Lagging while using HD

The_Fray

Hi I just bought a new computer and I thought that I should be able to HD smoothly and without any difficulties but I seem to lag when my character is at crowded areas.

Here are some details of my computer:

Manufacturer: Toshiba

Model: Notebook

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo Cpu T6400 @ 2.00GHz

Memory: 4GB

System Type: 64 Bit Operating System

It could be that you're pushing your machine's limits when you go into a crowd. What's your graphics card?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Graphics card will be a big limiting factor. It sounds like you got one which has an intel integrated chipset which is very low powered. It'll struggle if you have all settings on high and when you enter large crowds.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Do not worry, I lag like a Broken Windows 98 when I get near the GE, and I have a NVIDIA 7600 GE or GT or something. It is quite a powerhorse, but I think it is Java trying to display everyone.

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

Do not worry, I lag like a Broken Windows 98 when I get near the GE, and I have a NVIDIA 7600 GE or GT or something. It is quite a powerhorse, but I think it is Java trying to display everyone.

:lol: :lol:

@OP: Your video card is too weak. It may have been a bright idea to actually check up on the specs before you bought it, or ask someone else if you didn't know what they are. Too late now.

:lol: :lol:

@OP: Your video card is too weak. It may have been a bright idea to actually check up on the specs before you bought it, or ask someone else if you didn't know what they are. Too late now.

Not exactly I still have a week and a half to return it, not quite sure if I should.

My question then is will it cost me a lot more than what I paid for this one? I paid $1156 CAD (Approximately $935 American) for this one, which includes 13% tax, 2 year extended warranty. If you want more details I can always give you the product description available online.

Depends where you get it from. I've seen some very good laptops capable of running newer games on medium-near high settings on newegg for about US$1000 ish. This is often a lot cheaper than going straight to the manufacturer.

If you just want something that'll run RSHD however, you won't need to spend that much, about US$700 would probably do.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

There alot of options, here are a couple of intresting products from Newegg (Canada):

The MSI one, i think is the most bang for the buck.

If you want to save money, the Asus for 900$ will still be able to play RS with no problem.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6834220488

ASUS N80 Series N80Vn-X5 NoteBook

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600(2.40GHz)

14.1" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm

DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT

999$

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6834220506

ASUS X59SR-X5 NoteBook

Intel Core 2 Duo T6400(2.00GHz)

15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm

DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470

899$