Alternate 99 cape emotes.

sarg1010

I personally think that a few 99 cape emotes are pretty bad... Such as the Magic skillcape (which fails IMO. You jump in a circle, big whoop. I mean it's MAGIC! Couldn't we call down a lightning bolt or something?). What if Jagex came out with alternate emotes for the capes? What would you want to see your character do?

[hide=Second emote suggestions]Attack: You wield a sword and it glows with energy, then you jab it forward and lightning shoots out.

Strength: A wall appears, and you swing your arm and hit the wall, shattering it to bits.

Defence: You deflect blows at you with your bare hands, then stand proudly without a scratch on you.

Hitpoints: Open for suggestions :twss:

Range: Same for ^

Prayer: A holy aura surrounds you, and you are lifted into the heavens, dissapearing until returning to earth with a golden aura around you.

Magic: You stand back, concentrate then lightning bolts strike all around you.

Runecrafting: Open for suggestions

Construction: You pull out blueprints of a detailed house and build a model of it on the ground. The model reachs to about your waist.

Herblore: Open for suggestions

Agility: Arrows come flying at you in every direction, but you nimbly dodge them all until a final one is shot, which you catch out of the air and hold out to show everyone.

Thieving: a silouette (spelling please) appears in front of you, and you sneakily knock him out and pick his pockets.

Crafting: A big slab of marble appears in front of you, and you skillfully craft it into a giant cabbage :twss:

Fletching:You craft a bow, then pull out an arrow to test it out, and shoot it into the horizon.

Slayer: A monster appears in front of you, you draw your sword and fight it in a short battle, with you as the victor.

Hunter: A bush appears, and you jump in. You can see the bush thrash around, then you jump out, holding a rabbit.

Mining: Open for suggestions

Smithing: An anvil appears, and you begin smithing armor, which you put on piece by piece as you make it, until you finish and are wearing a shining suit of armor.

Fishing: A small pond appears, and you reach in, but before you touch the water, a shark jumps out and tries to bite your arm, but you catch it just before and wrestle it into submission, then hold it out to show people.

Cooking: A small fire appears, and you pull out a pot and start making some stew, which you dish out then taste.

Firemaking: You hold out your hands, concentrate, then a large pillar of flame erupts all around you, engulfing you in flame. OR You snap your fingers and a small globe of fire appears in your hands, then it spreads all across your body, lighting your clothes on fire, but you don't feel anything.

Woodcutting: Open for suggestions

Farming: The ground around you turns brown, and you pull out a hoe and start tilling the ground, then stop for a break and watch as vegetables grow all around you.

Summoning: You whistle/snap your fingers, and different animals appear and circle around you, then dissapear.[/hide]

Those are just some suggestions, If you like them, say so. If not, say what could be better, but don't just go like "no i dont like [skill]'s emote suggestion." Constructive arguments are ftw :thumbup:.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Mage cape is perfect IMO, I really like it. I don't see the point in wasting programming time for something that's just a matter of opinion. Look at the summoning cape, too complex and we end up with glitches that have to be resolved.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

No.

Sorry, but they're fine as they are. :P

I'm not saying they should replace them, I'm asking if they added a second one, what would you like to see? In case that's what you were thinking :P

I guess I'd like to see alternate styles/colours over emotes. I rarely use my emotes lol, they're mainly used for showing off. Not my thing. Especially with an un-trimmed cooking cape haha!

i suggest you go to the suggestions forum.

I see what you did there.

I like this idea, mainly because I hate the cooking cape emote. And im going to have that cape....tommorow? :P

Grats. :D

Why not create a new emote for every cape and then give users the option to choose which emote they want to use by right-clicking? And when I mean 'choose,' I mean 'locking' that emote so you can spam your cape however many times you want after right-clicking it once to choose your option.

:-w Compromises FTFW.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

What would you suggest for some alternate emotes? What I'm getting at is a lot of emotes are the only possible emotes, any others would not make any sense.

Prayer - would you suggest burying a bone? LOL

Ranging - shooting an arrow, yup that about sums up the skill.

Fletching - making a bow... hmmm...

Thieving - sneaking... what else could it be?

Smithing - making various smithing items.... what else?

Herblore - making a potion... how could that be replaced?

Farming - growing flowers... irreplaceable IMO

Woodcutting - what else do you do in the skill besides cutting trees?

All of those skills would be nearly impossible to find an alternate idea for.

Summer's End

While Guthix Sleeps

3 more days until deadline!

What would you suggest for some alternate emotes? What I'm getting at is a lot of emotes are the only possible emotes, any others would not make any sense.

Boy, you have no imagination, do you? He's not demanding new emotes...he's asking what would you like to see your character do alternatively. People want to shut down everything, and be like "you can't do it." Here's an old proverb for you: "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it."

rssig2.png

Wow people on here are jerks. I may swap forums soon. Anyway:

Some of these emotes are very bland and boring. They could pizzazz up thins such as Fletching.

The Firemaking cape bores me to death too.

I would love some extra emotes, they are always fun.

goblin512.png

Alrght edited the OP with some suggested emotes, comment on them if you like, or suggest your own. :thumbup:

This is a paragraph from an article I wrote for the Tip.It Times a couple of months ago. This paragraph talks about Hunter. It was meant to be a joke, but wouldn't it be cool to see in the game? :P

[hide=]Right out of the gates in 2006, I have to admit the skill always felt unpolished. Even the skillcape emote felt like a letdown. This was the first skillcape and emote released since their inception. I was anticipating an awe inspiring theatric performance. Maybe it could start out hiding in a bush, only a pair of eyes blinking and waiting patiently for my prey. A hapless unicorn strolls by in search of a lush patch of grass to graze on. Suddenly, I jump out from the bush armed with a buck knife and a loud war cry. I bring the unicorn down with a series of thrusts before slitting its throat. Blood spurts in a fountain over my naked body as I lift my hands in the air in a display of carnage and triumph. Now thats an emote! Needless to say, I felt disappointed in the end.[/hide]

rssig2.png

Prayer, basically what you said, or what about praying?

Ranging, yea... what you said, but this one dosent need changing.

Fletching, basically what you said, but this one dosent need changing.

Thieving, pickpocket someone, anything better than what it is now.

Smithing, what you said, but this one dosent need changing.

Herblore, maybe you could mix a potion in a really fancy way? =D.

Farmings pro enuth already.

Woodcutting could be made better i guess.

Anyway, its not worth trying to justify the effort, even if it is bad already.

O.O

mining open for suggestions? w00t.

Imo, 3 different colour metoers should crash land next to the player, the player skillfully jumps out the way and hits each rock with his pickaxe, distroying them in 1 hit and sending multicolour starbits in the air. When the last one is distroyed you see the alien from the D&D come out the star... and the starbits fall down like rain

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

mining open for suggestions? w00t.

Imo, 3 different colour metoers should crash land next to the player, the player skillfully jumps out the way and hits each rock with his pickaxe, distroying them in 1 hit and sending multicolour starbits in the air. When the last one is distroyed you see the alien from the D&D come out the star... and the starbits fall down like rain

Do we get trees falling out of the sky for woodcutting? =D.

O.O

I like this idea a lot. I really do hate the firemakine emote... and the thieving one could use more work as well.

-Support-

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]