything done in game. Fortunately, fm is very afk'able (bonfires ftw! <3:) so I've managed to gain several levels.

I'm going to wait until after the comp ends on Sunday to post the pics though, and then bombard you with them all at once because I know how much you all love that. :P

Fear not though, for I do not come to you today empty handed. Behold! I have achieved 40M+ total xp! :twss:

18-12-12_zps6fff98ed.png

If I don't get a chance to post again until then, I want to wish all of you a very merry Christmas. :)

Congratulations on the straight 60s :) (also, required to post on mod blogs). Did EoC buff F2P combat xp rates much/at all/negatively?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks everybody! :grin:

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that Santa brought you all lots of goodies. I got several movies I'd been wanting, including a copy of Four Rooms. I absolutely love that movie and now I have my very own copy! :thumbsup:

Q, I really couldn't comment on the new xp rates since it had literally been years since I trained combat. :lol: I'm liking the EoC though, and may even get my combats up to 70 one day.

But for now, I bring you the image dump I promised you all last week! :P

[hide=78-90 Firemaking]

[hide=78 Firemaking]

fm78a_zps1437230d.png

fm78b_zpsb00f5be1.png

[/hide]

[hide=79 Firemaking]

fm79a_zps428e3f42.png

fm79b_zps782d25ef.png

[/hide]

[hide=80 Firemaking]

fm80a_zps2faf3d58.png

fm80b_zps83d3ce41.png

[/hide]

[hide=81 Firemaking]

fm81_zps3fb9b5aa.png

[/hide]

[hide=82 Firemaking]

fm82_zpsc56c15a7.png

[/hide]

[hide=83 Firemaking]

fm83a_zps975b5e3a.png

fm83b_zps1d5c1895.png

[/hide]

[hide=84 Firemaking]

fm84_zpse6141fa6.png

[/hide]

[hide=85 Firemaking]

fm85a_zps62288a88.png

fm85b_zpsa5f3132b.png

[/hide]

[hide=86 Firemaking]

fm86_zpsf9f4bdea.png

[/hide]

[hide=87 Firemaking]

fm87a_zpsd78e12c5.png

fm87b_zpsd3fba108.png

[/hide]

[hide=88 Firemaking]

fm88_zpsd0ebe682.png

[/hide]

[hide=89 Firemaking]

fm89a_zps82f66df9.png

fm89b_zpsae7eeaad.png

[/hide]

[hide=90 Firemaking]

fm90a_zps94424ee3.png

fm90b_zps2dc91988.png

[/hide]

[/hide]

I also did the Chrismas event, which was pretty good. I was happy to see the return of the quest based event (and I'm sure many of you were as well) as opposed to those so-called community ones they've been doing.

xmas2012_zps10baa1e6.png

The Santa beard and sack look good with the outfit from Christmas a couple of years ago, and the beard looks absolutely hilarious on female characters. :lol: Also, the 'Santa' title isn't members only like they said (see my level 90 picture above). So for now, I'm "Santa Kaida23".

I'm back to superheating and should level up both Magic and Smithing by the end of the weekend (I'm less than 3k bars from leveling both), so watch for another update soon. ;)

Thanks, Med. 4m xp in two weeks, while going through mod training, isn't too shabby at all. :)

I don't know if I'll do quite as well in the next one though, DG was never my strongest or fastest skill. I'm going to try the hybrid loadout Lord Slayas mentioned and see how it goes. I'm hoping to unlock floor 35 before the comp starts.

Last night, I finished off the last of the 3k bars I had bought supplies for the other day which gained me the following:

[hide=92 Magic and 154 Combat]

magic92a_zpse7332932.png

magic92b_zpsbca29f6d.png

[/hide]

[hide=93 Smithing]

smith93a_zpscb2f077f.png

smith93b_zpsd6eae301.png

[/hide]

If I can manage to get 70 DG early, I'll return to superheating before the comp starts.

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying the skilling competitions. Even if I don't come close to winning (I've finished 4th two months in a row now), it's a good way to break up the monotony and gets me leveling up skills I'd probably be ignoring otherwise.

Congrats on those level-ups Kaida, getting mighty high in your Smelting and Superheating skills :)

Good luck with the hybrid loadout, it works wonders, but it takes awhile to get the hang of it and get used to it :P Go with what works best for you. If you need some one to help you out with it, hit me up and we can do some floors ^.^

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.