Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Hi! :D

It's been a while, but I secretly checked on this from time to time.

Sorry I never posted!

Get 99 mining tough! :D

Are you really considering to do artisans all the way to 99 smithing?

If u do, I'll hang out with you from time to time ;D

Hasta la pasta!

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Ohai. Glad you're back. <3:

Zzzuperman did it with Artisan's, so why not? I'll have (almost) enough ores and it'll be a lot easier than superheating/smithing it.

It'd be great if you came by. Skilling is always better with someone to chat with. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Ohai. Glad you're back. <3:

Zzzuperman did it with Artisan's, so why not? I'll have (almost) enough ores and it'll be a lot easier than superheating/smithing it.

It'd be great if you came by. Skilling is always better with someone to chat with. :grin:

+1 For Artisans Workshop, I did some smithing there and enjoyed it. Also you have your iron ores waiting in your bank so I don't really see why not. :smile: It's also great vacation for you after long hard work of mining :mrgreen:

Foxthrottle.png

Not sure of my prices, but iron ore is around the 345+/- mark right now. 85k iron ores is pretty close to 29M coins at the moment ...

I'd agree that superheating would be a much better option for your smithing (and mage) experience than using the Artisan's workshop. There's a reason why no one uses it.

Just sayin' ...

Good luck Kaida. I will try to keep track of your 99 party and, if I am on-line when it happens, I will definitely drop in in wish you well. <3:

nyuseg.png

@Foxthrottle, thanks for the support. :thumbup:

@Blyaunte, thanks! Hope to see you there. :grin:

The price of iron ore is absolutely crazy right now. I don't think I've ever seen it higher than coal. If I was further away from 99, I might actually consider selling all the ores I have and then buying them back when the price goes down again.

I'm still not convinced that superheating would be better for training Smithing than Artisan's. It's hard to argue with nearly 10x the xp per ore (112xp per iron ingot 1, or 12.5xp per iron bar) and not nearly as much clicking. :wink: I'm not too worried about mage xp atm, though. I'll get plenty of that from Varrock teles when training Runecrafting, and there's always items that can be high alched for a decent profit.

I haven't had too much mining time the last few days, but I got some today and I now have less than 340k xp to go! It's getting so close. :ohnoes:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

U could go for 200 mill mining xp F2p ;)

Like a hardcore pro!

It'll "only" need 5,341,874 Iron ores to be mined.

At current G.e. rates u'd be, BLOODY RICH

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

CLICK ME.

"Only", eh? :P

Let's see, 5.34M iron ores x 339gp per = :shock: 1.81B!

Hmm...5.34M ores at ~900 ores per hour will take...let's see...5934 hours.

When I calculated that, I kept thinking about that scene in Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder where they go looking for Bender after the Don Bot has him buried in the desert on Mars and Hermes says "OK, everybody take a shovel, and a sixth of the planet. We'll meet back here in 50 years, our bodies broken and our lives wasted." :lol:

Too bad the prices won't stay this high forever, or it might almost be worth trying. Still, 300k+ gp per hour is pretty good for F2P.

Just superheat then thank us later :P

Seriously -- ^this^ -- although it may come across as "efficienado", you will seriously appreciate the over-all effect of training more than one skill at a time, especially since it can be done while "bank-standing", with so little effort on your part ...

:-D

nyuseg.png

Who am I to ignore my loyal minions followers? :D

I guess superheating the ores will be the way to go then (I'm not going to lie though, I'll probably still use Artisans for some of it). Hopefully, the price of iron bars won't drop below the price of nature runes before I'm done with Mining. Can anyone give me an idea of xp/hr?

I didn't get much mining done today, only about 10k xp. I spent half an hour hopping worlds looking for a free spot, but finally had to settle for the two down by the addy rocks. It wasn't a total loss though, there was someone there training ranged on the scorpions with mithril arrows and he wasn't picking up any of his leftovers. I started grabbing them and asked it he minded, and he said he had over 10k of them so he didn't care. I got almost 300 of them for free! :thumbsup: I know they're only 30gp each, but that's 9k I don't have to spend when I start training ranged again. It may not seem like much, but I can be a cheap bugger sometimes. :lol:

If you pay full attention, don't use mousekeys, and are relatively fast but by no means that fastest, you can figure 2.2k iron superheats/hr for 117k magic xp/hr and 27.5k smithing xp/hr plus the gp gained.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Guess who's got two thumbs and had his company buy him an iPhone 4? That's right, this guy! :D

I'm actually posting this from the phone right now!

Install runescape App right now! ;)

don't know if it exists tough.. make it happen!

I wish I had an Iphone.. I still have a Nokia 1100 lol :rolleyes:

[hide=Like this one]

Nokia-1100.jpg

[/hide]

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

CLICK ME.

Thanks, luf. If a RuneScape app exists, I'll try and convince my boss to let me download it :grin: And if it doesn't exist, I'll be very surprised.

Your phone is better than mine that just got replaced. I don't know who convinced the owner that "military spec" meant "higher quality", but I have a feeling that if anyone tried selling those things to the actual military, somebody would get shot. :lol:

So I've begun merching again, and my first day only emphasized how out of practice I am. Not only did it take all day to sell the items I chose, but I didn't make any profit and I actually lost 500k. #-o

Here's hoping today goes better.

There is just one thing I have to say about that.

[hide]Untitled-6.png[/hide]

:lol: That makes every day better. :thumbup:

So my merching is still sucking rocks. All day and none of my items are buying. :wall: Oh well, at least there's no chance I'll lose money today. :lol:

On the up side, my iPhone just keeps getting more and more awesome. I'm actually using it as a router for my laptop to connect to the internet. Technology rocks! :grin:

I can't wait until I get home. Then I'll be using my laptop to connect to my iPhone to connect to my wireless router to connect to my DSL. :blink: Everyone follow that okay? I probably won't use it like that all the time, but it will be neat to try. Of course, the iPhone automatically connects to the wireless router and the laptop automatically connects to the iPhone...hmm...I wouldn't have to change connections when I get home anymore. It's not a big thing, but it's very cool. :thumbsup:

So the connection through the iPhone to the wireless router at home works for internet access on my laptop but it's slooooooooooooooow. But much faster to switch between than the old wireless connection I was using at work. :thumbsup:

I also figured out why none of my items would buy today, the G.E. updated a few hours ago and both items went up almost 10gp each! So I've resubmitted with higher buy prices. Hopefully I'll have something to sell, and actually make a profit off, in the morning. :pray:

Perhaps you should try to make money by skilling instead? Once you have reached level 99 mining, you can mine those high-level ores, smelt and smith and then sell armour/weapons for profit :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Thanks for the bump, ezeei. :thumbup:

Sweedishboy, I've got some ideas for making some money from skilling after I'm done with 99. Despite all the training options that will generate profit right now, I don't think any of them can compare to flipping for ease and return vs time invested. So I'll just do both and be raking in cash hand over fist. :grin:

Speaking of flipping, that's really all I've gotten done this week. I've been trying different items trying to see what works well post-nuke and I think I've found a couple of items that will. I've made a little over 3M this week and I should reach 110M total tomorrow. Unfortunately, I've not really had any time to play so I've still got 300k xp to go. Hopefully I can find some more time to play this week and make some real progress. :)

As predicted. :grin:

[spoiler=110M gp]120130192458.png

I have enough to buy a green Halloween Mask if I wanted, and with another 10M I could buy a Santa Hat. Now if partyhats would drop to about 10% of their current price I'll be all set. :lol: