Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

My lack of focus is sad compared to yours. 93 magic. From superheating. All those ores. Sweet baby Jesus I couldn't do it...

CONGRATS!

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Thank you and prepare to be astounded once again dear lady. ;)

As predicted, I gained another smith level today. Well, actually I pounded out the last 36k xp this morning before I went to work since I knew my game time would be limited tonight, but it still counts as today.

Observe my greatness puny mortals! :P

[hide=94 Smithing]

smith94a_zps3e0f36a3.png

smith94b_zps02765ea5.png

[/hide]

If I can keep up my current pace of 2-3k bars a day I'll be able to get 95 in less than a week. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Rune warhammer... wow that's nice. Inb4 smithing rework puts it at level 55 and your profit goes down the drain :(.

(grats)

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks guys. :)

As I'm sure you all know, his week saw a major update to the free game with the removal of trial memberships and the permanent addition of Taverly and Burthorpe and their related quests and skill training to F2P. This has garnered much debate among free players with many feeling that training of any members skill (whether available on free worlds or not) is against the principals that our community was founded on, and others feeling that anything that is available without purchasing membership is fair game. Generally speaking, we seem to have settled on allowing people to explore and enjoy these new features, including the quests and training the members skills to level 5, and simply not counting them towards clan hiscores or the Top 250 Lists. It's impressive that we came to this decision as quickly as we did, having but a scant few days between the initial announcement and its implementation in-game. It just goes to show how excellent the free community is, and how dedicated we are to both each other and the game we love.

Personally, I had decided that anything available on free worlds was open to all and had begun exploring the new content before either my clan or the List team had come to their decisions. Perhaps this was bit reckless of me, but I was confident they would also come to a similar decision.

I started going through the tutorial, fending off a massive troll invasion that threatened these new areas before I'd even had a chance to fully explore them! Along the way I finished off the new quests, gaining 7 more quest points.

[hide=4 New Quests]

quest-letthemeatpie_zps90f749f6.png

quest-druidicritual_zpsf8cb2fd9.png

quest-deathplateau_zpsf3d23d03.png

quest-wolfwhistle_zps901cbde9.png

[/hide]

Afterwards, with the troll threat essentially neutralized, I was named a Knight of the Talon as appreciation for my efforts in stopping the invasion.

knight_zps38c7566f.png

Yeah, that's right, I'm a hero! Bow before me puny mortals! :P

I then went about training the new skills I'd learned about along the way, maxing each of them out at level 5. Taking screenshots of every single level up seemed like too much overkill, so I only got pics of the final level for each.

[hide=maxed out members skills]

[hide=Construction level 5]

const5a_zps7d96383c.png

const5b_zps1ba3fff5.png

[/hide]

[hide=Agility level 5]

agility5a_zpsba45b20b.png

agility5b_zps6cd189bb.png

[/hide]

[hide=Summoning level 5]

summon5a_zps3d9e403b.png

summon5b_zpsc0f85ec7.png

[/hide]

[hide=Hunter level 5]

hunter5a_zps99793b77.png

hunter5b_zps33edcbf6.png

[/hide]

[hide=Herblore level 5]

herb5a_zps9361d47c.png

herb5b_zpsc6cd87d3.png

[/hide]

[hide=Fletching level 5]

fletch5a_zps49c92f0c.png

fletch5b_zpsb2d10ada.png

[/hide]

[hide=Farming level 5]

farm5a_zps97bcc8aa.png

farm5b_zps3edf108c.png

[/hide]

[hide=Thieving level 5]

thieve5a_zps648e5dba.png

thieve5b_zps994a4303.png

[/hide]

[hide=Slayer level 5]

slayer5a_zpsa44f677c.png

slayer5b_zps8f12cd75.png

[/hide]

[/hide]

And in between all of that, the extra SoF spins I got from the quests brought me a couple of xp lamps which gave me another Prayer level. :grin:

[hide=Prayer level 64]

pray64_zps693f8b37.png

[/hide]

Now, the sharp eyed of you may have noticed that I got my Construction up to level 5 as well, even though training of that skill has been locked. It turns out that it can still be leveled with the use of lamps, of which there are more than enough to be had while completing the new quests to get it up to level 5 without ever having lifted a single hammer or saw. Work smarter, not harder. ;)

I didn't have as much time for smithing as I wanted this week, so I'm still about 300k xp away from level 95. However, I was able to get another Magic and combat level.

[hide=Magic level 94 and combat level 156]

magic94a_zps9c0a3a2a.png

magic94b_zps0fe9e4bc.png

[/hide]

Hopefully, I'll be able to get 95 Smith by tomorrow or Monday.

Wow, this was a big one. I haven't gained this many levels in such a short period of time since after I got 99 Mining. Don't worry, next week will be quieter. I promise. :lol:

Until next time blog lovers!

• Like 1

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Gratz on Ice barrage/vengeance!!! oh wait. ;)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

4333620_ad007c1d1183dd227c084808f66_zps1ce0bc8b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's been too long my faithful followers, so once again I shall bless you all with stories of my glorious exploits.

Things were a bit busy after I posted last, so I didn't get 95 Smithing until Tuesday. Which worked out well because the new skilling comp started on Wednesday. But I'm getting ahead of myself, so here's the Smith pic:

[hide=95 Smithing]

smith95a_zps64df7f73.png

smith95b_zpsfbb64999.png

[/hide]

After getting this, I started in on TFS's skilling competition for this month: Fishing! So I bought a buttload of feathers and fishing urns and planted myself firmly along the river in Lumbridge to fish my heroic little heart out. Fishing is heroic right?

While fishing for the comp, I crossed the 50M total xp mark this week. :grin:

[hide=Woot!]

50mtotal_zpsaf65ca92.png

[/hide]

I also went butterfly hunting, carefully preserving and labeling and sticking pins through the little darlings until I had a complete collection of memory fragments from a god. Pretty impressive, no? I don't think I've ever played a game where I collected bits of a god's memories before. For any of you who haven't done it, or just want to peek into a god's past, here's the complete collection cataloged and indexed for your convenience.

[hide=Guthix's Memories]

[hide=Memory 1]

memory1_zps30961605.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 2]

memory2_zpsb6bb11d2.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 3]

memory3_zpse2a796a0.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 4]

memory4_zpsee802583.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 5]

memory5_zps0accff97.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 6]

memory6_zps351d71d3.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 7]

memory7_zps58d3d717.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 8]

memory8_zps194d569c.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 9]

memory9_zpsf491e27f.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 10]

memory10_zps1f208454.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 11]

memory11_zps4bf8b3e3.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 12]

memory12_zps38afdef7.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 13]

memory13_zpsbd9e8f23.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 14]

memory14_zps6f892054.png

[/hide]

[hide=Memory 15]

memory15_zps84180a99.png

[/hide]

[/hide]

It's actually kind of an interesting read when they're all grouped together like this.

So far for the Fishing comp I've gone through nearly 20k feathers, gotten over 1.2M xp and gained 9 levels. Hopefully I'll get another one tonight. As usual, I'll post new levels at the half way point of the comp. So expect those either Wednesday or Thursday.

One last thing before I go, yesterday marked 4 years since I joined Tip.It and this Friday is the 4 year anniversary of this blog. I want to say thanks to all of you for your continued support and readership. Without readers like you to share in my adventures this blog would have gone nowhere and probably would have fizzled out ages ago.

So thank you all. Here's to sharing many more adventures in the future. :grin:

• Like 3

Thanks guys. :grin: I'm glad you've been enjoying it. Here's to many more years of me glorifying my procrastination and noobishness. :lol:

On that happy note, it's time for my mid-comp update!

I'm up over 1.8m xp and have gained 12 levels in the past week. I doubt I'm going to gain another 12 levels (hell, I'll be lucky to gain another 6), so it's going to be a front-ended image dump this time. Ready? Here we go...

[hide=72 Fishing]

fish72_zps4a072662.png

[/hide]

[hide=73 Fishing]

fish73_zps8bab7968.png

[/hide]

[hide=74 Fishing]

fish74_zps53bd1d92.png

[/hide]

[hide=75 Fishing]

fish75_zps6aec3aae.png

[/hide]

[hide=76 Fishing]

fish76a_zpsafc60698.png

fish76b_zps2fabfc5d.png

[/hide]

[hide=77 Fishing]

fish77_zpsba342fb6.png

[/hide]

[hide=78 Fishing]

fish78_zps04864c28.png

[/hide]

[hide=79 Fishing]

fish79a_zpsd9e384ea.png

fish79b_zpsc33b42a7.png

[/hide]

[hide=80 Fishing]

fish80a_zps90f28a36.png

fish80b_zps7f162746.png

[/hide]

[hide=81 Fishing]

fish81a_zps8f07b573.png

fish81b_zpsd05129e6.png

[/hide]

[hide=82 Fishing]

fish82_zpsf945648b.png

[/hide]

[hide=83 Fishing]

fish83_zps6e994e62.png

[/hide]

And because I know how much you all love tons of pics in the same post, I finished getting that last one while typing this. You're welcome. :P

Also, the other day I finally finished my last remaining quest with the help of Starfed (thanks again :)).

shieldofarev_zps01829622.png

Well, technically we helped each other but he definitely knew more about how to go through it than I did. What was that I said earlier about being a noob? :P Still, an even 50 quest points looks a lot better than the 42 that I've had for pretty much ever.

Finally, a bit of non-RS news. Today I picked up Swollen Members' new album "Beautiful Death Machine", which dropped yesterday (a day late...I'm a terrible excuse for a fan :() and it is absolutely freaking incredible. It's their 10th studio album, with a couple of b-sides and solo projects scattered throughout, and even though it's been 14 years since the first one they show no signs of slowing down. BDM has a lot of the old school elements that brought them to prominence in the first place with touches of the experimental that makes their sound so unique and has helped bring them many accolades, awards and much critical acclaim over the years.

I don't know how many of you like hip-hop, but if you do you should really check them out. It's pure Canadian awesomeness. :thumbsup:

Since you asked so nicely, I shall spin for you an epic tale of vanquished foes and weeping widows left in my wake...

...or the less than epic tale of how I continued to stand along the banks of the Lumbridge river hauling trout and salmon to their deaths. Fish leave widows, right? :P

Now that the finishing competition is over I am pleased to announce that I gained a total of 3,773,233 xp and 17 levels! :grin: Hopefully the next one is either Cooking or Crafting so I can get them up into the high 80's as well.

The end of the comp also means that it's image dump time (also because lego demanded MOAR LEVELS) so here's what I got over the last week:

[hide=84 Fishing]

fish84_zpsb3842a33.png

[/hide]

[hide=85 Fishing]

fish85a_zpsa23cbbd2.png

fish85b_zps21bd1d26.png

[/hide]

[hide=86 Fishing]

fish86_zpsed5f3666.png

[/hide]

[hide=87 Fishing]

fish87_zps11713d17.png

[/hide]

[hide=88 Fishing]

fish88_zps2344209f.png

[/hide]

As we all know by now (and if you didn't I'm sure you noticed it in the last two pics) Jagex, in their infinite wisdom, recoloured the stat boxes for the mems-only skills to a bright gold which makes them stand out more and makes the entire stats tab ugly as hell. It also, as pointed out by someone in my clan (sorry, I don't recall who :(), looks like a middle finger. The symbolism in that discovery is inescapable, although I really doubt someone at Jagex had planned that far ahead when deciding on the layout of the skill boxes. Still, ugly and distracting as it may be, it's not actively interfering with game play so it's just one more thing we'll have to get used to.

Now I shall wander away from the river and back into the G.E. so that I may continue with my quest for 99 Smithing. Since I'll be superheating again, my level gains will be, for obvious reasons, considerably less in the immediate future. I'm hoping to make 96 smith in another week or so, but that's going to depend on how much time I have to play. The upgrade project I was so involved in at work back in the fall is starting up again next week, but there's only a handful of sites left to do and only scheduled for next week so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm definitely looking forward to the extra overtime it will bring in. Ever since Christmas things have been incredibly slow at work and if it wasn't for my tax refund I'm sure I'd be looking at having at least one utility cut off by now along with the rest of them by the end of April. Being an adult really sucks sometimes.

Anyhoo, that's enough about my sad pathetic life. I'm going to take a break from RS for the rest of the night, watch some TV, and go to bed early.

...dag. It really does sound pathetic, doesn't it? Being single also sucks sometimes. :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before I get into today's update, I wanted to tell all of you about the new F2P forum that Lord Slayas and Medieval Kid setup called...wait for it...PURE FREE TO PLAY! This is an excellent idea that will hopefully help to centralize the community more and bring us all together like the big happy family we were all meant to be. Everyone is welcome, not just free players, and the more the merrier. I encourage all of you who read and lurk here to go there and make an account, make some posts, make some new friends, and help us to grow and thrive. :thumbsup:

And no, I'm just just pimping it because I'm a mod there as well. :P This is Slaya and Medi's baby, I'm just trying to help it learn how to walk. With your help we'll soon be teaching it to ride a bike and watching it go on it's first date and....okay that analogy really doesn't work when you take it too far, does it? :lol: So come join the fun. Hope to see you all there. :grin:

As far as RuneScape goes, I've frankly not done much. I was kind of burnt out after the fishing comp was over (I really need to stop pushing myself so hard during these things), and really wasn't very motivated to continue superheating. I think I made a grand total of 2k bars all week, when normally I'd make at least that many in a day.

The other reason I've been slacking so much is that I've been watching as much as I can of a YouTube series called

. For those who don't know, it's a game review series hosted by an Englishman living in Brisbane who calls himself "Yahtzee" and looks remarkably like my ex-wife's ex-boyfriend. It's not your normal review series in that he doesn't simply review the game, he downright rips it to pieces for comedic effect. And, my god, are they funny! Between his accented spouting of every swear word known to man (along with a few I think he made up on the spot), and the crude yet effective comic images I actually have to stop every so often because I'm laughing so hard it hurts. After several hours worth of videos (that seem to average about 5-6 minutes apiece so you can imagine how many I've watched), I think I've finally figured out his system. The broader the strokes of angst against a game, the worse it is. If he spends the entire thing ripping apart a couple of specific parts of a game, then overall he thought it was pretty darn good. I highly recommend checking it out. His
, which included Fruit Ninja, is a personal favorite ("You're a ninja, fruit is flying up in front of you and [bleep] fruit!" :lol:). Oh, and these videos are definitely NOT safe for work, children, grandmothers, or any other easily offended overly sensitive hippy types. You've been warned. ;)

Right! Now that I'm done pimping other people's stuff, let me tell you what I DID get done this week. No, really, I actually got stuff done. Not a lot, but stuff none the less.

Thanks to some helpful tips from folks both here and on the F2P Forums (okay, maybe I wasn't quite done :P), I once again descended into the heart of darkness we call Daemonhiem to try and finally unlock that last freaking floor. I changed my binds, put into use tips on using the gatestones and finally did it! :XD:

[hide=Dungeoneering 68]

dg68_zps2ac22e4e.png

[/hide]

[hide=Dungeoneering 69]

dg69a_zpsc19931de.png

dg69b_zpsc056d41d.png

[/hide]

And then I got one more for good measure

[hide=Dungeoneering 70]

dg70a_zpsfab40463.png

dg70b_zps32a98970.png

[/hide]

This now brings all my non-combat skills to 70+! :grin:

I think I'm starting to get pretty good at the floors. The other day I was down solidly in the 10 minute C6 small range, and last night found myself down in the 5-6 minute range. :thumbup: I'm told they can be done in as little as 2-3, but I don't see how. At least not solo'ing and opening all the bonus rooms. In the later floors it takes me at least that long just to kill the boss. Not that they're hard or killing me a hundred times or anything, I just found that my attacks hit less often so they take longer to kill. I've heard that skillers leeching floors is a thing again and can knock the combat level of the monsters, even the bosses, down into the low teens and sometimes right into single digits. This means single hit KO's on pretty much everything, including the bosses. Glacy said she would take me with some skillers and show me how it's done. If the floors really can be done in a couple of minutes, that means an entire run to 35 would take less than an hour and a half. :shock: This I gotta see.

Holy cow. For a week where I really didn't get anything done, this was one long update.

• Like 2

All the good rewards at 70!@@@ owait :(. Grats :).

You can usually do smalls in a couple of minutes but you need to be higher combat mostly, gds are a huge time sink (I presume this is the same in f2p). The fastest floors are almost always the ones with low level mod e.g. few monsters killed. Other than that some bosses just suck, no Stomp floor can ever compete with a nice Cursebearer or something. Bal'lak is a decent midpoint, fast if you can brute force him, but pretty slow if you have to drain his defence.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• 3 months later...

Any updates on your account? Want to see some progress! :)

This. I demand to know what the biggest F2P hero on the forums is doing!

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• 2 weeks later...

Crap. Has it really been 4 months since I last updated this??? :oops:

Apologies, blog lovers. I assure you that my adventures have not stopped, although they did slow down for a bit. I am currently in the middle of grinding tears in the Battle of Lumbridge, as I'm sure many of you are as well. I've gained many levels, been many new places and seen many new things (actual gods fighting on Gielinor!) that I can't wait to tell you all about.

Alas, these tales will have to wait for another day when I have more time to regale you with them. Watch this space for updates! :)

• Like 1

Here we go blog lovers! It's time for the fist installment of my 4 month update. I figure doing it in parts will be easier for you to read, and it will be easier for me to post (working smarter, not harder). So without further adieu...

Kaida's 4 Month Update Part 1!

Shortly after my last update, Starlight Ore descended on us from the heavens and infused itself into mining rocks. Yelps must have worked a hell of a deal with the Dwarves for the stuff, as he was giving away hundreds of ores at a time on the Squeal, along with blueprints for new Starfire weapons. I lucked into a bow blueprint and, still feeling burnt out from the fishing comp, promptly said *bleep* that to mining 10k ores to make the damn thing. So I did what any sensible (and rich) person would do: got as many as I could from the SoF, and simply bought the rest! :lol:

A quick visit to Ivar at the Artisan's workshop and I had myself a new, wonderfully expensive, decorative bow. I had lots of people asking about it while runecrafting...but I'm getting ahead of myself. That comes later. ;)

To be honest, I kind of wandered away from things for a while after that. But the release of the Crown of Seasons brought me back and I threw myself fully into chopping trees to try and gain enough components for a Summer Coronet. That, and it gave me an excuse to get my Woodcutting up to level 90.

First I got this:

[hide=89 Woodcutting]

woodcutting89_zps7d1a78e5.png

[/hide]

Then I got this:

coronet_zpsf3dde6f4.png

Then I decided that since the event was only half over and I'd already gotten one coronet that I'd try for a second. Yes, in an event where a lot of people didn't have time to get one, I was crazy enough to try for two. :lol: Along the way I got these:

[hide=90 Woodcutting]

woodcutting90a_zpse212589c.png

woodcutting90b_zpsb5719115.png

[/hide]

[hide=91 Firemaking]

firemaking91a_zpsc3857fe0.png

firemaking91b_zpsebb43c4c.png

[/hide]

Shortly after that I completed my Coronet of Winter, but, sadly, the screenshot didn't work. :( But you can see me wearing it in the next round of level ups. :thumbup:

That's right dear reader, I said "level ups", and I have many to show you. But that shall have to wait for the next installment of my update.

Tune in next time for "The RuneCrafting Competition", or "Rune, Rune Away!".

• Like 2

*claps*

You skilled your way to 2/4 cornets with just 1 spin a day. You sir, are my hero. I broke my back trying to get 4 and I'm P2P + 1 spin for gold P2P + daily challenges...

Now that I think about it, you did a hella lot better than me...

29386_s.gif