Saradomin Sword a Worthy Investment?

Spooks

as I am training Strength is it worth spending 95% of my cash on the SS?

Also is it easy to sell back? I cant afford to be unable to sell it again..lol

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

How many runescapers does it take to fix a lightbulb?

50, 1 to screw it in and 49 to complain that it was better before.

Nope, not in that situation.

ok ill through a couple more at u.

Melee Void a worthy investment? or should I spend the 200 (i got the suit just no helm) on Str xp.

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

So is this the ideal outfit:

Full Void

Climbing boots

Fury/Str Amulet

Rune defender

D Scimmy

Obby cape (if I feel compleled to go thta far)

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

Use d boots, its better :thumbup:

And where you will be training on?

ATM Soul Wars and Pc (I know.....)

Ive been to the griding zones (experiments etc...) and they burnt me out so i quit for 8 months and returned today xD.

Any suggestions?

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

Saradomin sword, no. Range Void yes, the range void is extremely useful.

I've got range void.

Its strength training im after

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

Spooks00.png

I've got range void.

Don't train melee on experiments. Armoured zombies are a good training spot; wear void with salve amulet.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I've got range void.

Don't train melee on experiments. Armoured zombies are a good training spot; wear void with salve amulet.

Yes! armoured zombies are very good. Theres some big requirements though... piety + salve is very fun :thumbup:

Might need to try void...

Anyways, i dont think its worth spending most of your money on it... buy fury, d boots ect and use scimi + rune defender for now :)

Good luck mate

tr0jams.png

ss is a good investment.....if your not goin to spend most of your money on it. i would recommend ankous but then ur trips would b very short without a decent def bonus with the full void. but i do get around 55-65k xp an hour with salve e there if i focus and usually make at least 75k an hour. The xp is pretty good and the money u make can make up for the ss.

btw if your gonna train at armoured zombs u really need at least 60+ prayer for armoured zombs. I tried it and failed miserably

pemdas14.png

Pemdas14.png

this is gonna take a while....

It is NEVER worth putting 95% of your wealth into one item unless somehow you can afford a decent outfit to complement the item (I made the mistake of liquidating almost my entire bank for a Saradomin Godsword about three weeks ago -- amazing weapon, but I'm still trying to gain back a really good combat outfit.)

Also, I've never really understood the huge draw to the Saradomin Sword. Could someone enlighten me as to how much better it is in strength training in general and not just certain situations (I know it's amazing for, say, Waterfiends, but what about in general?)

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

It is NEVER worth putting 95% of your wealth into one item unless somehow you can afford a decent outfit to complement the item (I made the mistake of liquidating almost my entire bank for a Saradomin Godsword about three weeks ago -- amazing weapon, but I'm still trying to gain back a really good combat outfit.)

Also, I've never really understood the huge draw to the Saradomin Sword. Could someone enlighten me as to how much better it is in strength training in general and not just certain situations (I know it's amazing for, say, Waterfiends, but what about in general?)

Its not better then anything in strength training. I only see it to be good for training slayer, and thats only for the spec it has. For strength training i say: SS > D Scimmy+ Rune Defender > Obby Split sword + Zerker Necklace.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Its not better then anything in strength training. I only see it to be good for training slayer, and thats only for the spec it has. For strength training i say: SS > D Scimmy+ Rune Defender > Obby Split sword + Zerker Necklace.

You misunderstood what I said. I went on a tangent about the Saradomin Godsword, then asked about the Saradomin Sword.

What I wanted to know is this: how much faster is Saradomin Sword for strength training than Dragon Scimitar? (Numbers would be nice)

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Sara swords are great for strength training, but if you're going to spend basically all of your cash for one, it's not worth it... yet. Either A) Save to about 10M+ and then buy one, or B) Train with defender + d scim (fury + d boots + neitz/zerker helm + warriors ring + barrows gloves from rfd if you have it). Warrior rings are better than zerker rings in my opinion since it only costs 10% of the price, and it seems as if the +4 str bonus from the ring is negligible. The +4 slash seems to add up in the long run, in my opinion.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

You misunderstood what I said. I went on a tangent about the Saradomin Godsword, then asked about the Saradomin Sword.

What I wanted to know is this: how much faster is Saradomin Sword for strength training than Dragon Scimitar? (Numbers would be nice)

Oh i saw "Saradomin" and automaticly thought of SGS and not SS. But the SS is faster then SGS. It's much cheaper. I don't have that numbers to back it up but i know they are on TIF somewhere and i know some players that have it. But its the speed of the whip which is about 1.5 times faster then a GS i know that. Since it's faster it will hit more then a GS. Not as high but more often.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]